Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam Baldock

Comments

• Options
    Obviously would like to sign him just hope we don't break the bank trying to sign him with money we don't have.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

He's a promising kid. Not the player we require.

Your own your own with those comments

But he is better than what we've curently got at the moment

Wouldn't get near the first team.

Disagree he is as good as what we have

Plaaayer said:

He's 23, not really a kid, nor the world beater some are convincing themselves that he is.

Ok tale away the kid bit replace with a promising young player. I still say BWP is better for the now.

I mean for WHU since 2011 he has played 23 and scored 5 thats one goal every 4.6 games.

BWP has a goals to games ratio at Charlton of 2.1 games per goal.

Yann has a goals to games ratio at charlton of 3 games per goal.

On that id say not first 11, but could grow to be.
  • Options
    How many of those 23 were starts?
  • Options
    Mike said:

How many of those 23 were starts?

I stand to be corrected but I believe 5 and he scored in all of them.
  • Options
    If he joins us he's an excellent player, if he doesn't he's just average.
  • Options
    spoken like a true Charlton supporter.

i would add that if he does sign, his barbers in Epping gave him an excellent, modern day hair-cut but that if he doesn't sign then he had a complete bodge job with the barber clearly using a knife and fork.
  • Options
    I just wish he'd sign for someone, he's being linked with a different team everyday. The latest being Watford and sheff weds.
  • Options
    I must admit I had never of heard of him until we were linked with him. However with the amount of posts about him, he better be the 2nd coming of Messi.

Never seen a player hyped up as much, will probably turn out to be be more Marcus Bent than Darren Bent!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    His agent has been doing a first class job these last few months....and that's about anyone can say that is an actual 100% fact.
  • Options
    Absolutely. Pimp of the year award.

If I had to bet who'd get more goals next season, him or BWP I know who I'd go for.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's a decent player. with regular football he'll get 15-20 goals a season. But both Yann and bwp are capable of that.
    maybe the money would be better spent elsewhere.
  • Options
    He's a decent player. with regular football he'll get 15-20 goals a season. But both Yann and bwp are capable of that.
    maybe the money would be better spent elsewhere.
    As we step up a league it will be good to have decent options in the squad - don't know if Baldock is that option - but don't feel we should rest on just BWP and Yann
  • Options
    Is Baldock the new Messiah then? He certainly sounds like it to me!
  • Options
    Baldock is better than Hayes, Smith, Haynes and our youth players, and probably better than BWP so of course he would be good to have, but I only want him if we can actually afford him, and still be able to strengthen cm and cb
  • Options
    God help him if he does sign he will need to score 30 goals a season to live up to his god like status
  • Options

God help him if he does sign he will need to score 30 goals a season to live up to his god like status

My point exactly Mike.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Is Baldock the new Messiah then? He certainly sounds like it to me!

He's not the Messiah , he's a very naughty boy !
  • Options
    Whats he done then Beds?
  • Options
    Baldock would be a great addition to our team because he can score goals. Whether he will be our 15-20 goal a season man remains to be seen purely because he is a striker that needs service. Bringing him in would certainly take pressure off of BWP. I don't personally see Yan as our main goal threat this year, but a very important part of the team nonetheless due to his sheer work rate and determination. But we need out and out goalscorers as well. Baldock could well fit that bill. Having him, Yan and BWP in the team can only be good for us. Should it happen that is
  • Options
    Think baldock would make decoy runs to open things up for others to shoot at goal also
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From my brother who was at a party at the weekend with an ex Charlton player who has a role at the club. Not a wind up. As mentioned on another thread, we know the family.

Not much that we don't know but in a nutshell.

'Need to move on a couple of players first, Baldock is a possible but he wasn't letting too much out, however he did say that the owners were trying to free up money somehow'!
  • Options
    Well folks, all the deadlines given by our 'in the knowers' have now passed............................................yet again!!
  • Options
    remind me what they were? :)
  • Options
    I would like for us to bring in Baldock. I like his style and we need another striker. I take some comfort that although he is toast at West Ham he hasn't actually gone anywhere yet so I guess there is still a small possibility that he will sign for us. Having said that I doubt the rumours yesterday were very accurate. I live in hope.
  • Options
    all hinges on whether he runs out of patience with us
  • Options

Not today then Large ?

• Options

F*** me Large....speaking for myself, I did that long ago!

• Options
    Any idea when at the earliest Large?
  • Options
    Always thought we were interested and he knew it, but thought the price was too high. I thought we were trying to be clever and get him to refuse all other moves and then come here on the cheap. Other clubs do it so why not us..... then I thought not very likely
  • Options
    Baldock is playing for a west ham XI against Northampton tonight.