Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

dale stephens villa bid

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Could still happen. I guess he's surplus at St. Mary's now so if we are interested we could get him on loan with a view to a deal in January ?
  • Options
    But Solly isn't going. I think Stephens has started the season well and nobody on here - me included- knows how good he can become. Maybe now we wil find out - The management clearly rate him and I'll take their judgement over any of ours every time!
  • Options
    Don't think Stephens will be peed off. Maybe disappointed for a couple of days and I don't expect him to play tomorrow but by the time he's back in training next week, I would hope that he'd realise that hanging around as part of this tight knit squad isn't so bad after all.
  • Options
    If he is the sort of player who would throw his toys out of the pram over this, then i doubt Chrissy would of signed him last summer.
  • Options
    I don't believe the comments about putting to bed were skint issue because we rejected bids

I believe our value was too high and we were hoping villa were going to stump up the cash with the clock ticking. Now they've moved on and dont look like coming back, Stephens is probably half way up the motorway peed off he didn't get his move

My own personal opinion of course
  • Options
    Guys come on

If he thinks we made the move impossible he will be pissed nailed on

He would've been looking at a pay rise a bigger house biggest league in the world

He won't be happy
  • Options

But Solly isn't going. I think Stephens has started the season well and nobody on here - me included- knows how good he can become. Maybe now we wil find out - The management clearly rate him and I'll take their judgement over any of ours every time!

i agree, i like Stephens think he was looking good last year until he got injured and has started this season well. He clearly has potential to be very good. Trust the management and coaching staff
  • Options

Don't think Stephens will be peed off. Maybe disappointed for a couple of days and I don't expect him to play tomorrow but by the time he's back in training next week, I would hope that he'd realise that hanging around as part of this tight knit squad isn't so bad after all.

How do we know he wanted to go?.He should be flattered a premiership side were interested in him and i reckon could now go on with real belief and have a great season for us
  • Options
    It seems that Dale is going nowhere,Villa can't agree a transfer fee with Charlton.They have had a bid for Ashley Westwood accepted,the Crewe central midfielder.So after a lot of kerfufle it seems that there will be none in and none out.

Read more: http://intothevalley.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=12000#ixzz258iNPSBG
  • Options

How do we know he wanted to go?.He should be flattered a premiership side were interested in him and i reckon could now go on with real belief and have a great season for us

Was reported earlier today that dale had indicated he wanted to go
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope he stays. Has the potential to be superb IMHO; if that's with us, then great.
  • Options

It seems that Dale is going nowhere,Villa can't agree a transfer fee with Charlton.They have had a bid for Ashley Westwood accepted,the Crewe central midfielder.So after a lot of kerfufle it seems that there will be none in and none out.
    Read more: http://intothevalley.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=12000#ixzz258iNPSBG

Good happy with that
  • Options

Guys come on

He would've been looking at a pay rise a bigger house biggest league in the world

He won't be happy

Well he needs to get his feet back on the ground asap and shouldnt have signed a contract with us in the first place. His job is to get us to the top flight not use us as a stepping stone to get a better range rover.

• Options

Guys come on

He won't be happy

This. Would have been better for us that he'd gone in my opinion.

• Options
    We ain't getting Hammond. He's been training with Saints today and Adkins said in his press conference earlier that he doesn't expect any exits.
  • Options
    Valued too highly or somebody being too greedy to recoup their investment?
  • Options
    Are people really telling us how Dale is going to be feeling? Jesus Christ..
  • Options

Guys come on

He won't be happy

This. Would have been better for us that he'd gone in my opinion.

He'll have to get over it and if he can't Chris will have to loan him out.
  • Options

Guys come on

He won't be happy

Well he needs to get his feet back on the ground asap and shouldnt have signed a contract with us in the first place. His job is to get us to the top flight not use us as a stepping stone to get a better range rover.

SCP earns his money now first time we have had this issue so I really hope the powelly we all know and love works his magic

• Options

We ain't getting Hammond. He's been training with Saints today and Adkins said in his press conference earlier that he doesn't expect any exits.

Im now hoping we get him on loan with a view to a deal in a later transfer period.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I don't believe the comments about putting to bed were skint issue because we rejected bids

I believe our value was too high and we were hoping villa were going to stump up the cash with the clock ticking. Now they've moved on and dont look like coming back, Stephens is probably half way up the motorway peed off he didn't get his move

My own personal opinion of course

Possible, but you don't or shouldn't overvalue (get greedy) when you are desperate for cash. If indeed you are right, then we obviously have people at the helm who don't have a clue. Also if skint, would we agree to the Ricardo Fuller deal. Must be on pretty decent wageswages?

• Options

Was reported earlier today that dale had indicated he wanted to go
    Fair enough, hadn't heard that
  • Options

Guys come on

He won't be happy

SCP earns his money now first time we have had this issue so I really hope the powelly we all know and love works his magic

Can't really blame the guy. He's still young and is obviously going to be distracted by a Premiership club showing an interest in him. I hold no grudges and will happy welcome him back to the fold tomorrow.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Valued too highly or somebody being too greedy to recoup their investment?

^^^^^
  • Options
    /////////
  • Options
    I very much doubt he was looking to leave prior to Villa showing an interest. CP seems to be doing a very good job of keeping the whole squad happy, even the ones who are barely getting a look in.

Many of the players have been quoted as saying that CP is a great man manager, I have every faith that Dale will be back in the side and in the right frame of mind by the time we play Palace, if not tomorrow.
  • Options
    I would be very surprised if Stephens wasn't a little disappointed, a move to a premier league and big wages would float most young players boats. BUT that doesn't mean he is suddenly going to throw all the toys out of the pram and become a malingering camaraderie-murdering, team-spirit-ruining jackass. It could equally be it motivates him to work on his notable weaknesses to be promoted with us or get more prem clubs interested (and the price up.) Win-Win in that case surely?

• Options

This.

All footballers want to play in the top division, so no doubt he was interested, but that's not to say he's isn't happy here. He seems like a professional lad, so I doubt there'll be any fallout over this. and like AddickedAthletic said, this might give him a confidence boost and we'll see him really shine.
  • Options

Valued to high by cafc I would say

The amounts of money mentioned were far to high with a player of dales limitations

Anything of a million quid was top end holding out for more was greedy and high risk

If true, the high price asked for Stephens might indicate that we are not so skint as we all (lots of us anyway) fear/ed
    That and we also rejected a bid for Clarke who we are paying wages to.
  • Options
    LAST CAR CHECK OF THE DAY - .....................................................................................................

Still there