Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

dale stephens villa bid

Comments

• Options

I didn't realise he was a "schemer".

That's got to add at least £1 million to the price

Add on 'plotter' and 'intriguer' .... make him worth a straight £!0,000,000
  • Options
    I think £2 mill plus for Dale is a great price especially is was widely spread about that Villa's first bid was 600K - 1 Mill.

The key factor is that we get most of the money upfront and not in stupid add ons like the JJS deal.
  • Options
    Sad to see him go for less than the Boro defender
  • Options
    Hollands is the best passer in our team. Accurate short passes and outrageously accurate long cross-field passes are his MO. One of his passes against Hull was sensational. He spots a pass well and he rarely loses us possession. Dale tends to need more time on the ball, hence why he's sitting deeper and deeper and he is also a very good passer. Not a great tackler and doesn't impose himself enough so Hollands often has to do a lot of the mule work. If Hammond comes in to provide legs in the midfield then we'll see more of Danny going forward. I think the freedom granted to Hollands when Hughes played is sometimes overstated but I'm sure Hollands will benefit from playing with Hammond. Might make us a little flat across the middle but time will tell
  • Options
    Defender was a u21 England player dale ain't
  • Options
    Bennett has played in the champ for a few seasons now though. Stephens has said only a few games. Similar ages so hopefully price won't be much behind.
  • Options

I didn't realise he was a "schemer".

That's got to add at least £1 million to the price

Add on 'plotter' and 'intriguer' .... make him worth a straight £!0,000,000
    This lads beginning to sound a bit sneaky. I fear mutinous plots against Saint Chris threatening team morale. Lets offload him for £10 million to a desparate premiership club sharpish.

• Options
    If he wants to leave ... But doesn't then at least we've got our new boo boy sorted for the season :o)
  • Options
    Originally I said anything in excess of £600k would be decent. I stand by that.

He has potential but has a lot to learn. In order to remain competitive in the Championship we need players ready for the now - Dean Hammond fits that description for me
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

He has potential but has a lot to learn. In order to remain competitive in the Championship we need players ready for the now - Dean Hammond fits that description for me

Agreed but I think Stephens would get better throughout the season and has potential being only 22. If it was a straight choice I would go Stephens. But with a couple of million profit then I would go Hammond.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we get Hammond that would be good, boyd as well even better. If we keep Solly and Stephens as well we'll be in dream land
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Well we've been more than competitive so far with Stephens in the team...
  • Options

You've got to question his loyalty though...
  • Options

You've got to question his loyalty though...

loyalty ... footballers ?!?!
  • Options

Schemers are the worst type of footballers...

He's pushed his luck too far this time. SCP has no choice but to take the £19 million and invest in the women's team..
  • Options
    'Sfunny, I have no negative views on Dale Stephens at all. Good footballer, does well when playing for us, and that treat of a Rochdale equaliser was nice.
  • Options

That's just half of the story. This fella knows how to work the press to his advantage and has the same agent as McOxo which tells us all we need to know..
  • Options
    We all see things differently

I think Dale gets caught in possession too much and gives the ball away cheaply but there is a player in there

Take the money, cover our backs with a good sell on and get 2 CM in an bank the rest for January
  • Options
    2m is a good price but only if we can use some of it to beef up the midfield. I think centre midfield will be Pritchard's position but is he ready now - we may find out sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    2 Million is a good price for a player that only 30 odd League One games ago cost 350k. A good player yes but very much replaceable. So long as we do replace him that is, in Sir Chris I trust.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still hasn't gone....
  • Options
    LUNCHTIME CAR WATCH - Car Gone
  • Options
    Bubble said:

Driven to Sparrows Lane to get coach to Forest, will drop him off at Villa Park !!

• Options
    Bubble said:

Off down to Greggs or bringing back a take out from Nandos? Could be a clue in where he's shopping so keep 'em peeled!
  • Options
    He ain't traveled. Bye Dale
  • Options
    maybe it's dale jennings villa have been for - you know how skysports gets them two mixed up.
  • Options
    Stebo said:

maybe it's dale jennings villa have been for - you know how skysports gets them two mixed up.

Or Waggy
  • Options
    From the BBC Website:

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is doing a good impression of pretending he never wanted Clint Dempsey in the first place. Lambert insists he has faith in hungry and young players from lower divisions to revive the club's fortunes. Lambert said: "It is my decision. Football decisions are mine and I will take responsibility on everything. I know from experience if you don't have the hunger as a footballer, then there is no point in playing the game. With people from the lower leagues, you are giving people opportunities. I have total confidence in them to go and do the business. You trust them to go and do it and they are hungry to do it.
  • Options

He ain't traveled. Bye Dale

is that a fact?

• Options
    Sounds like he's copying Powell