Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Jordan to release autobiograhy

Comments

• Options
    Slightly more respect for him after reading this book, providing that what he wrote is true.
  • Options
    First sighting in Poundland yet?
  • Options
    First sighting in Poundland yet?
    Would that be copies of the book or SJ working there?

• Options
    Peterborough chairman also has a book out

Really like the way he runs that club , also has the guts to admit when he's wrong and brought Darren Ferguson back

http://www.peterborough.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=282505
  • Options
    Was in Waterstones in Bluewater last night, already £5 knocked off the original asking price.

Next stop, bargain bin!
  • Options
    I expect Darragh MacAnthony's book would be a decent read
  • Options
    Has Barry Fry ever done a book? I'd love to read his veiws.
  • Options
    I now have a pristine copy of the book from my library. I've only read about half of it but what leapt out at me that he is someone who is on the low to middle line of the sociopath scale. Sociopaths may exhibit the following features and SJ does seem a bit greedy with his tick list.

Glibness and Superficial Charm

Manipulative and Conning
    They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self
    Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

Pathological Lying
    Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
    A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions
    When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation
    Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

Callousness/Lack of Empathy
    Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
    Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
    Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

Irresponsibility/Unreliability
    Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
    Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
    Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
    Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily
    You've just described my ex brother in law!
  • Options
    Slightly more respect for him after reading this book, providing that what he wrote is true.
    Have to say I enjoyed the book. Whatever you think of Jordan, it's a good read and very insightful into the way football clubs are run. It's certainly direct and pulls no punches, naming and shaming managers, players, agents and the football authorities. I guess we all dream of owning our club, well to be fair to the bloke he had a go and it cost him everything!
  • Options
    Water stones are already discounting it which is an excellent sign
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Those palace minutes are pretty good!
  • Options
    Has Barry Fry ever done a book? I'd love to read his veiws.
    yeah he did quite a few years ago - was quite funny his run ins with Stan Flashman at Barnet
    I didnt know he was a busby babe.

• Options
    Simon Jordan coming across as a right tosser on ss2
  • Options
    Just watching it, he is a complete moron. He called footballers "lemons", very rich coming from an orange.
  • Options
    MLS said:

Just watching it, he is a complete moron. He called footballers "lemons", very rich coming from an orange.

Excellent!

• Options
    I just watched it too. God I hate that man!!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Made himself look a right mug tonight...
  • Options
    Considered buying Portsmouth as part of a consortium according to today's Daily Mail.I thought he was skint.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Considered buying Portsmouth as part of a consortium according to today's Daily Mail.I thought he was skint.

Well, they seem to like owners that don't actually have any money so sounds like a good match to me................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've got a free copy if anyone wants it!
  • Options
    Of The Mail?
  • Options

And I have a wonky table. Might find a use for it.......................
  • Options

I wouldn't mind (please, obviously!). Think it looks an interesting read but don't want to line his pockets!!

• Options
    I hate to say it but its a great read. Really enjoyed it, great insite to how football clubs are run....or not run. Proper funny the whole Dowie business and a funny bit with Steve Bruce.
  • Options
    The article in the Mail :

Former Crystal Palace owner Simon Jordan has revealed he enquired about buying Portsmouth before the administrators agreed a deal with the Pompey Supporters’ Trust.
    Jordan, now based in Marbella in Spain, had talks on behalf of a consortium encouraged by the potential of the financially stricken club because of their loyal fan base.
    But Jordan opted out after discussions with lead administrator Trevor Birch because he didn’t believe his investment group could compete with the draw of fans being in charge of their own team.
    Jordan showing interest in acquiring another Football League club is surprising considering that he admits to losing £50million of his fortune at Selhurst Park.
    Be Careful What You Wish For, Jordan’s acclaimed book about his Palace years — which he wrote himself — was shortlisted for the 2012 William Hill Sports Book of the Year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2238925/Simon-Jordan-pondered-Portsmouth-buy--Charles-Sale.html#ixzz2DPwCwqIO
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
  • Options
    Might actually read this book.... i'll see if they've got one going cheap in our local charity shop.
  • Options
    how funny would it be if it was us that he took over?
  • Options
    Waiting for it to become available at the library - not giving him any money!
  • Options

Waiting for it to become available at the library - not giving him any money!

I'm with you re giving him money. I just had a look on amazon marketplace - no cheap copies going there either. I can wait.