Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

********************CHARLTON ATHLETIC ARE PROMOTED*****************

Comments

• Options
    I can only begin to imagine how much this means to Chrissy, I'm having trouble with it as well. Gor blimey, we've only gone and done it.
  • Options
  • Options
    does anyone have the video of the interveiw with powell was out earlier so didnt watch sky sports
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Promotion? I blame Alex Dyer.

;o)
  • Options
    I'm sure SSN will repeat it during he evening
  • Options
    Blooming Henry what a day!! Really pleased we've finally done it, well done lads, have.a messy night everyone the exile is over!!
  • Options
    History has been made on this day.
  • Options
    oh right thanks, personally i thought we was going to draw so opted to go out and was looking forward to be promoted at home to wycombe next saturday but so happy with the results today
  • Options
    Palace here come the addicks...
  • Options
    he is the messiah!!!

No he's not.
    But he is a bloody legend. Really chuffed for him and the lads.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Look at Alex Dyer chicken necking to get in the photo with Sir Chris. Great to see a photo like that everyone in the squad and supporting the squad played a part.
  • Options
    Just imagine what it'll be like when we qualify for The Champions League.
  • Options
    Had to borrow the neighbours dog with 20 to go, took it for a walk and got away from it all, it was all getting too much for me and my 54 year old ticker. Well done all. When its Charlton its not often but always special. Well done to all for keeping the faith.
  • Options
    Just want to say a big thank you to SCP & the squad for restoring some pride in the team I love. Well done you bloody deserve it.
  • Options
    It doesn't normally take this many men to make me delirious, but I reckon I can cope ;-)
  • Options
    ABSOLUTELY BLOODY GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE AIM DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUT OF THE THIRD TIER OF ENGLISH FOOTBALL AND ON THE UP!!!!!!!!

SORRY FOR SHOUTING! ACTUALLY I'M NOT I FEEL BLOODY EUPHORIC AND HAVE PUT MY FLASK AND RUG DOWN FOR A MAD JIG.

COYR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Can you feel the love tonight?

Gonna be a right old knees up at the valley come Saturdsy , ole ole ole ole going up up up!
  • Options
    If we secure the title at Preston, is it likely all the trophy and medal stuff will be left until Hartlepool?
  • Options
    Opened the Champagne.... at last we are out of this poxy league. Well done to Chris Powell and the team and especially to the new owners, whoever 'they' may be.
  • Options
    If we secure the title at Preston, is it likely all the trophy and medal stuff will be left until Hartlepool?
    Yes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Three years we have languished
    in division one
    We have fought our corner but it hasn't been much
    fun.
    Addicks never cast a frown we never did look down
    Today we celebrate promotion
    next week we'll wear the crown...
    Chrissie Powell our hero with his boys in red
    Covered end salutes you, east and west stands too
    See you on the 5th when you lift the cup
    Tears will be a plenty now we've gone back up......yesssssssssssssss
  • Options
    Brilliant. Well done boys. Wasn't expecting it this weekend and gutted i didn't go. Looking forward to the next 3 games. Manager and squad to be very proud of. Next week i can feel a rendition of Champions, Champions, Champions coming on followed by a carnival at Preston and a trophy presentation against Hartlepool. Some big games to look forward to next year for the likes of Palace and Millwall, so if you're reading, try to enjoy them coz we'll only be there for a couple of years.
  • Options
    Fanbloodytastic! Getting slaughtered!
  • Options
    A whole lotta love and thanks to -

The Board - for their foresight, vision and backing
    SCP - truly the supreme being
    The Players - for wearing the shirts with pride
    All of the Staff - for putting everything into place
    And finally US - cos we bloody well deserve this after putting up with the last 5 years :)

Gonna be holding my head high at work on Monday morning. COYR

"We're on the march with Chrissy's Army, we're going up the Football League
    we don't care about the cups cos The Reds are going up
    Yes Charlton are the greatest football team"
  • Options
    Se7 your right can't wait to go back to work Monday, this smile ain't coming off!!
  • Options
    Always proud to be a Charlton fan, but today is one of those extra specially proud days!! Congratulations to everybody involved with CAFC, from Mr Slater to the tea lady and even Leon Clarke! You've all been part of a squad which the fans have taken to their hearts and restored their faith in the club again, thank you all. Been for celebratory beers with my brother and my eldest son (7years old- he's absolutely buzzing) Had some dinner, more beers now, the day can't get better>
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I didn't think anything could top the Peoples Cup triumph over Den Bosch, but after 4 hours of careful deliberation I think this has just about done it.

• Options
    Started drinking at 13.00 with my daughters plus Rich (CAFC fans) and watched the proceedings unfold in the pub - and we're now very happy indeed, hic! Just home and ordered a curry.

As I mentioned elsewhere, had faith almost from the off (Bournemouth at home). Fantastic team effort, from the management, the team and the fans.

COYR!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    My mate is doing a work placement with the physios. He gets to travel to every game. At sparrows lane every day. I'm feeling slightly jealous he was in the changing room and on the flight celebrating with the fellas tonight