Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Just finished The Leftovers - waited ages to watch season 3. Perfect.
  • Options
    Picnic at Hanging Rock?

baffled.
  • Options
    Watched the first episode of Big Little Lies. Really enjoyed it, the acting was superb as was the way it was put together. A friend of ours is directing six episodes in season 2 so I'm looking forward to watching those when we've caught up with season 1.
  • Options

Anyone watched The Alienist on Netflix ? ( Apologies if I've missed any previous comments)

Started watching via my tablet whilst in Italy and completed the series on Friday evening.

Pretty dark but gripping IMO & not scifi as I first thought !

Well worth a look.

I've been recommended it by someone else, too. Will have a go with it once we've finished Big Little Lies.
  • Options

Watched the first episode of Big Little Lies. Really enjoyed it, the acting was superb as was the way it was put together. A friend of ours is directing six episodes in season 2 so I'm looking forward to watching those when we've caught up with season 1.

I'm jealous you are watching for the first time. I've watched the whole series twice (the last episode at least 3 times) when is the 2nd series out? how cool your friend is directing!!
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Picnic at Hanging Rock?

baffled.

I only caught the last half an hour.....seemed like a Lewis Carroll novel or a victorian version of Twin Peaks
  • Options

Picnic at Hanging Rock?

baffled.

I hated the film so I’m steering well clear of this one .
  • Options

Recently watched on iplayer a BBC Wales drama called Keeping Faith. Was a really good watch and deserved to be on BBC 1 or 2. Now watching another BBC Wales drama called Hidden, part Welsh language and sub titled but four episodes in and it too is really good. I'd recommend both, certainly whiles away a long train journey.

Obviously someone from the BBC reads this thread
  • Options

Recently watched on iplayer a BBC Wales drama called Keeping Faith. Was a really good watch and deserved to be on BBC 1 or 2. Now watching another BBC Wales drama called Hidden, part Welsh language and sub titled but four episodes in and it too is really good. I'd recommend both, certainly whiles away a long train journey.

I really enjoyed the first episode, but I saw there are 8 of them all told.....Who does the producer think they are, Cecil B De-Milne ??? 6 is usually 2 too many for starters.....but 8 !!!
  • Options

I really enjoyed the first episode, but I saw there are 8 of them all told.....Who does the producer think they are, Cecil B De-Milne ??? 6 is usually 2 too many for starters.....but 8 !!!
    But Eve Myles. No such thing as too much of a good thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I agree with this. It is a good series....but it felt that they stretched it out a bit.
  • Options

I'm jealous you are watching for the first time. I've watched the whole series twice (the last episode at least 3 times) when is the 2nd series out? how cool your friend is directing!!
    She's won an Oscar and two BAFTAs so I'd say it's a bit of a coup for them to get her. Of course, it's nice for her to get a decent pay day.
  • Options
    Just started watching Luke Cage season 2. First episode, there's a scene in the barber shop with a chess board set up the wrong way! Sort it out, Marvel.
  • Options
    Really enjoying Mortimer and Whitehouse - gone fishing, great TV.
  • Options

Picnic at Hanging Rock?

baffled.

Turned it off after 30 minutes.

Enjoyed the film although it was a bit weird but essentially there is no story, just lots of nice frocks and soft lighting.
  • Options
    Just finished The Looming Tower. Very good performances from all especially Tahir Raman as Ali Soufan and Jeff Daniels as John O’Niell.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Just finished The Looming Tower. Very good performances from all especially Tahir Raman as Ali Soufan and Jeff Daniels as John O’Niell.

Thought it was excellent. I'm now reading the book it was based on but if the CIA did act as portrayed it's absolutely shocking.
  • Options
    What happened to Night & Day on C4 ?? The new "Walter Presents" series started on sun 1st July but no episode 2 last sunday or last night. Has it been pulled ???
  • Options

What happened to Night & Day on C4 ?? The new "Walter Presents" series started on sun 1st July but no episode 2 last sunday or last night. Has it been pulled ???

You can get all 13 episodes on All 4. Finished it yesterday and it was very good, which was pleasing as most Spanish TV is hit or miss.
  • Options
    Just finished S2 of Goliath, what a cracking series. I think even better than S1. Lots of twists and turns and billy bob is fantastic.
    Moving straight onto Bosch S4,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did anyone watch the new Sascha Baron Cohen show ('Who is America?') last night? If so, any good? I might watch it on catch-up. Cheers.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Did anyone watch the new Sascha Baron Cohen show ('Who is America?') last night? If so, any good? I might watch it on catch-up. Cheers.

A but disappointing to be honest. After watching loads of season spoilers/clips was looking forward to it but first episode, not great. Ill still watch entire season, hopefully get a lot better.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Watching this tonight, my flatmate enjoyed it earlier though. Saw a 10 minute trailer for it yesterday which was cracking me up and I'm not normally a SBC fan.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

It was ok......but the bit about the gun lobby was incredible.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Thought it was excellent. I'm now reading the book it was based on but if the CIA did act as portrayed it's absolutely shocking.
    Read the book some time back, it’s very good.
  • Options
    Whitehouse and Mortimer go fishing is genius.

Love both of em'. The funnier half of both duos they were in imo.
  • Options
    Josh Whedon to executive produce a new series of Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
    Never watched it myself but most online reaction is not good. Majority seem to want it left alone, unspoilt.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

@Fanny Fanackapan
    This is us season 2 started tonight on More 4 in case you have not already seen it.

Thanks, MOL.

This automatically recorded as we had series link on the 1st.

Due to watch later as started the 6 parter Secret City last night......and then watched the whole lot !

Would def recommend this one.
    I've never cried so much for a fictional character's death... It was so heart-breaking for me to see the Pearson family's reactions to the tragedy. I cried during watching the episode of the funeral and even it was over it took me over twenty minutes to stop crying and calm down. :cry:
    Just like me for Dobby the house elf then.
  • Options
    BTW, they said on the BBC news the other day that the Netflix drama budget is about £8bn per year. They calculated that the whole BBC drama budget for the year was about the same as Netflix spent on just two series of The Crown!

It's going to be difficult for the Beeb to keep pace and something needs to change. Hardly anyone except the over 50s is watching regular broadcast TV any more. A quick fix, it seems to me, would be for the BBC to make all its content available in UHD on iPlayer.
  • Options
    Just finished season two of Westworld . What a load of old tosh . God knows why I committed to the end because I still don’t have a clue what was going on .