Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reo-Coker to sign?

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2012

NRC is at the training ground and i agree with Crawley no permanent deal would be on the cards however a season or longish term deal i believe would or could be

I would find it very hard to understand why we would have him here only to get his fitness right so he can move on

Old pals act, just like one of your mates misses kicks him out you offer him the spare room, powelly offers him the chance to train and get fit.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

NRC is at the training ground and i agree with Crawley no permanent deal would be on the cards however a season or longish term deal i believe would or could be

I would find it very hard to understand why we would have him here only to get his fitness right so he can move on

Old pals act, just like one of your mates misses kicks him out you offer him the spare room, powelly offers him the chance to train and get fit.
    I personally don't think that's the case smiffy. I'm sure he could train at a few places other than us.
  • Options

A season or longish term deal is a permanent deal!
  • Options
    not really as he is a free agent and we could have something in there that allows him to leave as and when
  • Options
    If he's had other offers from abroad then why isn't he training/ playing there now with them ?
  • Options
    Beckboy said:

If he's had other offers from abroad then why isn't he training/ playing there now with them ?

work permit? visa?

• Options

not really as he is a free agent and we could have something in there that allows him to leave as and when

Exactly
  • Options
    If speculation is to be believed he had interest from Italy. No need for a work permit as it's in the EU
  • Options
    Why would anyone in their right mind want to knock about in say Bologna instead of Woolwich.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Bologna doesnt have a nandos
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why would anyone in their right mind want to knock about in say Bologna instead of Woolwich.

Bologna doesnt have a nandos
    You're absolutely right. That would be a deal breaker.

• Options
    Nigel was born in Croydon, he'll probably join Palace.
  • Options

Nigel was born in Croydon, he'll probably join Palace.

Seen him in the West stand a few times over the years.
  • Options
    Beckboy said:

probably doesn't fancy Turkey

• Options
    Beggars can't be choosers. I'd be content if we had him until the end of December. Obviously would like him for the season.

If he helps us to get an extra 5/10 points, it could prove invaluable.
  • Options
    Is this the same Rich Cawley that said Fuller was starting last Friday?
  • Options
    Henry will know, Rich is his best mate.
  • Options
    Whatever Cawley was told NRC isn't just there to maintain fitness.

Whether we can reach an agreement is another thing.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Whatever Cawley was told NRC isn't just there to maintain fitness.

I agree. Considering he was last living near Bolton and I doubt would have moved without finding a new club first I'm sure he could have found a club to train with in the north-west if just wanted to stay fit. Or maybe he, Kewell, Heskey, Hargreaves, McFadden etc could train together ;-))

• Options
    Or maybe the North West isn't where he wants to be?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Plaaayer said:

Whatever Cawley was told NRC isn't just there to maintain fitne

I agree. Considering he was last living near Bolton and I doubt would have moved without finding a new club first I'm sure he could have found a club to train with in the north-west if just wanted to stay fit. Or maybe he, Kewell, Heskey, Hargreaves, McFadden etc could train together ;-))

He's got a flat in Wapping
  • Options

Plaaayer said:

Whatever Cawley was told NRC isn't just there to maintain fitne

He's got a flat in Wapping
    bugger, how's he gonna get to the training ground now?
  • Options
    He could call out the NRC.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

i'm guessing Powell and NRC were together at West Ham for a couple of seasons

See my earlier post. They both played under Pardew at WHU in 2004-5, when Reo-Coker was 19/20 years old and Powell was the senior pro.

Powell, being the stalwart man he is, always took an avuncular interest in the careers of young black players (indeed, in any young footballers) he played alongside and has remained, if not a mentor, at least in close touch ever since.

• Options
    If he doesn't sign through his own choice, I want him to pay for the use of our training facilities
  • Options

If he doesn't sign through his own choice, I want him to pay for the use of our training facilities

Don't forget the toilets, food and drink. He's probably getting his kit washed too. LOL
  • Options
    I could even see him signing a monthly contract .

Orient cannot afford to sign the ex QPR duo of Martin Rowlands and our ex loanee Lee Cook ,but have got them on short term deals with Rowlands only there on a monthly basis . The O's have now won two on the trot aided by these signings.

I suspect theat NRC would want to become match fit so may sign up on a monthly basis ,he could then move on if he wished .I'm sure he would want to be playing some form of competitive football sooner rather than later .

The SCP playing link can only help in this process and if he likes it here and we go on a run who knows .
  • Options
    Can't see why he would sign for us - if he did I'd question how committed he'd be.
  • Options

Can't see why he would sign for us - if he did I'd question how committed he'd be.

Exasperated sigh.

• Options
    edited September 2012