Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dreamland Margate

Comments

• Options
    Seeing a video posted on another thread reminded me to update. Tickets go on sale on Friday at 8am :-)

• Options
    So do we know how much the tickets will be??
  • Options
    Hasn't been revealed yet but the first 500 through the door on Friday morning will get a souvenir piece of the scenic railway.
  • Options
    hopefully the old scenic railway......
  • Options

Hasn't been revealed yet but the first 500 through the door on Friday morning will get a souvenir piece of the scenic railway.

it's been revealed now ;)
  • Options
    Turn it into a UKIP theme park.
  • Options
    Advance tickets are £14.95 for adults and £12.95 for kids, opening day is the 19th June.
  • Options
    Mate has posted pictures of massive queues on facebook. John Challis is there too, must be another jolly boys outing planned...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Massive queues and it opens on 19th June. They'll starve to death i tell you :smile:
  • Options
    I saw a TV clip about it tonight and the wooden roller coaster is only half built. I can't see how it will be finished by June.
    I have great childhood memories of the place.
  • Options
    The scenic railway is almost finished all the structure is done and now it's just painting, tracks and the station to do.
  • Options
    Julie,remember the galleon tavern in 76.next to dreamland,still luv ya babe
  • Options
    4 weeks until opening
  • Options
    I've got tickets for the opening night so it better be ready!!
  • Options

I've got tickets for the opening night so it better be ready!!

me too, woooooooooooooooooo......................
  • Options
    Anyone else going tonight?
  • Options
    I've heard that the first Margate blues & Rock festival will be held on Sat 19/9/15 with Wilko Johnson and The Pretty Things topping the bill.
    We are away at Blackburn that day.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Me. 6 of us going. Really looking forward to it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it correct that they are openning without the main attraction?
  • Options
    yeah scenic railway not got health and safety approval.
  • Options

Carter said:

Me. 6 of us going. Really looking forward to it!
    Yeah me too, only me and a mate going. Chas and Dave hardcore elements
  • Options
    Enjoy everyone!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Is it just not ready in time or is there a serious issue with it?
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

The track is done but there is still restoration work to be done on the trains.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

The track is done but there is still restoration work to be done on the trains.
    Cheers, Will be going later in the year.
  • Options
    I loved Dreamland as I was growing up and I seem to remember that it was free to enter, but you only paid for the rides you wanted to go on. From what I can see from the website, you have to pay to enter now. Although I would like to walk around Dreamland, I'm a bit of a coward when it comes to some of the rides, so it wouldn't be worth paying to go in.

I think they're missing a trick, as if it were free to enter, people may well spend money on food and drink even if they don't want to go on the rides.

My favourite rides were the River Caves and the Water Chute though I don't think either is there now.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I remember vividly as a 7yr old in 1976 using Dreamland to escape from the intense heat. There was this ride where you stuck to a cylinder and the floor dropped away. Went on it countless times. Wish I lived nearer to see how many of the rides survive.

Edit: Think that ride was the "Wall of Death" - wonder if anyone else remembers it?