Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

dale stephens villa bid

Comments

• Options
    It will be the signing of Crewe captain Ashley Williams.
  • Options
    I doubt the reported 11th hour bid in the region of £10.5m cash plus add-ons would even have TJ looking up from his Shades of Grey, let alone be received without a small titter. Titter ye not, i say, they're taking the pith!
  • Options
    I love transfer threads, nobody actually knows anything that's really going but are happy to read others witterings that they have read/heard elsewhere.

That's despite the fact that they know its 99.9% bollocks anyway.
  • Options

It is. Few...
  • Options
    BensonFC said:

It is. Few...
    4 year deal.
  • Options
    SSN Breaking news....

D.Stephens - Hibs to Barnet
  • Options
    I'm still not sure if Dale has made his way up to forest but if he has i wonder if he will still be part of the 11 considering his been training building up to game
  • Options
    Hopefully not he is shit!!!!
  • Options
    fee for the crewe bloke apparently 2million. Maybe we did turn down 2.5 for dale
  • Options
    Yes, if I were a Villa fan staring down the barrel of relegation I would be over the moon about signing the captain of a League Two side.

Randy Lerner has obviously pulled the plug on any major transfers and relegation beckons like a warm bath.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well pleased that it looks like Stephens is staying.
    Needs to step up now and prove what all the fuss was about.
  • Options
    eug72 said:

Hopefully not he is shit!!!!

Get a grip.
  • Options
    It was a joke. You get a sense of humour.
  • Options
    DS must be gutted though seeing the kid from Crewe get his gig
  • Options

DS must be gutted though seeing the kid from Crewe get his gig

Hope CP can get his head right again.

• Options
    We had better get at least £6m when we do flog him. What's the betting he leaves us on a free?

By the way Ihave been in the pub all night. Have we sold anyone?
  • Options

We had better get at least £6m when we do flog him. What's the betting he leaves us on a free?

By the way Ihave been in the pub all night. Have we sold anyone?

Nope
  • Options
    Ian Dowie on Sky Sports as an "expert" on the transfer window, what a joke.......
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Ian Dowie on Sky Sports as an "expert" on the transfer window, what a joke.......

Someone please push him through it!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    eug72 said:

It was a joke. You get a sense of humour.

Fair enough. Smileys do help, though.
  • Options
    SCP will make sure dale is ok and get him back on track

I agree that seeing Crewe gain 2 million for their captain

Throws up questions of how much we may have had waved at us and what sort of deal was on the cards from villa for Dale

Hopefully the information about dale asking to leave was incorrect and that he doesn't get a mysterious injury or need to have too long to get himself back on track

Otherwise we will be in a worse place strength wise without him being available to play

I thought anything over a mill would have been a bargain as I don't think he is as good as some do on here

But he is ours and we have a small squad and we need all fighting together to stay in this league
  • Options
    So the squad still looks piss thin, what a waste of a summer and momentum of promotion.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

So the squad still looks piss thin, what a waste of a summer and momentum of promotion.

Still got the loan market...
  • Options

Rothko said:

And Reo-Coker............
  • Options

Rothko said:

And Reo-Coker............
    Heskey
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Maybe we just didn't have the money to strengthen?

• Options
    Rothko said:

I take it you mean quality rather than numbers? Powell wanted 2 players for every position and we have that (and more in a few positions).
  • Options
    some of them ain't great though schoham lets be honest when you compare with others in the league
  • Options
    but you know, Leon Clarke is still here.

It's a quality problem for me, and we're short at CB, CM and upfront