Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Mandalorian was excellent.
  • Anyone watched tonight's opening episode of Dracula ? 

Bl**dy hell ! 
  • Anyone watched tonight's opening episode of Dracula ? 

Bl**dy hell ! 
    Though it was very well done 
  • Really enjoyed Dracula.  The nun is great. 
  • It's been wokeified and jokeified so it's not Bram Stoker's Dracula, but I thought it was good fun with some enjoyably creepy bits in it
  • Yeah didn’t take itself too seriously and was enjoyable.

Also started watching Messiah on Netflix today, decent so far.
  • Yeah didn’t take itself too seriously and was enjoyable.

Also started watching Messiah on Netflix today, decent so far.
    Was he a naughty boy?
  • Just watched Guilt ..a 4 part BBC thing from a few months ago. Thought it was really good. Well acted and satisfying resolution . Not sure if you could still find it but worth a look if you can.

• Finally got round to watching Chernobyl, thought it was great.

Season 2 of You is next up.
  • Same watching habit as us VG
    Looking forward to further episodes of both.
  • Sponsored links:

• You was very good, can't help but like Joe though which is a little concerning. 
  • Any fans of Gomorrah on here? I just read about a new film coming out about Ciro’s back story, sounds proper good
  • You was very good, can't help but like Joe though which is a little concerning. 

I wouldn't say like Joe, but the programme as dark as it is makes me keep watching. I think im on the final episode of series 2, been really good episode 10 , sort of called the twist just before it happens.
  • For all the Narcos fans on here:

In case you missed the news last month, the second season of Narcos Mexico will be out on February 13th. 

I watched all four previous seasons last summer and absolutely loved them. Mexico might not be as great as Colombia (I mean the series not the countries😂) but IMO still better than 95% of the TV stuff we get to watch these days.

By the way, has anyone seen any news on McMafia season two? I watched season one when it was aired and thought we'd get a second season a year later but it's been two years now and I saw this week that James Norton has another show out instead of McMafia so I'm wondering what's happening? And I can't find anything concerning a new season of McMafia.
  • Jessie said:
    For all the Narcos fans on here:

In case you missed the news last month, the second season of Narcos Mexico will be out on February 13th. 

I watched all four previous seasons last summer and absolutely loved them. Mexico might not be as great as Colombia (I mean the series not the countries😂) but IMO still better than 95% of the TV stuff we get to watch these days.

By the way, has anyone seen any news on McMafia season two? I watched season one when it was aired and thought we'd get a second season a year later but it's been two years now and I saw this week that James Norton has another show out instead of McMafia so I'm wondering what's happening? And I can't find anything concerning a new season of McMafia.
    Is Norton not one of the favs for next Bond? Personally I think he is waiting to see if he wins the race, you can't have a season 2 of McMafia and a Norton Bond at the same time. 
  • Jessie said:

Is Norton not one of the favs for next Bond? Personally I think he is waiting to see if he wins the race, you can't have a season 2 of McMafia and a Norton Bond at the same time. 
    I remember reading the Bond rumours and having seen McMafia I thought he would be great for the role. I didn't see it at all when I was watching War and Peace before though. 
  • Jessie said:
    Jessie said:

I remember reading the Bond rumours and having seen McMafia I thought he would be great for the role. I didn't see it at all when I was watching War and Peace before though. 
    He's ok, think there is better options out there on what I have seen. McMafia Season 2 would have been the real audition given how Season 1 ended. Don't think it's going to happen, maybe if Norton is overlooked for Bond. 
  • Really enjoyed Dracula.  The nun is great. 

After watching it for some time realised why the nun's voice seemed famliar to me. Then it struck me - reminds me of a certain Belgian lawyer.

• Anyone been watching the "gone wrong show"? Had me in stitiches
  • Not new  but I have The Mallorca Files on in the background as I'm cooking tea. Its on BBC1 5.30 - 6.30pm. Bloke playing golf & not doing too well. Sure I just heard him shout out "bollocks, bollocks, bollocks" after a really bad tee shot. I might be wrong, but tea time telly on a saturday I think this is not on. Anyone agree....??  I can see it's a repeated show from last week so perhaps it was shown at a more aporipriate time & the schedules were unaware of the content.

As an aside.....it stated off with someone being shot dead. 

I think the BBC will get a few complaints about this.
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:
    Anyone been watching the "gone wrong show"? Had me in stitiches

Was so stupid I laughed me bollocks off.
  • 'The Trial of Christine Keeler' .. essential viewing ((:>)
    Really well done. Sophie Cookson very good as Keeler.
    Seconded!
  • Been some varied output over the past couple of weeks. Bancroft was bonkers. Xmas Carol left me rather cold and I found the ghosts all a bit boring.

Christine Keeler series is confusing in jumping back and forth in time (and you would think they would get the Parliamentary debate correct given it's recorded in Hansard: for instance Barbara Castle continually referring to a Tory as 'my right honourable friend'.)

Liked Dracula parts one and two - part three not so much. Thought Sister Agatha was great.   

Watching the Norwegian thriller Wisting on BBC4. Very good so far.   
  • Been some varied output over the past couple of weeks. Bancroft was bonkers. Xmas Carol left me rather cold and I found the ghosts all a bit boring.

Christine Keeler series is confusing in jumping back and forth in time (and you would think they would get the Parliamentary debate correct given it's recorded in Hansard: for instance Barbara Castle continually referring to a Tory as 'my right honourable friend'.)

Liked Dracula parts one and two - part three not so much. Thought Sister Agatha was great.   

Bancroft was good viewing but as you say bonkers and totally unbelievable. I mean a club that size and no CCTV to see her push the woman out the window? Likewise the house where the murders took place. Outside security lights but no cameras? And that is before we get on to the plot. If they make a third series I'll give it a swerve.

Yeah the third part of Dracula was shit. The rest, especially the 2nd episode, was enjoyable.
  • Started watching Russian Doll on Netlfix last night... One of the weirdest shows ive ever watched.
  • For any Nordic Noir fans I would say that Wisting on Bbc4 on saturday evenings is the best offering since the Bridge. Well worth catching up with.

The third series of Occupied now on Netflix is also very good as is 12th Man.
  • SAS who dares wins in last night. Love that show