Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• I watched the first fifteen minutes of the I-Land. I'm stunned. I truly didn't think it was possible to make television that bad. I mean - apart from being horrifically acted, even more horrifically written and having what looks like the most clichéd plot line ever written it's just... Well... 'bad'. 

Seriously - words alone can't do it justice. It's shit. Utter utter shit. Like someone baked a turd into a TV show. 

Give it a watch - and tell me its not the single worst thing you've ever seen passing as 'drama' on televsion

I did say not long ago, I watched it. I liked it, wasn't overly invested or looking into plot twists or anything but found it watchable. Not the worst idea, I didn't mind it.
  • Ladhood - comedy series on BBC3. Very funny.
  • Most of the way through Tim Minchin's Upright. Really enjoyed it so far.
  • Most of the way through Tim Minchin's Upright. Really enjoyed it so far.
    Finished that last night. Enjoyed it. 
  • Echoing the general feeling towards his dark materials, enjoying it without being blown away. Prefer the books 
  • Rick and Morty, series 4 has been exceptionally good, and I'm also trying out Watchmen, haven't had interest in any of the DC/Marvel stuff previously, so trying to get a better understanding of the world around it 
  • edited December 2019
    Rothko said:
    Rick and Morty, series 4 has been exceptionally good, and I'm also trying out Watchmen, haven't had interest in any of the DC/Marvel stuff previously, so trying to get a better understanding of the world around it 
    Loving Rick n Morty.
  • Rothko said:
    Rick and Morty, series 4 has been exceptionally good, and I'm also trying out Watchmen, haven't had interest in any of the DC/Marvel stuff previously, so trying to get a better understanding of the world around it 
    It might be worth a quick read of the Wiki page on the original Watchmen. It's not essential (my wife had no knowledge of it at all and still really enjoyed the series) but makes it a bit easier to understand. The series takes place in 2019, the comic ends in the mid 1980s. 

Watchmen is in my top 3 for 2019 alongside Succession and Chernobyl.
  • I stuck with Watchmen but it really didnt make a lot of sense. Don't know if it was writers trying to be clever and out manoeuvre fans of the comics or what but I won't be counting down the days until the next series 

Rick and Morty gets better and better, guaranteed laughs every episode 
  • The snake episode was my favourite of the season so far, I do enjoy when it gets a bit ‘trippy’ as well with time loops, doppelgangers, multiple dimensions etc.

Mr Robot also went a bit Rick & Morty this week, last 2 episodes ever on Monday! It’s somewhere around the top 5 of best shows I’ve watched.

• Sponsored links:

• Anyone watched 'Don't F*ck with Cats' on netflix? 

There are some seriously twisted individuals out there!
  • Anyone watched 'Don't F*ck with Cats' on netflix? 

There are some seriously twisted individuals out there!
    Just watched the first episode. One of the most engrossing hours of TV I’ve seen.
  • edited December 2019
    His Mum is weird, i know a mother would want to defend her son but some things are indefensible and she is absolutely delusional.
  • Enjoyed Watchmen. It's a bit out there at times but liked how they linked bits back to the comic without being a slave to it. Final episode was very good.

Seems to be a lot of new stuff on at the moment I need to catch up on. Need to get through some older shows first including Sons of Anarchy and only 2 seasons into Power.

The Andy Murray documentary is definitely worth a watch too. He really puts himself through it.
  • The Witcher on Netflix 

Entertaining, action, nudity, more action. 

Not to be confused with the game series, this id a blend of the books and new fiction, currently 4/8 episodes in and enjoying it.
  • Watched the first episode of the Witcher. It felt a bit lightweight and some of the CGI looked cheap. Maybe I'm missing something because I didn't play the game 
  • I watched a programme earlier this evening & Bradley Walsh wasn't in it.
  • I dislike the actor in the Witcher, he’s all chin/no talent. 
    The missus made me watch the cat thing though, what a pair of freaks Luca and his mother....
  • Dazzler21 said:
    The Witcher on Netflix 

Entertaining, action, nudity, more action. 

Not to be confused with the game series, this id a blend of the books and new fiction, currently 4/8 episodes in and enjoying it.
    , enjoyed despite it slowly moving back in line with the game as much as the books. Bit shit it’s only 8 episodes
  • edited December 2019
    Just watched Upright starring Tim Minchin.  He along with young Milly Alcock forge an unlikely bond in order to transport a piano across Australia. Quirky, melancholic and a proper ending.  I liked it.  (On Sky Atlantic).
  • Sponsored links:

• Season 2 of You is really good so far 
  • The trial of Christine Keeler on BBC1. Ok-ish, but made better by the actress playing Ms Keeler......and her lack of clothes.
  • The Sleepers (Bez vědomi) is an HBO 6-parter made by and about Czechs, which was released on Nov.17, the anniversary of the Velvet Revolution. It focuses on a dissident Czech who had fled to London, and returns a couple of months before the revolution. It is extremely dark, although there is minimal violence except when the Russians get involved. It was too personally dark for my wife, although she agreed that the attention to detail was top drawer. Being Czech, competing conspiracy theories abound in the storyline, but there is resolution, of sorts, at the end. Storyline not quite up to the level of my foreign favourites, but if that time in 1989 interests you, this should be rewarding.
  • The Witcher gets better as it goes on. 
  • It's not a series but I watched Mystify, a doc. film telling the story of INXS' Michael Hutchence. I quite liked INXS, but simply assumed that his suicide was just another sad case of overwhelming pressures of stardom. Turns out the truth was far more complex than that. It's well worth a watch.
  • It's not a series but I watched Mystify, a doc. film telling the story of INXS' Michael Hutchence. I quite liked INXS, but simply assumed that his suicide was just another sad case of overwhelming pressures of stardom. Turns out the truth was far more complex than that. It's well worth a watch.
    Watched the first half last night. I was (is) a big INXS fan. He was a great performer, had a real stage presence. Will never forget being only ten feet from him at Brixton Academy. He's still underated as he was one of the best rock singers of all time.
  • Valley11 said:
    Season 2 of You is really good so far 
    Watched the first episode of the first series. Couldn't believe that he didn't kill the guy so didn't watch anymore.
    Not a fan of Hutchence or INXS but this was a worthwhile watch ... so much to despair about.

No matter what I think about him, he was definitely a talent. 
  • hawksmoor said:
    Watching the fact-based drama Monzon on Netflix, about the great Argentinian boxer and his wife's suspicious death. Flashes backward and forward to his boxing career and the resultant womanising, to the story's present where he's in jail and the police are investigating his wife's death, plus the back and forth of the opposing lawyers. 

No spoilers please by boxing fans who already know how it turned out for him.
    Read your post out loud to my Argentinian wife who immediately spoiled it! 😗
  • Valley11 said:
    Season 2 of You is really good so far 
    4 episodes in and it's brilliant. the last scene of episode 4 tells me it's about to become even better