Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Jordan to release autobiograhy

Comments

• Options
    In the 2nd video he looks like Robbie savage's brother.................

He looks more like Sally Gunnell I think.
  • Options
    I was really worried that I was starting to respect him after watching/hearing his latest press appearances, but then I saw this on Youtube. What a cock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pNeNf7wxqH8#!
  • Options
    That Fanbanta show was horrific, I'll never forget the time their tit of a reporter turned up at Sparrows Lane for one of Pardew's pre-match press conferences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaTqCEtaiNw
  • Options
    God that's horrific. Worryingly that video made me gain respect for Pardew again!
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA1ff-PHklI
    "you've read the book, now see the movie............"

In the 2nd video he looks like Robbie savage's brother.................
    Great video , will it be on sale in the new Charlton shop?

Thought we could all buy a copy to burn on November the 5th.
  • Options
    I must say that I am actually enjoying reading this and I paid for it. Downloaded the sample and could not put it down. He may come across as a twat in person but his honesty is great.
  • Options
    I must say that I am actually enjoying reading this and I paid for it. Downloaded the sample and could not put it down. He may come across as a twat in person but his honesty is great.
    anything about us yet?
  • Options
    He really is desperate to sell his book isn't he? His comments about his book being about any football club - he clearly thinks that ALL football fans will find it a good read.

Ironically, that's why I'm going to read it.
  • Options
    If its so honest its news material the sun will probably take samples from it.
  • Options
    Currently reading it at the moment, and have just got to the stage when he bought Palace after selling his Mobile Phone business. A good read so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No way buying that and can't imagine it gaining too many sales even amongst those who arent biased against him. The best (and funniest ) football autobiography released recently has to be Ibrahimovic's I am Zlatan, so many good quotes , his time at Barcelona in particular
  • Options
    True story.

Mate of mine was flying out to Malaga last week and the orange one was on his flight , his reading matter? Yes you've
  • Options
    So is he pot less now or just not as wealthy as he once was
  • Options
    I can't believe he blew all that money , and still couldn't get himself a decent haircut.
  • Options
    W
    So is he pot less now or just not as wealthy as he once was
    Well my mate was flying with easyjet. Dot think SJ is potless but he's hardly rolling in it.
  • Options
    Just got to the bit where we relegated them. I must say I am actually growing to like him a little. Was quite funny the Murray incident. Well worth a read. Great thinking of all the Palace fans when its all going tits up
  • Options
    I started reading it the other day and am struggling to put it down.

I like the bloke. He comes across as a bit insecure and a blagger but not a lot he has ever said or written Ive really disagreed with.

The bit when he took Clinton Morrison to task for kissing his teeth at him was brilliant.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Loudmouth twat wages public war on Charlton fans. He inevitably loses his fortune and Charlton fans help him rebuild it by buying his autobiography.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Publicly waged war on Charlton fans?

He called us morons and to be fair that is tame compared to the abuse he got when he came to The Valley or we went to their dive of a stadium. Part and parcel of the game....fans who dish it out and then get outraged when someone has a pop back is a bit hypocritical.

Money was being put in his pocket during the time of him being chairman by our flock when we paid to go to Selhurst to watch games so me buying his book isn't going to turn him or the Nigels into a global superpower.

As for the Dowie situation I make him right for being pissed off with the way Dowie stitched them up. If it was the other way round I'd be fuming if Chris Powell said he wanted to leave to be near family up north then rocked up at Palace or Millwall.

The pantomime writ serving that followed was all a bit silly and not very classy but then neither was the way Dowie behaved.
  • Options
    Publicly waged war on Charlton fans?

He called us morons and to be fair that is tame compared to the abuse he got when he came to The Valley or we went to their dive of a stadium. Part and parcel of the game....fans who dish it out and then get outraged when someone has a pop back is a bit hypocritical.

Money was being put in his pocket during the time of him being chairman by our flock when we paid to go to Selhurst to watch games so me buying his book isn't going to turn him or the Nigels into a global superpower.

As for the Dowie situation I make him right for being pissed off with the way Dowie stitched them up. If it was the other way round I'd be fuming if Chris Powell said he wanted to leave to be near family up north then rocked up at Palace or Millwall.

The pantomime writ serving that followed was all a bit silly and not very classy but then neither was the way Dowie behaved.
    if you love him that much rodders why dont you go out and buy yourself some peanut butter right now!......

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The bit about Charlton inviting managers of others clubs for a cup of tea at the ground was funny. We had tapped up quite a few haha. The guy is very funny. It does not put the current westham lot in good light (Brady etc).

• Options
    According to him everyone else is a twat and he isn't.

Utter bell
  • Options
    According to him everyone else is a twat and he isn't.

Utter bell
    what he said

• Options
    I now have a pristine copy of the book from my library. I've only read about half of it but what leapt out at me that he is someone who is on the low to middle line of the sociopath scale. Sociopaths may exhibit the following features and SJ does seem a bit greedy with his tick list.

Glibness and Superficial Charm

Manipulative and Conning
    They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self
    Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

Pathological Lying
    Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
    A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions
    When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation
    Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

Callousness/Lack of Empathy
    Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
    Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
    Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

Irresponsibility/Unreliability
    Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
    Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
    Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
    Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily
  • Options
    Interesting list stilladdicted, how many of the list does one need to exhibit to be considered a sociopath and what is the specific evidence from the book that SJ matches these?
  • Options
    Just finished it. An interesting, enjoyable and good read.
  • Options
    Was in Waterstones Bromley today, didn't buy but picked it up and looked at the index. Looked at the pages devoted to Charlton Athletic and there were 30 "THIRTY". 30 pages of insults no doubt. And then Richard Murray and there were stil 10 "TEN". 10 pages of horrible things about said him no doubt.
  • Options
    Has he sold over 5 copies yet?
  • Options
    Just finished it. An interesting, enjoyable and good read.
    Agree