Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

dale stephens villa bid

Comments

• Options
    Bubble said:

LAST CAR CHECK OF THE DAY - .....................................................................................................

Still there

He doesn't need a car alarm with you around.
  • Options
    Our board are skint and not signing any players, then we signe players.
    Our board are skint and about to have a fire sale, none of our prized assets are sold.
    Our board are too greedy to accept reasonable bids.

Disgusting. Sad.
  • Options
    Does his missus drive?
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Bubble said:

LAST CAR CHECK OF THE DAY - .....................................................................................................

Still there

He doesn't need a car alarm with you around.
    I know, pretty disappointed he didnt go, I could have been in for a pay rise myself, especially in Birmingham
  • Options
    WSS said:

Valued too highly or somebody being too greedy to recoup their investment?

Or still wanted by our manager and with no financial imperitive to sell he was made available only for a premium price?

Why the desperation to make this into a bad news story?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    Where did the bit about dale saying he wants to go come from or is it just speculation
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Where did the bit about dale saying he wants to go come from or is it just speculation

Reported on Sky Sports News.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

smiffyboy said:

Speculation then!
  • Options
    Thankyou
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think somebody greedy to recoup their investment would have bitten Villa's hand off if their offer was even in the ballpark iof that reported.

• Options
    edited August 2012

WSS said:

Or still wanted by our manager and with no financial imperitive to sell he was made available only for a premium price?

This
  • Options
    Cannot believe we rejected 1.5m for Dale Stephens.

Footballs gone mad.
  • Options
    James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey
    #AVFC aborted interest in #CAFC Dale Stephens this am as Charlton were asking too much. Now Crewe's midfielder Ashley Westwood coming
  • Options

WSS said:

This

Exactly!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I can't believe the rejected bid was 2.6m, we could've recouped 100% of the fee we paid for Jeffers all those years ago.
  • Options
    But we dont know what the bid was yet and we never will

I just hope SCP can bring the fella back round
  • Options
    Mike said:

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey
    #AVFC aborted interest in #CAFC Dale Stephens this am as Charlton were asking too much. Now Crewe's midfielder Ashley Westwood coming

We'll probably never know, but I suspect Villa tried to get him on the cheap. We obviously had our valuation and stuck to it. Well done to the board. Be interesting if a fee is announced for Westwood. Might give us some idea of what was offered for Dale, as presumably Westwood was the cheaper option.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    3m turned down by our board shows intent to hold this strong squad together , we're in it for the long run so hold tight
  • Options

3m turned down by our board shows intent to hold this trong squad together , we're in it for the long run so hold tight

Indeed, especially considering insiders said we needed lots of money just to keep the squad together. Since then we've reportedly rejected bids for Clarke, Stephens and Solly and signed Fuller.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I bet Oldham have TJ voodoo dolls they are currently stabbing like hell.
  • Options

3m turned down by our board shows intent to hold this strong squad together , we're in it for the long run so hold tight

1.5, 1.8, 2, 2.5, 3 million .. any advance on 3 million ? .. by 23.00 we will have turned down 25,000,000 for superstar Dale Stephens.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

smiffyboy said:

Must be true then.
  • Options
    After donkey's years of selling our players at knockdown prices (with some notable exceptions like Scotty and Baby Bent) - it's good to see the Board having the balls to hold out for what they felt was an appropriate price. And not caving in when Villa made what sounds like a take it or leave it offer.

Very happy if Dale stays with us. Of course he will have wanted to go to a Prem club given the chance, but I'm sure he will be a good professional and continue learning and improving with us.

I will be giving him an extra loud cheer if/when his name is announced next time he plays for us a the Valley.

• Options

Cannot believe we rejected 1.5m for Dale Stephens.

Footballs gone mad.

He's worth more than that
  • Options
    I heard we wanted Darren Bent back as a makeweight in the deal but he was worried he would not get an automatic first-team place.

• Options

1.5, 1.8, 2, 2.5, 3 million .. any advance on 3 million ? .. by 23.00 we will have turned down 25,000,000 for superstar Dale Stephens.
    Think he meant £3m bidded for Solly AND Dale ;-)
  • Options

Think he meant £3m bidded for Solly AND Dale ;-)
    ahhhh !!
  • Options
    What are the board thinking??? 4.2 million bid rejected from Villa. Makes no sense...
  • Options
    But just think what we could have done with that 5 million from Villa! Madness.

PS. Glad you're staying, Dale... if you are.