Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reo-Coker to sign?

Comments

• Options
    What a signing, would be a big coup
  • Options
    How many games has Reo played in midfield?
    I always remember him as a right back sometimes right midfield.
  • Options
    I'm worried about$ the dosh.
  • Options

Vast majority of his games played at centre mid
  • Options

nah, thats like saying jackson is a left back. He can play there but his position is centre mid
  • Options
    Didn't he walk out on Bolton as he didn't want to play championship football ??
  • Options
    Ledge said:

4 unpaid months can change a man! I have said similar when looking for a job, 'I only wanted to work for such and such, and would never work at..........' and 6 months later you are begging anyone to give you an interview!
  • Options
    Really don't see what all the fuss is about, don't think he's achieved anything in the premiership not been a stand out performer for me just a house hold name, unlike fuller and if he was really that special whys he still without a club. Also I think due to our lack of signings people are getting carried away by the thought of someone coming in
  • Options
    Not sure about this one. Always thought he was over rated at WHU and hasn't set the world alight since. Stephens has the attributes to be the creative midfielder but needs to play higher up the pitch. We already have Hollands, Hughes and possibly Jackson who could play the holding role. What is lacking in the team is width and pace. The midfield needs an outlet to pass to.
  • Options
    We do need a player like him and the board for all has been said will know that as well as anybody. I don't think Chrissy would need to do too much persuading.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ledge said:

Beggars can't be choosers...
  • Options
    Trouble maker? I thought he was a religious chap??
  • Options
    Aye because religious people have almost never been known to cause any trouble.
  • Options
    As long as his attitude is right and CP gets him sorted this would be a great move. He's one of those characters who I instinctively dislike for no rational reason but he would grow on me very quickly if he sorted out midfield out.
  • Options
    Midfield was clearly the weakest area of the team last season. Stephens and Hollands has never been convincing as a balanced partnership. We needed to improve central midfield, Reo-Coker will hopefully do that.

A playmaker or Champ quality winger would be nice but there can't be many options at the moment.

Any improvement to the midfield could make a real difference.
  • Options
    One minute everyone is convinced we're on the edge of financial meltdown, next they can't wait to welcome a bloke who will almost certainly be on very big bucks.

I'd be happy if we signed him, but not at the expense of the clubs long term future.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

One minute everyone is convinced we're on the edge of financial meltdown, next they can't wait to welcome a bloke who will almost certainly be on very big bucks.

I'd be happy if we signed him, but not at the expense of the clubs long term future.

Good point, but If we don't do something to the midfield pronto our short term future will be rather grim

• Options
    Valley11 said:

Trouble maker? I thought he was a religious chap??

So was Bin Laden.................. ;-)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Was told last week he was due at the training ground and had it confirmed that he was there yesterday along with a couple of others.
  • Options
    big boost if true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

Was told last week he was due at the training ground and had it confirmed that he was there yesterday along with a couple of others.

Go on........?
  • Options

se9addick said:

Good point, but If we don't do something to the midfield pronto our short term future will be rather grim

The long term future of the club is far, far more important to me
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Who are the couple of others?

• Options

Could it be that SCP has gone to the board to say, either we get people in or i walk.
    If he walks, then that effectively opens the whole bag of worms.

Are we back into making-stories-up season ?

• Options
    Alan shearer

Matt le tissier

I heard plannIng a comeback and see Powell as the ideal manager

Either that or the golf trip at la manga gave TJ an idea
  • Options
    Paolo Wanchope
    Tony Dorigo

• Options
    PL54 said:

Could it be that SCP has gone to the board to say, either we get people in or i walk.

It seems so. Not sure what is the point of it.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

It seems so. not sure what is the point of it. Fingers crossed we can get the deal for Reo-Coker finalised, he'll add some much needed competition to the centre of midfield.
  • Options
    would be a very good signing
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

PL54 said:

It seems so. Not sure what is the point of it.
    Just trying to imaine a possible scenario.