Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

dale stephens villa bid

Comments

• Options
    Ut oh some one better tie solly to his seat

• Options
    Please say that we will still get Hammond. He is what we have been missing.

CMs - Hollands, Hammond, Stephens, Pritchard

RMs - Green, Wagstaff

LMs - Jacko, Cook

Utility - Kerkar
  • Options
    Very good looking midfield that. I think that we either need 9 midfielders with Waggy/Cook as 5th choice striker or 8 midfielders with a new 5th choice striker. Hammond or DNG to replace Clarke would be decent. I wouldn't mind Stephens leaving still though, and then bring in another midfielder.
  • Options
    Another rumour spreading in various threads that Stephens has not travelled with the team to Forest??? tweet to JJ or Hamer they will tell us all? lol
  • Options
    It's not a rumour bradders
  • Options
    Much as I like Stephens, I think anything around £2m would be a really good price for him.

Unless Powell's confident that he can get a suitable replacement in time though then I'd much rather we didn't sell.
  • Options
    Villa have now had a bid for Ashly Westwood from Crewe accepted CM around the same age must have been their 2nd choice.
  • Options

Villa have now had a bid for Ashly Westwood from Crewe accepted CM around the same age must have been their 2nd choice.

Interesting ... Lambert loves a lower league bargain
  • Options
    good player I hear. Swansea were linked with him to replace Allen. Means that Stephens is probably certain to stay now. Unless Wenger conjures up a late raid for Cabaye, and Newcastle step in for Dale.
  • Options
    Sounds like that's that then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going to have one pissed of cm on our hands

Your gonna wish you sold him
  • Options
    I wonder what happened ? Was looking a dead cert for a while.
  • Options

Going to have one pissed of cm on our hands

Your gonna wish you sold him

I would guess SCP will not be playing him tomorrow in any event.

• Options
    Expect he will be disapointed rather than too miffed - up to him to play well now and persuade a premiership club he is worth making more than a half hearted effort for. Or of course help us get to the Premiership and play there that way!
  • Options
    Valued to high by cafc I would say

The amounts of money mentioned were far to high with a player of dales limitations

Anything of a million quid was top end holding out for more was greedy and high risk
  • Options
    If he stays it puts to bed the rumour that we are skint. If that were the case surely we'd have accepted a bid of £1.5-£2M
  • Options

The amounts of money mentioned were far to high with a player of dales limitations

Anything of a million quid was top end holding out for more was greedy and high risk

How do you know Villa didn't drop their interest?
  • Options

If true, the high price asked for Stephens might indicate that we are not so skint as we all (lots of us anyway) fear/ed
  • Options
    Melrose said:

If he stays it puts to bed the rumour that we are skint. If that were the case surely we'd have accepted a bid of £1.5-£2M

indeed.
  • Options
    I agree Melrose. I don't think we would have rejected 2mil+ if we were desperately skint. Especially seeing as Hammond could be available for a lot less.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any chance we will still get Hammond with Stephens staying, as i was excited with him potentially signing.
  • Options

Heres hoping! :-)
  • Options

I agree Melrose. I don't think we would have rejected 2mil+ if we were desperately skint. Especially seeing as Hammond could be available for a lot less.

I read this after my last post .. we agree
  • Options

Expect he will be disapointed rather than too miffed - up to him to play well now and persuade a premiership club he is worth making more than a half hearted effort for. Or of course help us get to the Premiership and play there that way!

Better chance of playing Prem football next year by staying with us than going to Villa. They look a team about to go into freefall.
  • Options
    Talksport just did an update on Villa and Dale wasn't mentioned.
  • Options
    Am I the only one gutted that's he staying? If true

Never want to lose good players but this could set us up for the season and maybe not without losing Chris Solly
  • Options
    Great days entertainment though. At various times during the day our midfield consisted of Hollands, Jacko, Pritchard and Quinn. Then Hollands, Jacko, Pritchard and Reo-Coker, Then the afore trio and Boyd, then Hammond. Will be interesting to see if we actually do get anyone in!
  • Options

Interesting ... Lambert loves a lower league bargain
    1238:
    DONE DEAL
    It looks like Jordan Bowery has finally finished his signature on the Aston Villa contract. The 21-year-old striker has completed his move from Chesterfield to Villa on a three-year contract for a fee of about £500,000.

I think he is planning for Championship football already
  • Options

Am I the only one gutted that's he staying? If true

Never want to lose good players but this could set us up for the season and maybe not without losing Chris Solly

nope you're not alone.

Looks like it will be no ins and no outs today which isn't good in my book.
  • Options
    We don't know the amount offered though do we remember Quinn went for 300k

I don't believe the 2.5 million thing

I reckon we wanted about a mil and a half and we never got it