Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

dale stephens villa bid

1212223242527»

Comments

• Options
    think we're okay upfront but definitely lacking in quality in CM and CB
  • Options
    We have more players than we did at the start we have fuller to look forward to

Solly is still here I am well happy we got through with that squad from last season in tact

Hamer is on fire so far so one position some were worried about is sorted and we seem to have picked up a quality 2nd choice according to my spurs mates

We are playing wise in a good position it looks like we can't be in the shit financially

Very good transfer window to me
  • Options
    Don't disagree, I've been saying for the last few months I had hoped we would sign 3/4 first team players.
  • Options
    Mike said:

think we're okay upfront but definitely lacking in quality in CM and CB

Let's not forget how well Taylor did last year and Cort has good championship pedigree. I am unsure about Dervite but if he can stay fit then he sounds like a good enough 3rd/4th choice. We could do with a midfielder on loan next week or Reo-Coker. Ship Clarke out and get DNG in and then we have a decent enough squad.
  • Options
    All we need really is NRC (ha as if!!!) and a centre back on loan to cover the loss of Taylor and Mambo
  • Options
    Let's not forget we gained 101 points in League 1. This is already a mid-table Championship squad. I guess a few of us were hoping for one or two signings to push us into the top six bracket but if it means we remain somewhat financially stable - you can't complain.
  • Options
    We have Dervite to cover cb though. If another one gets injured then we can sign someone but 3 cb's is ok at the moment.
  • Options
    I disagree with all this positivity. If viewed in context to end of last season we all thought the team needed strengthening if we were to maintain the momentum. The financial issues have scuppered this and we now have to rely on last years team to take us forward. Ok for mid table but 3 quality signings would have made us possible play off candidates.

Sorry to be a gloom merchant and I will be at Forest tomorrow cheering the lads on. Reality is 6 signings all squad fillers and no automatic first choices.
  • Options
    Mid table championship would be a huge succes

Anyone who thought we would do a Norwich or sthampton after the news the money man had moved off is silly talk

To me the info that came out was to a point right but potentially exaggerated not by those saying it but by those informing

If we finish top sth London club I will be extatic
  • Options
    F me, NLA, show me someone with low expectations and I will show you someone whose expectations will be fulfilled. How much do you want to bet, at evens, that we won't be top sth London club?

When you look at our squad in this division we should be right up there. But I agree with Mr Builder on one thing - I will be there cheering the lads on too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The thing is at one point towards the end of last season I thought we had a financially sound back ground to potentially allow us to push for play offs

Then it became clear that the main money man had either gone or decided to tighten the purse

From then on in I worried that we may not be on plus points for the first ten games

We will be top sth London team we have a potential star in fuller and we have the team that just didn't give up or know when they were beat

We also have a great manager who is learning his trade

My expectations are not low they are realistic IMO
  • Options
    We have a squad and set-up to get a comfortable mid-table finish and at the same time live within are means, im very pleased and look forward to this season.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Let's not forget we gained 101 points in League 1. This is already a mid-table Championship squad. I guess a few of us were hoping for one or two signings to push us into the top six bracket but if it means we remain somewhat financially stable - you can't complain.

Exactly.
  • Options
    Our first team is good enough to compete with anyone in this league, plus we've got options from the bench. Lets hope that if we do suffer a spate of injuries there is enough room in the budget to get some loans in.

I feel a bit disappointed as we've not really added anyone to the first team during the window, but the squad is stronger than the one we had at the end of last season and there were points in the last six weeks where I didn't think that was going to be the case

We may not have progressed as much as we would have hoped but progress has been made and we've not gone backwards
  • Options
    Really don't get why people are being so gloomy, even without any big new signings we have a better squad, and particularly team, than the one Pardew tried to lead straight back to the Premiership 5 years ago.

That is a good thing and represents real progress on the situation 18 months ago.

I don't know at what time Charlton fans became so ungrateful, but we sound more and more like the moaning sense of entitlement Spurs fans we used to mock when we were in the Premiership.

A few people need to think a bit about where we've come from before they start moaning about not going where they wanted.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    eug72 said:

Hopefully not he is shit!!!!

muppet
  • Options
    And if people are looking at mid table- how much of a jump is mid table to the play offs? - a bit of luck here and there in games and with injuries. Personally, I think we can do better than that potentially - the team is bedding in to a new league and had what was agreed was an extremely tough start which continues today. If the linesman last week did the job he was paid to do, we would also have a couple of points more, and we don't know what their limit is.
  • Options
    J Block I was joking