Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

dale stephens villa bid

Comments

• Options

I have decided that Sky have got this wrong. Not a single Birmingham local rag has a mention of a move for Stephens whilst moves for a Genk striker, a Chesterfield forward and a Boro LB are everywhere. Reckon this was a massive red herring.

Good work, Large. We can get very blinkered. we should always look for ways to check the authenticity of rumours, and you've done something smart there. May still be right, but lets see

The fact that a family member tweeted about it, hastily deleted the tweets and then denied sending them, or knowing anything about a move suggests there is more to this than pure Sky speculation.

Or family member saw the rumours, tweeted and then talked to dale who said there was nothing in the rumour?
    Most probably answer for it. It would have to take a pretty stupid and inconsiderate family member to start posting those sorts of things on Twitter without it being a reaction to something that's already written publicly.
  • Options
    I know Richard Cawley isnt to everyone's liking but he's usually spot on about transfers and he also gave details about the deal ... Too much smoke for me
  • Options

If their was a link on skysports about my brother joining a prem club, I'd prob give my brother a call and ask before I started boasting about it on

Saying that, if it was true or not the last thing my brother would want me doing is putting it all over t'internet

But I know there is truth in the rumour. They just haven't offered us enough

Heard anything about players maybe coming in mate?
  • Options
    Rumours of a young Spanish midfielder.

By the name of Nada.
  • Options
    Nothing yet I'm afraid. I'll try and find something out today.
  • Options
    well that's interesting... if true we could sell Dale at a later date for more moolah should he perform well this season for us!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Everyone wants to be the one who breaks the story of a transfer ... why would a footballers brother be any different ?
  • Options
    can someone cut and paste that birmingham mail story, can't get on site at work. Ta.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    There you go, Large:

In what is proving to be a hectic week for Lambert, chairman Randy Lerner and chief executive Paul Faulkner, Aston Villa have expressed an interest in Charlton midfielder Dale Stephens.

Reports from London suggest that Villa put in a bid for the Addicks player but the offer was rejected.

Aston Villa admit they have spoken to the Championship club but insist they have greater priorities ahead of tomorrow’s 11pm deadline.

The 22-year-old could be a target they revisit in the future.

Read More http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2012/08/30/aston-villa-move-for-midfielder-could-be-put-on-backburner-97319-31727740/#ixzz251eRSjcG
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cheers Oggy.
  • Options

Everyone wants to be the one who breaks the story of a transfer ... why would a footballers brother be any different ?

I would have thought it would be different for a family member as they then risk the deal falling through by making it so public.

Very different from other situations where family members have been known to talk-up the players in the press in order to try and get them the move.
  • Options
    Clem
    I didn't want to trash the source you quoted. Just think it's good to get a broad view of all sources and weigh it all up. The most perplexing example is Solly to West Ham. I got two entirely conflicting infos as of 8th August, both of which you'd describe as impeccable.
  • Options
    'The 22-year-old could be a target they revisit in the future'

Yep next year at the valley

• Options
    edited August 2012

He didn't really "break" the story - a Sky Sports journalist tweeted about it and then people got wind that Dale's cousin was on Twitter and started asking him about it. He didn't really confirm or deny it, he just said things like "wait and see". He is only a young lad and to me it looked like he just wanted to appear in the know and milk the attention without really having any info. After people started saying he had confirmed it, he quickly backtracked and even stated he was actually on holiday at the time so it's anybody's guess what he really knew at that time
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I would have thought it would be different for a family member as they then risk the deal falling through by making it so public.

Very different from other situations where family members have been known to talk-up the players in the press in order to try and get them the move.
    I'd suggest its just naivety then
  • Options

He didn't really "break" the story - a Sky Sports journalist tweeted about it and then people got wind that Dale's cousin was on Twitter and started asking him about it. He didn't really confirm or deny it, he just said things like "wait and see". He is only a young lad and to me it looked like he just wanted to appear in the know and milk the attention without really having any info. After people started saying he had confirmed it, he quickly backtracked and even stated he was actually on holiday at the time so it's anybody's guess what he really knew at that time
    says it all ....
  • Options
    I think Villa definitely have greater priorities ahead of the deadline. I'm not sure Lambert realised how big a job he was taking on.
  • Options
    Can we have a transfer deadline day prediction thread?

How many Charlton first teamers who played v Hull will be left on Saturday morning? (0-11)

Without wishing to tempt fate, my prediction is that we will have ALL players in place due to their loyalty to SCP- if Solly was leaving SCP would have known by now and would have lined up a high quality replacement.

Also very grateful no-one seems interested in Wiggins, BWP, Jacko or Yan.

• Options
    10 will be left ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    9 10
  • Options
  • Options
    1. BWP - no one wants him as its just been confirmed he need a knee replacement. gonna be out for at least 3 years due to the wait on the NHS.

the others will be

Hamer - £600k to Palace
    Wiggins - £1m to Swansea
    Morrison - £500k to Massives
    Cort - Retired
    Pritchard - Free to Dartford
    Stephens - £1.2m to Villa
    Solly - Part Exc with Julian Dicks to West Ham
    Jackson - £700k to Millwall
    Yann - €17.8m to PSG
    Hollands - Retired to concentrate on his Baby making business

FACT!!!!!
  • Options
    Where's that Despondent thread?!
  • Options

1. BWP - no one wants him as its just been confirmed he need a knee replacement. gonna be out for at least 3 years due to the wait on the NHS.

the others will be

Hamer - £600k to Palace
    Wiggins - £1m to Swansea
    Morrison - £500k to Massives
    Cort - Retired
    Pritchard - Free to Dartford
    Stephens - £1.2m to Villa
    Solly - Part Exc with Julian Dicks to West Ham
    Jackson - £700k to Millwall
    Yann - €17.8m to PSG
    Hollands - Retired to concentrate on his Baby making business

FACT!!!!!

was just sick in my mouth, dont forget the clarke captain gem either
  • Options
    10 left(Stephens gone)
  • Options
    Dale funnily enough actually lives above my office in Bromley - just rocked up in blacked out landrover discovery 5 mins a go

I might check the Car Park in the morning see if the Motor's still there
  • Options
    Bubble said:

Dale funnily enough actually lives above my office in Bromley - just rocked up in blacked out landrover discovery 5 mins a go

I might check the Car Park in the morning see if the Motor's still there

we could always kidnap him till saturday morning?