Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam Baldock

Comments

• Options
    So does anyone know how the medical went today?.................................
  • Options
    I'm sure Large does..
  • Options
    I thought the medical was yesterday at 4 and he was signing today. Lol.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Baldock is playing for a west ham XI against Northampton tonight.

So he's gonna sign for Northampton then, well who'd have thought it.......the crafty sod!
  • Options
    Is Solly in the West Ham XI?
  • Options

So he's gonna sign for Northampton then, well who'd have thought it.......the crafty sod!
    ???
  • Options

???
    Whoooooosh!
  • Options

cant be signing for bristol city at 11am tomorrow then
  • Options

???
    Whoooooosh!

I dunno about whoosh! It just didn't make sense.
  • Options
    Sorry Wrighty.......that was the general idea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scored for West Ham tonight.
  • Options
    Sorry Wrighty.......that was the general idea.
    No probs!
  • Options

Scored for West Ham tonight.

I make that he has scored 5 or 6 goals in 3 or 4 different games

BWP scored once in about 3 games.............

• Options
    Hayes and Clarke played for CAFC XI tonight. Doesn't mean they are staying. Plus we know there has been interest from other clubs.
  • Options
    Got a feeling Hayes will stay. Leaving will mean a pay cut and he is on decent wedge.
  • Options

Hayes and Clarke played for CAFC XI tonight. Doesn't mean they are staying. Plus we know there has been interest from other clubs.

they're making it hard for anyone to be intrested.

• Options

Got a feeling Hayes will stay. Leaving will mean a pay cut and he is on decent wedge.

I believe that's known as 'doing a Baldock'.
  • Options
    Difference is baldock is what 22. There's 6 or 7 years between them. Doubt baldock wants to be playing with the kids at his age where hayes has another 2 years on his contract on good money. Wouldn't blame him for sitting on his contract considering he has a family to look after
  • Options
    Any updates on this?

I really hope we can sign him, he'd be perfect for us. He's at the perfect age and is that fast striker we need to play off Kermorgant. A lot of people are saying that BWP shouldn't be replaced, and I agree with that, but Baldock and BWP could compete for a place. I'm not sure what's wrong with that, whoever is in form and scoring goals, plays. We don't have any strikers REALLY pushing Kermorgant or BWP for a place.

He did well for West Ham last season, but to get much gametime as a small striker in an Allardyce team is close to impossible! I really think this is the perfect move for him too, he is potentially a Premiership quality striker. He won't achieve that sitting in West Ham's reserves though.
  • Options
    IMO Danny Haynes will seriously push BWP this season, especially if Bradley performs as he did in the second half of last season. It was likely watching Emile Heskey. In the end I was not getting out of my seat on one on ones as I did not expct him to score.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2012
    haynes is all pace but nowhere near as accomplished a finisher or player as BWP imo
  • Options
    We will only go for Baldock if we sell Clarke and Hayes. There were scouts at Tonbridge on Tuesday taking a look at them both but neither played very well. I got this information from Damian Matthews who was also at the game.
  • Options

IMO Danny Haynes will seriously push BWP this season, especially if Bradley performs as he did in the second half of last season. It was likely watching Emile Heskey. In the end I was not getting out of my seat on one on ones as I did not expct him to score.

Find it hard to understand this train of thought, he's never been prolific in his career, he's been at 3 championship clubs prior to us & didn't set the world alight at any of them .............which was the reason we managed to grab him for 50k.
    He has pace to spare but little end product. I'd love to be proved wrong as it seems we have no money to spend & desperately need our players to step up to the plate this season, but why do you think that Haynes will deliver when he so far hasn't in his career. Personally I think he's a league one player.
  • Options

We will only go for Baldock if we sell Clarke and Hayes. There were scouts at Tonbridge on Tuesday taking a look at them both but neither played very well. I got this information from Damian Matthews who was also at the game.

Dammit who tipped them off?!
  • Options
    Only scouts there were local cub scouts who got free tickets
  • Options
    Who cares, he hasn't exactly got an amazing track record...
  • Options
    We won't be getting
    Baldcock. I wish we could but unless we find some wedge he won't be coming here.
  • Options
    I think it will properly end up as a 6 months or season long loan with a view to perm move for baldock
  • Options
    edited August 2012

haynes is all pace but nowhere near as accomplished a finisher or player as BWP imo

Towards the end of the season he was playing like a target man. he had pace strength and even scored a couple of nice goals I actually think this could be a very good signing.

If he can read when Kermorgant is going to win a header or a flick-on he could be a real threat.

If BWP had a decent football brain he'd have scored over 30 goals last year - he just doesn't read the game well enough.

Don't get me wrong I really rate BWP but sometimes he is very frustrating to watch

• Options
    Against Gillingham he looked very handy. I like Haynes a lot me