Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reo-Coker to sign?

Comments

• Options

@RichCawleySLP: Nigel Reo-Coker training with #cafc but told there is no chance of a permanent deal.”

he's on the ball again that bloke - you have to hand it to him. Next he'll be telling us that the Tintanic's in trouble ...........

• Options
    Well the news there is no prospect of a permanent deal, if correct, is actually new information.
  • Options
    Even if we could get him for the rest of the season. We need some decent depth in midfield.
  • Options
    Deal until January where he can put himself in the shop window and do us a favour until then ?
  • Options
    Maybe he might train, get along well with the lads, want to work for Powell, get on board with the aim etc from being around the squad and want to be part of it officially and therefore lower his wage demands to what we can offer.

Not gonna happen is it :(
  • Options
    i was referring to the fact that Rich "in the know" Cawley is about 24 hrs behind everyone else.............even I was give the "nod" to this news - and I'm hardly one of the famous five !!!
  • Options
    "told there is no chance of a permanent deal.”

from our perspective or his?
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Was told last week he was due at the training ground and had it confirmed that he was there yesterday along with a couple of others.

You tease!!!! Who are the others, do tell.

@RichCawleySLP: Nigel Reo-Coker training with #cafc but told there is no chance of a permanent deal.”

Thats a shame, could he just play really well for us for a couple of games so a 'bigger' team could be impressed?
  • Options
    Heard it was AFKA's Iberian cousin and some big cissy.

No thanks
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP

Just to add top Reo-Coker, told he has options abroad as well as domestically. #cafc just helping him out with fitness.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No thanks

Big Crissy Iwelumo?
  • Options

No thanks

I heard it was a rapper from Pittsburgh and a Latino enano
  • Options
    Argelico Fucks has been spotted coming out of the Well Hall Coop......
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

One minute everyone is convinced we're on the edge of financial meltdown, next they can't wait to welcome a bloke who will almost certainly be on very big bucks.

I'd be happy if we signed him, but not at the expense of the clubs long term future.

Good point, but If we don't do something to the midfield pronto our short term future will be rather grim

The long term future of the club is far, far more important to me
    How old is Reo-Coker? This is just the sort of signings We need to make every so often, I can't see it breaking the bank and maybe he'll be another Di Canio.

Speculate to accumulate. (Without doing a "Leeds")

IF it happens, it would be a great signing! imo....
    I guess some football fans will never learn.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

BIG_ROB said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

One minute everyone is convinced we're on the edge of financial meltdown, next they can't wait to welcome a bloke who will almost certainly be on very big bucks.

I'd be happy if we signed him, but not at the expense of the clubs long term future.

Good point, but If we don't do something to the midfield pronto our short term future will be rather grim

How old is Reo-Coker? This is just the sort of signings We need to make every so often, I can't see it breaking the bank and maybe he'll be another Di Canio.

You're assuming he's wage demands would be massive, I'm saying that if it all adds up and he did agree to sign, it would be a good move. I don't think players of his stamp are out of Our league, that's all.
  • Options
    NRC is at the training ground and i agree with Crawley no permanent deal would be on the cards however a season or longish term deal i believe would or could be

I would find it very hard to understand why we would have him here only to get his fitness right so he can move on
  • Options
    i'm guessing Powell and NRC were together at West Ham for a couple of seasons
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Is he a chicken?
  • Options

NRC is at the training ground and i agree with Crawley no permanent deal would be on the cards however a season or longish term deal i believe would or could be

I would find it very hard to understand why we would have him here only to get his fitness right so he can move on

It's an opportrunity for CP to sell him the Charlton vision...One Aim
  • Options
    Probably sees it as good experience to have an ex-prem mid training with our L2-L1 experienced midfield. Bit of a boost I'd imagine
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

BIG_ROB said:

Is he a chicken?
    Well, he is a cock
  • Options
    This has been instigated by SCP from what i understand and i dont think its a fitness thing is what i was trying to say
  • Options
    CP always keeps his cards close to his chest anyway...remember Fuller.
  • Options
    He could sign on a non-contract basis and bugger off when the Transfer Window opens again in January
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

se9addick said:

BIG_ROB said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

You're assuming he's wage demands would be massive, I'm saying that if it all adds up and he did agree to sign, it would be a good move. I don't think players of his stamp are out of Our league, that's all.
    Obviously if he is willing to play for a basic wage of about 25% of what he was on last season with a bonus linked to success then all is well. I highly doubt he is though. I'm a bit cautious but looks like it isn't happening anyway.
  • Options

He should be paying us for this service
  • Options
    if he trains, gets to see the facilities and gets a feel of the place then he may want to stay.

nothing to lose really.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

He should be paying us for this service
    I wonder how this works from an insurance point of view.
  • Options
    Does he think he is to good for charlton or is it a financial thing stopping a deal being done?
  • Options

if he trains, gets to see the facilities and gets a feel of the place then he may want to stay.

nothing to lose really.

Everyone loves a freebie.