Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Jordan to release autobiograhy

Comments

• Options
    Waterstones, Leadenhall Market 1.05pm - Not a Nigel in sight!

Went round there just after one o'clock and thought I had the wrong day.
    Not a soul around, just the orange man sat behind a desk by the door, ironically with a security guard, signing books given to him by the Waterstone's staff who were desperately trying to keep the conversation alive.

He made eye contact with anybody who came through the door, and I had to turn round and go out again as I couldn't contain the smirk on my face.

Piles of books on the desk, and a note which said 'ONLY THREE COPIES PER PERSON'. Irony at its best.

I know what the queue was like for Curbs, so its Reds 1 - 0 Oranges

you should have walked in and said

are you?

you are arent you? you're, er, you are, you're???

he is isnt he he's...

YOU ARE, YOU'RE A C~~T

• Options
    He's not the only one to buy the club and not the ground, Mark Goldberg did the same.
  • Options
    Should have said "I heard you looked a bit weird since you started dating Liz Hurley, but I wasn't prepared for this...."
  • Options
    Think you are wrong on a lot of that KHA.

He didn't buy the club from Noades, that was Goldberg. The tosser bought them out of admin. He then claimed to have got one over Noades by using a third party to buy SP when he hadn't. He lied to the fans and then knocked his mates who put the money up. He constantly refused to allow any other rich fans like the current owners to join the board as he was in it for his ego and needed to hide the mess he'd made.

As for employing Dowie to spite Tango I know some will insist that was the reason but from talking to the main players at the time I don't think they did. Davies was all lined up to come and he was the first choice. When he dropped out they thought Dowie was the best option. They we're wrong but I still don't think spiting Jordan was the main reason for taking him on.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Sorry KHA but you're mixing up tosser with Goldberg there and re-writing history.

Goldberg bought CPFC from Noades for £23m - with a promise to come back and buy the Ground for £12m later - he was a busted flush by then.

Tosser said he had bought the ground from Noades - when in fact his mate Kemsley bought it under the illusion that tosser would subsequently buy it off him - which of course being the lying, thieving, bullying, conceited, arrogant and nasty tosser he is, he didn't, mainly because he was losing his luckily earned fortune at an alarming rate by then.

Tosser did so much wheeling and dealing and downright dodgy practices to keep his dirty hands on CPFC - he outright lied to the gullible fans who wanted to believe him as Palace's saviour. The man even mortgaged the Jumbotron and the Trade Mark for the Palace logo - which is why the new owners are trying to sort a new one out so they don't have to pay for Jordan's mistakes any further.

It was one of the dodgy companies that he dealt with who finally pulled the plug on him.

I will read this book but - I will not buy it. From what I've seen so far, it consist of him winning pissing contests against various people with him always having the last word - mainly phrases from the Alan Partridge/The Office - including the 80 year old Chairman of Rotherham. I'm sure his ghost writer has deliberately made him look a bigger twat than he actually his.

Please shed no tears for him KHA. Just laugh at him.

Luckily for the Palace fans, they seem to have an honest, open and decent bunch in charge now who are only interested in promoting Palace rahter than themselves and/or their empires - to be honest they've had more than their fair share of numpties trying to run the Club.
  • Options
    So you're a fan, Addickted?
  • Options
    Addickted knows more about Jordan, Palace and how they operate than his own family. FACT.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, I did actually know all of that about Goldberg. I have no idea how I managed to get so confused. I won't edit what I wrote as I thought I knew what I was talking about when I wrote it, but I now realise it was rather a load of rubbish.

I apologise for writing such rubbish.

I am not, however, feeling at all sorry for him.

Henry, I wasn't suggesting that Dowie was appointed to spite Jordan, merely that we were enjoying it when the Orange One made such a fool of himself. The question as to who was involved before Dowie resigned to move back to his family has been discussed in court, so I wouldn't discuss it here, but I got the feeling at the time that people associated with Charlton, including fans (me being one of them) enjoyed the fact that we hadn't had to pay Palace (or Jordan) to have Dowie released from his contract.

I've heard Richard Murray talk about Davies and Dowie in the past, and I don't doubt that the sequence of events is as he describes it, but that didn't alter the fact that we enjoyed Jordan throwing his toys out of his pram, not does it alter the fact that the club ended up paying a small fortune as a result of the whole debacle - employing Dowie in the first place.

Really don't know how I managed to get my facts so off though, maybe I liked the idea of him being fooled so much that I convinced myself that that was what happened. Sorry Chaps.
  • Options
    If I could have gone to his book signing I would have shown him how much I cared.

It would have been worth bunging the security guard to have a 'comfort break' whilst I was there.

• Options

It would have been worth bunging the security guard to have a 'comfort break' whilst I was there.

A voucher for Greggs would have done the trick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I only have an educated guess what happened with dowie joining us. If anyone knows the truth can they pm me.
  • Options
    12.55 walked nearby on my way to lunch with a mate...
    Came close to popping in and throwing a wisecrack (due to zero queue) but feeling of nausea overcame me

End of the day Mr Murray lost £10-20M with us lot but it's tax deductible vs profits elsewhere whereas said tosser lost £40M and has no profits!
  • Options
    I suspect Murray's lawyers will be eagerly reading the book as it won't be comfortable reading.

It does make you wonder though, did the whole Dowie affair really distract the club that much?
    No it didn't. Dowie just didn't fit in at Charlton.
  • Options
    My view on Dowie is that, despite it never being said, certain people at Charlton enjoyed making Jordan look stupid with the 'Move up North' malarkey. In the end it cost both Charlton and Dowie a fortune - and this is excluding the cost of the mistakes made that eventually led to our relegation.

Do you really think that Richard Murray employed Iain Dowie just to put one over on Simon Jordan?

• Options
    My view on Dowie is that, despite it never being said, certain people at Charlton enjoyed making Jordan look stupid with the 'Move up North' malarkey. In the end it cost both Charlton and Dowie a fortune - and this is excluding the cost of the mistakes made that eventually led to our relegation.

Do you really think that Richard Murray employed Iain Dowie just to put one over on Simon Jordan?

Hate to say, but with hindsight, I'm fairly sure it was a big plus point in his appointment.

• Options
    Hate to say, but with hindsight, I'm fairly sure it was a big plus point in his appointment.

Evidence?
  • Options
    On LBC now with Paul Mortimer
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Evidence?
    From speaking to RM and others involved after the Dowie debacle.

• Options
    edited June 2012

The quote you used never suggested that we went after Dowie to put one over on Jordan, and I've said somewhere in the thread that I never meant that. The point, however, is that even if Dowie wasn't appointed to upset Jordan it is clear that we enjoyed it, and this quite possibly led to him going to great lengths to take it to court.

With hindsight it is probably a mistake to laugh at a man with little intellect and more money than he knows what to do with - even if he will ultimately have none left.
  • Options
    As Addickted said it's time to make Tangoman dance. I would ask him to write something like, "I love Charlton' or refuse to buy the book.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Telstar on BBC2 now if you fancy a laugh.
  • Options
    Still £10.07 too expensive.
  • Options
    Funny how on amazon you have to pay about £5 extra to buy a 2nd hand copy.

Soiled by Nigels grubby paws.................urgh.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Just to balance it up. Has he got something wrong with his nose???

LIAR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZW8BHHKbZY
  • Options
    What was he lying about Addicted?

Never followed the story....did he not own selhurst after all?
  • Options

No.

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA1ff-PHklI
    "you've read the book, now see the movie............"

In the 2nd video he looks like Robbie savage's brother.................
  • Options

No.

Cheers. One thing bullshitting in business biut doing it to that extent to your club's fans is low.