Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

dale stephens villa bid

Comments

• Options
    If villa really rate him and want him then they would pay whatever it takes...if they've put a ceiling on what they are prepared to pay then that says there is a limit on how much they rate him at this moment in time and may be they need a few more months of watching how good he is to convince them he's worth every penny he will cost, and he will only get better...of course, in a few more months somebody else might have the same idea...
  • Options
    Don't believe we turned down anything like 1.4m for Stephens.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Hmm, surprised we turned down a swap deal for Darren Bent, guess Powell thinks we have enough strikers.

Edit: Already done, nvm.
  • Options

But just think what we could have done with that 5 million from Villa! Madness.

PS. Glad you're staying, Dale... if you are.

hahahahaha
  • Options

5.4 mil apparently
  • Options

5.4 mil apparently
    Portugese Escudos ?
  • Options

5.4 mil apparently

And 3 players
  • Options
    The sparrows lane tea lady's doing her nut, she could of bought a lot a tea bags with villas 5.6m
  • Options
    She was the sticking point didnt want to move north
  • Options
    At the start of the week when all these rumours started I would've loved to have kept the squad together with our rumoured money troubles.

Maybe we have a budget and we're sticking to it, no desperation to sell and I think we'll add a few loanees in the next few months which isn't a bad thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He isn't worth £5.8m, we should have taken it.
  • Options
    I'm hearing £7.8m from my source? That's three Francis Jeffers!
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure it was 6.5 including the add-ons.
  • Options
    6.2 million would have been handy......

But in all seriousness, if we are turning down substantial bids for our players so we can keep a great team together, then that makes me very happy indeed.

I want to see Dale Stephens turn into the class player I think he will become....in a Charlton shirt! And if a certain diminutive right back is still with us at midnight tonight I will be ecstatic.

• Options

He isn't worth £5.8m, we should have taken it.

He's so keen to stay that Dale has agreed to forego his next six months salary
  • Options
    Of course I don't want to see dale go but if its true that villa were offering to throw in one of those beer dispensing machines for the upper west (north side) catering outlet then the club may have been a bit hasty if they rejected £6.2 million...
  • Options

Still can't believe we paid £2.6m for Jeffers!
  • Options
    Can't believe we turned down a Darren Bent - Dale Stephens straight swap deal from Villa
  • Options

5.4 mil apparently
    Bet they wish they kept Heskey, chuck him in and im sure it would have sealed the deal
  • Options
    Heskey, Bent AND £10 mil MIGHT have sealed it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dont get me started again....grr
  • Options
    I heard it was Bent, Agbonlahor plus £5.7M
  • Options
    Randy Learning must have pulled the plug on subbing the Villa.
    Must be quite upsetting for their fans to see them shopping like this.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Valued too highly or somebody being too greedy to recoup their investment?

Sorry, but what does this mean? It reads as if you're having a pop at the board for being greedy! Apologies if I've read it wrong but it's a rather weird comment to make.
  • Options

Randy Learning must have pulled the plug on subbing the Villa.
    Must be quite upsetting for their fans to see them shopping like this.

Americans, no matter how rich just will NOT keep pumping money into what is essentially a hobby, without getting some return on their money. Lerner gave the Ulster conman (a k a Martin O'Neill) £100 million, for no decent result. Lambert is there on a long term mission. Lerner will be patient but will want to see results.
  • Options

*Jeffi
  • Options
    So Stevo has not left us yet then?
  • Options

WSS said:

Valued too highly or somebody being too greedy to recoup their investment?

Sorry, but what does this mean? It reads as if you're having a pop at the board for being greedy! Apologies if I've read it wrong but it's a rather weird comment to make.
    Just a question, not a comment. I don't think the entire board are greedy at all.
  • Options
    we're considering a £10 million bid from Zuboriv Pstaroika
  • Options
    Villa announcing signing soon.................