Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Jordan to release autobiograhy

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    It's an excellent read....and trust me, any CAFC fans who do read it WILL change their view of him.
  • Options

I've got a free copy if anyone wants it!

I wouldn't mind (please, obviously!). Think it looks an interesting read but don't want to line his pockets!!

I could give it to you tonight if you want, inbox me.
  • Options

It's an excellent read....and trust me, any CAFC fans who do read it WILL change their view of him.

Read it and didnt really change my mind of him. Always thought he was a bit of a flash wally but spoke a lot of sense generally and didnt dislike him. More of a pantomime villain.

We were pretty out of order re the whole Dowie debacle and including the "enjoy the championship tosser" episode I thought it was all a very embarrassing moment for the club and Murray in my opinion.

As for calling us morons my view is that we gave him enough dog's abuse over the years fair play for giving a bit back.

• Options
    It strengthen my view of him.
  • Options

Has he sold over 5 copies yet?

Million?
  • Options
    Great read. Bought a copy within a week of it being published.
  • Options
    I have read it and in my view he is still an idiot who has no idea about how to run a football club and chanced his way in to being rich and thought he was a business man.

Hate the guy and his inferiority complex he had to RM.

• Options

He could write a book telling of his secret love for all things SE7 and I'll still never change my opinion of the stripey nigel c**t..........
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Finished it yesterday (cheers FoD, and have already passed it onto another Addick!), think I kept the same opinion of him as I've always had - as a person very arrogant, self-important, classless in terms of his cash (I bought 'x' which cost £150,000, I wore my Imaz llopoza suit that I think makes me look swish etc). Also always thinks he's right.

However, as used to be clear from his articles etc, he has got some decent opinions on the way football is run and how it would be better if treated like any other other business.

What I did find interesting was the way he made his money through essentially geting credit in place after place to pay of the last lender, and the fact essentially trying to do the same at Palace was what did for him.

Also think suspect he's quite economical with the truth - I can't see Richard Murray challenging him to a fight wihout provocation, I think it more likely something was said after the infamous 'tosser' remark, and I also suspect Aglio weren't as unreasonable as suggested, and didn't believe they'd ever get their money. Plus he can't convince me that skin colour came from just living in Spain.

Decent read but I'd say it's a typical autobiography, nothing more, but we're interested as it's Palace, Jordan and us sending them down.
  • Options
    Agree with Neil above. He ran his phone business on credit and got lucky with a buyer. Trouble is he then lost touch with the value of money, not surprising when you suddenly find yourself with 30 million in your back pocket. He is surprisingly guileless by buying ordinary players for OTT prices and wages on the recommendation of his rather poor managers (apart from Warnock). Agreed on his views on agents. He allegedly paid his brother Dominic about a million a year for doing very little, supposed to doll up the stadium. Palace fans very grumpy about that. He forgot to put that in his book.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, read it last week in double quick time as I found it engrossing. Still a tosser in my book. I love a story with a good ending, which this has of course.
  • Options
    One of my must meet people.

• Options
    Did you see him on Sports Personality last night?