Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    I hope this is true and comes to be ... We desperately need a quality midfielder .. as everybody knows
  • Options
    I wonder how much he will be on?
    Great news if he can get back to his early career form...........otherwise?
    Still shows a positive reaction to Palace problems.
  • Options
    Sounds good to me !

Just wish his name wasn't Nigel....ouch !
  • Options
    Would be perfect - just what we need - why hasnt he been snapped up by someone else?
  • Options
    Would love him. He can play the holding role very well and would allow Stephens to get further forward. Please by true.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Would be perfect - just what we need - why hasnt he been snapped up by someone else?

He's a little bit .. errrrrrr ... ummmmm ... got a reputation as an arrogant trouble maker who is too self regarding and overrates his own abilities .. nothing wrong with being confident I say .. But Powell will sort him out
  • Options
    What is generally known as 'up-his-own-arris' then ?
  • Options
    Yes please, would add abit of quality to that midfield which we need. Don't worry about his attitude Powell will make sure he's got a good one!
  • Options
    I bet his wages would be high to. Then again I thought Fuller would be the same and we still got him.
  • Options

Isn't the player he was. Bolton released him.
    His wages based on experience and age would put many off.
    I wonder what his injury record is.

Yep, Nigel is an unfortunate name, think we should call him Reo if he signs.

Just noticed source is Daily Mail, not the most reliable source.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What is generally known as 'up-his-own-arris' then ?

that's the colloquial version (:->)
  • Options
    Did Powell Play with him At west ham? If yes then he will know all about him!
  • Options

He's a little bit .. errrrrrr ... ummmmm ... got a reputation as an arrogant trouble maker who is too self regarding and overrates his own abilities .. nothing wrong with being confident I say .. But Powell will sort him out
    This!
  • Options
    Bolton released him? I thought he didnt renew as he wanted prem football? Would boss this league
  • Options
    "Championship Strugglers" ...little bit harsh after 5 games!
  • Options
    They didn't release him, he activated his release clause didn't he?
  • Options

Isn't the player he was. Bolton released him.
    His wages based on experience and age would put many off.
    I wonder what his injury record is.

Yep, Nigel is an unfortunate name, think we should call him Reo if he signs.

Just noticed source is Daily Mail, not the most reliable source.
    I may be wrong but I thought he activated the relegation clause in his contract
  • Options
    only 28, thought he was older than that
  • Options
    Still only 28 eh? Thought he was older than that. At his best, he is the sorth of player we could do with, doubt he'll be coming cheap but it'll pprobably be less money than he'd set his sights on when he left Bolton.
  • Options
    I still like that peculiar advert from when WHam got promoted under Pardew. He was sat on the bar like a london umpalumpa. Very bizarre, for that reason he's an in for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Would love him. He can play the holding role very well and would allow Stephens to get further forward. Please by true.

thought the same except it would allow Hollands to get further forward. Hollands prospered when Hughes was sat alongside him last season. Maybe Stephens would likewise but that is CP's problem. Reo Coker activated his Bolton release clause because he wanted to play in the PL. He has turned down moves to Spain and Turkey. He will be on big money and will expect to play. This is the move I expected when Stephens went to Villa.

Signing Fuller and Reo Coker does muddy the waters regarding financial problems. Are there any or, worse still, will this adversely affect our finances and make matters worse.

• Options
    Hollands isn't creative enough to play a forward role, what we lack in midfield is creativity,

an andy reid type player would be perfect, if only there was players like him available... Minus the fat obviously
  • Options

thought the same except it would allow Hollands to get further forward. Hollands prospered when Hughes was sat alongside him last season. Maybe Stephens would likewise but that is CP's problem. Reo Coker activated his Bolton release clause because he wanted to play in the PL. He has turned down moves to Spain and Turkey. He will be on big money and will expect to play. This is the move I expected when Stephens went to Villa.

Signing Fuller and Reo Coker does muddy the waters regarding financial problems. Are there any or, worse still, will this adversely affect our finances and make matters worse.
    I know less than nothing about out true financial plight and the Machiavelian dealings supposedly going on in 'the boardroom' .. but logic decrees that there must be cash availabe to finance these deals (If in fact Reo-Coker signs on) .. the remaining money men must know that relegation would bring about a complete financial meltdown
  • Options
    Play Reo-Coker holding alongside Hollands, with Green, Kermorgant and Jackson infront of them, and BWP further forward. 4231 works well for many teams throughout europe now, and I believe we have the players to do it as well, as Kerkar, Fuller, Wagstaff, Cook, Haynes, Stephens and Pritchard would all fit into this formation
  • Options
    Could it be that SCP has gone to the board to say, either we get people in or i walk.
    If he walks, then that effectively opens the whole bag of worms.
  • Options
    ^^^^ if he walks we will be '' technically speaking" ..... fucjed
  • Options
    Would be a good signing imo!
  • Options
    ^ Definitely.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Play Reo-Coker holding alongside Hollands, with Green, Kermorgant and Jackson infront of them, and BWP further forward. 4231 works well for many teams throughout europe now, and I believe we have the players to do it as well, as Kerkar, Fuller, Wagstaff, Cook, Haynes, Stephens and Pritchard would all fit into this formation

I agree it could work for us but Fuller would likely need to be the 1 and we'd need pace on the flanks. Green might be okay but Cook or Haynes should replace Jackson or possibly both replacing Green and Jackson.

It's a formation that would probably better suit Stephens too - Reo-Cocker is the water carrier while Stephens is the deep lying playmaker - like an unemployed man's Gattuso & Pirlo.

• Options
    I heard that he was due down the training ground this week. So I reckon this is true. Just hope he signs. An excellent free transfer if it happens.