Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam Baldock

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:

haynes is all pace but nowhere near as accomplished a finisher or player as BWP imo

Towards the end of the season he was playing like a target man. he had pace strength and even scored a couple of nice goals I actually think this could be a very good signing.

If he can read when Kermorgant is going to win a header or a flick-on he could be a real threat.

If BWP had a decent football brain he'd have scored over 30 goals last year - he just doesn't read the game well enough.

Don't get me wrong I really rate BWP but sometimes he is very frustrating to watch

I disagree with that I think he reads the game well and always gets in the right positions he just needs to work on his one on ones and his finishing and that's why he can be frustrating to watch.
  • Options
    Haynes is better in a 4-3-3 formation.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

haynes is all pace but nowhere near as accomplished a finisher or player as BWP imo

Towards the end of the season he was playing like a target man. he had pace strength and even scored a couple of nice goals I actually think this could be a very good signing.

If he can read when Kermorgant is going to win a header or a flick-on he could be a real threat.

If BWP had a decent football brain he'd have scored over 30 goals last year - he just doesn't read the game well enough.

Don't get me wrong I really rate BWP but sometimes he is very frustrating to watch

I disagree that BWP doesnt read the game well enough, I think he reads kerms flicks very well hence why he had so many chances last season. He needs to work on his finishing.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

I disagree with that I think he reads the game well and always gets in the right positions he just needs to work on his one on ones and his finishing and that's why he can be frustrating to watch.
    You either never saw many games or you weren't watching. He rarely got any of Kermorgant's flick ons.
  • Options
    Not convinced Haynes will play more than 5-6 games at a time. He seems to be made of glass. Certainly has suspect hamstrings.
  • Options
    You can only direct at BWP that his body language can look dis interested and at times lazy

I ain't saying he is either but he can look it

Every team needs a 20 goals a season Striker we have one and I am well happy with that

You have to remember that last season was his first without a significant injury set back so there was a period where I believe he tired

His goal at Carlisle was his best imo totally poached after a big miss earlier showed so much about BWP

• Options

Not convinced Haynes will play more than 5-6 games at a time. He seems to be made of glass. Certainly has suspect hamstrings.

Talking of that. He pulled up against southend yesterday too.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

The one thing BWP didn't read very well were Kerms flick ons. Knowing he was going to win 95% of them, he was always miles away from them instead of running on to them. I know they don't all come off, but am sure 1 or 2 would have better read. Still luv ya though BWP, just be a bit closer to Kerms, he has the tecnique to stick you through for more practice on your 1 on 1s :-)
  • Options
    BWP footballing brain is fine, you dont get that many goals if you can't read the game, unless your super fast or can score from 25 yards all the time, to many people confuse his body language for laziness, it is just his way and that is why sadly people love Yann so much more then him(not me, they are equal) as it is easier to see the positives with Yann because of his style of play.
  • Options

You either never saw many games or you weren't watching. He rarely got any of Kermorgant's flick ons.

I went to nearly every game last season and confirm BWP got on to alot of Kerms flick ons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Swisdom said:

The one thing BWP didn't read very well were Kerms flick ons. Knowing he was going to win 95% of them, he was always miles away from them instead of running on to them. I know they don't all come off, but am sure 1 or 2 would have better read. Still luv ya though BWP, just be a bit closer to Kerms, he has the tecnique to stick you through for more practice on your 1 on 1s :-)
    if i had one main criticism of BWP it would be him beeing flat footed when Kerm wins most of his headers
  • Options
    Has BWP morphed into Sam Baldock?
  • Options
    Not in the slightest concerned about BWP. Yann and he will score goals in The Championship. We do need another striker in though. Haynes won't stay fit for a season and will best be used as an impact sub.
  • Options
    brad got unlucky last season people say he needs to practice his one on ones but some of the saves some keepers pulled off against him last season were amazing
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I do wonder what we expect sometimes. We apparently needed a twenty goals plus striker last season. BWP was that man. I don't think that he has ever been the predatory striker that some think he should be. When he played for Saints, he was often played wide.

Personally I think we still have the "twenty goal plus" striker in our head. I'd rather we played football which involved us passing the ball and ends up with us scoring more than our opponents each game. I would rather four players got five each than one got twenty. Yann was brilliant for us but some still argue that he didn't score enough.

I think, for what its worth, that Haynes will be a key player for us next season. I don't expect him to get more than 12 goals. He will be a handful though if handled properly.

As for BWP, I'd rather we had him in our team than he played for our opponents.

Baldock - yes if we can get him, will be an excellent signing. I wonder why he hasn't been snapped up yet by other, more financially fulsome clubs than us? Could it be that the price West Ham are after just doesn't represent value for money?
  • Options

Baldock - yes if we can get him, will be an excellent signing. I wonder why he hasn't been snapped up yet by other, more financially fulsome clubs than us? Could it be that the price West Ham are after just doesn't represent value for money?

could it be that he has already agreed to join a Club, a Club that at the moment is struggling to raise the necessary for the initial payment and is to this end trying to get a couple of players called Hayes & Clarke off their books for fees, so helping towards said payment, and also to free up their wages to pay aforementioned Mr Baldock's wages. In short deal agreed, terms agreed, money needed urgently.
  • Options
    Yes LA, that could be the case.
  • Options

Yes LA, that could be the case.

When's the TV money divied up ?

• Options
    well, I'm led to believe that is the case.
  • Options
    so why were we rejecting approaches for those players?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

because maybe we were holding out for more money from elsewhere? Also, how do we know offers were actually made?

• Options

because maybe we were holding out for more money from elsewhere? Also, how do we know offers were actually made?

With the amount of people ITK on here it must be true that we've turned down offers.
  • Options
    Better phone round and get people to buy tickets and items in the club shop as we are skint.
  • Options

Better phone round and get people to buy tickets and items in the club shop as we are skint.

By all accounts there are plenty of Gnomes looking for a good home.

• Options
    Bristol City havent even made a bid for Sam Baldock according their Derek McInnes today a BCFC weekly press junket.
  • Options
    I wish some bugger would sign him, then we can end this speculation !
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Swisdom said:

I disagree that BWP doesnt read the game well enough, I think he reads kerms flicks very well hence why he had so many chances last season. He needs to work on his finishing.
    only 2 players scored more goals in league one last season. I dont think its finishing that is his problem
  • Options

I do wonder what we expect sometimes. We apparently needed a twenty goals plus striker last season. BWP was that man. I don't think that he has ever been the predatory striker that some think he should be. When he played for Saints, he was often played wide.

Personally I think we still have the "twenty goal plus" striker in our head. I'd rather we played football which involved us passing the ball and ends up with us scoring more than our opponents each game. I would rather four players got five each than one got twenty. Yann was brilliant for us but some still argue that he didn't score enough.

I think, for what its worth, that Haynes will be a key player for us next season. I don't expect him to get more than 12 goals. He will be a handful though if handled properly.

Needed a 20 goals a season striker - and I agree he is that man. But if he read the flick-ons he could easily have been a 30 or maybe even more. The flat footed thing is part of the problem. I have never thought him lazy but flat footed (which for me was Benson's problem) is very annoying and unforgivable

• Options
    He stopped scoring because we started hoofing it up to yann constantly.
  • Options

Needed a 20 goals a season striker - and I agree he is that man. But if he read the flick-ons he could easily have been a 30 or maybe even more. The flat footed thing is part of the problem. I have never thought him lazy but flat footed (which for me was Benson's problem) is very annoying and unforgivable

</blockquote

What is wrong with people! Flat footed - unforgivable???? If he didn't score his goals we'd be in L1. Nothing is ever good enough for some people.