Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Jordan to release autobiograhy

Comments

• Options
    I read a review by Patrick Barclay which was a bit mixed, but I liked the line, 'Crystal Palace is one of football’s most prominent failed states, partly because it attracts people like Simon Jordan.'

Sounds like Jordan lost an awful lot of money on them.

• Options
    For those of us that work in The City, he's signing copies of his book in Waterstone's Leadenhall Market on the 8th June, so expect the area to be full of strange looking people............
    I would have thought the 99p store in Croydon would have got nearer to the target market and cut out the middlemen.
  • Options
    Whoever buys it please quote what he says about us. I'm sure the enjoy the Championship you tosser will be written about in great detail. Could be a bit of a slating for Richard Murray unfortunately.

I think its going to be ugly.
  • Options
    Whoever buys it please quote what he says about us. I'm sure the enjoy the Championship you tosser will be written about in great detail. Could be a bit of a slating for Richard Murray unfortunately.

I think its going to be ugly.
    Ugly book from an ugly bloke!

• Options
    Just read the Sun article, lost 40m at Palace hahaha good!! And a load of other dough on other stuff. Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke, top drawer tosser.
  • Options
    Read in Alan Brazil's book about the time he was at sellout and was taking the piss out of tango. Two heavies appear and collared himim taking him up to the board room to have chat with tango and his brother.

I wonder if he will mention that.
  • Options
    For those of us that work in The City, he's signing copies of his book in Waterstone's Leadenhall Market on the 8th June, so expect the area to be full of strange looking people............
    I would have thought the 99p store in Croydon would have got nearer to the target market and cut out the middlemen.
    If that's not in The Works by Christmas I'll be amazed. It will make a great spoof prezzie. Now, anyone fancy doing a Charlton Life Secret Santa?
  • Options
    “The Spanish property market collapsed. The American real estate market collapsed and I was losing millions overnight. I had millions stuck in films and other deals.

“I did a deal with a big Spanish developer and he went into administration for £1.5bn and owed me several million.

"The Lehman Brothers failed. I had a portfolio worth £4m turn into one which was minus £2m.

“I have spent all my time talking to the banks and trying to keep pace. I have not enjoyed the last two years. There's no fond memories for me.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Dance for me Jordan and I'll give you a tenner.
  • Options
    Ive actually got a grudging respect for him. Bit of a lemon (well orange) but I liked his non- conformity and outspokeness and agreed with a lot of what he said at times.

Also made the rivalry with the Nigels a bit more interesting and thought he showed a pair of bollocks standing and facing the mob outside the west stand giving him dog's abuse.

Game needs characters like him not more and more faceless foreign businessman with no real roots or connections with their clubs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How can a 'property portfolio' be worth a minus figure?

Unless of course it's Sellout Park :-)
  • Options
    Gawd Rodders, not that old game needs characters cliche.
    Not as a reason to embrace him anyway.

He's a gobby oik with no class. Good riddance.
  • Options
    ....Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Dance for me Jordan and I'll give you a tenner.
    Ha ha, if that isn't Post of the Week, I'd love to know what is :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2012

“I did a deal with a big Spanish developer and he went into administration for £1.5bn and owed me several million
    I wonder if that was our old shirt sponsor
  • Options
    I wonder if any of the below will be mentioned in his book?

Evicted from his suite at The Grosvenor Hotel (literally thrown out on the street) for non payment of his bills - so wish I'd been there to witness it.
    Had his yacht repossessed - shame my offer of £750 wasn't excepted.
    His Spanish and US property empire has gone down the Swanny - good old Lehman Brothers, at least they done him up like a kipper.
    The Club Bar and Dining forced into compulsory liquidation.
    Aspiration Film (Telstar) Ltd lost a mint and still haven't filed any accounts - where have we seen that before.
    A few other 'meeja' and property deals all seem to be going pear shaped.

Still at least the great orange one is back in the bosom of his family, living in his dads house in Spain. I wonder if he tucks him up at night when we gives him his hot milk?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Read the Times piece and he talks a lot of sense about the blood sucking agents he has to deal with and the deals that are done. Seems idiotic to have a striker get paid bonuses for scoring goals, or a goal keeper keeping a clean sheet.
  • Options
    so is he bankrupt now or still a wealthy chap? I suppose he's expecting a bit of money from this book!
  • Options
    It's not worth anyone taking him down the bankruptcy route - he just doesn't have enough assets to make it worthwhile.
  • Options
    It'd be a good laugh though!
  • Options
    It's not worth anyone taking him down the bankruptcy route - he just doesn't have enough assets to make it worthwhile.
    Doesn't he have two watches that he wears at the same time?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2012

He still does.

imageimage
  • Options
    So basically he had one great idea - selling cheap mobile phones at a time when they were still comparatively rare and then he proceeded to blow the lot on one failed deal after another.

• Options
    So basically he had one great idea - selling cheap mobile phones at a time when they were still comparatively rare and then he proceeded to blow the lot on one failed deal after another.
    Wished I could have one great idea.
  • Options
    Wished I could have one great idea.

Hardly a great idea, but a right time, right place idea, however his lack of business acumen told out in the end.
  • Options
    True BFR - should have sat on the money rather than reinvesting it in property, Palace etc!
  • Options
    I think a lot of the things he invested like property quite a few people in the world lost money on as well
  • Options
    Read today that in his " compellingly indiscreet autobography" he claims that Col Gaddafi wanted to buy Palace ....That would have tested the FA's " fit & proper" rule methinks..

He also "gets further revenge against former manager, Dowie, by claiming that he produced identical PowerPoint presentations for each Club he applied to manage, simply changing the front sheet every time. ie his laptop contained files inc " Reinvigorating the Rams", "Fuelling the Foxes" and " Advancing the Addicks" .

Any guesses what his front sheet aimed to do for Palace ?

" P*ssing off the Palace " maybe ?
  • Options
    Effluence in the Eagles
  • Options
    He is live on The Wright Stuff (?) one morning this week on Channel 5.
  • Options

He still does.

imageimage

I heard both Micky and Donald have watches with tango on.