Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Places you've seen Charlton players away from the game

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
after the recent Darren Bent sightings, where have you seen Charlton players ?

Once had a beer with Colin Walsh in the Camden in Bexleyheath. Had a nice chat, then he panicked half way through and i had to get my work pass out to prove i wasn't a journo !

Comments

• Once saw Johnny Robinson, Graham Stuart and Stevie Brown with their wives in TGI's in Bluewater

Saw Danny Murphy in his Porsche at the lights at New Eltham / Avery Hill

Mark Feeeeeeeeeesh and Claus Jensen in the Cafe Rouge in Chislehurst
  • I spent an afternoon of serious drinking with Simon Webster once in Los Cristianos.
  • Matt Holland in Waitrose, Canary Wharf, about 3 or 4 times now..... Once, he was wearing trousers that were ripped at the front around the knee.... how the heck did he manage that?! ;-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]I spent an afternoon of serious drinking with Simon Webster once in Los Cristianos.[/quote]

Any anecdotes ?
  • No, just beer and Vodka.
  • Use to see Clive Mendonca quite a lot at Lingfield Races....

...and Johnny Robinson in Paradox nightclub in Brighton
  • I've been to the Italian Restaurant mentioned in Curb's book a good few times and seen, amongst others Paulo Di Canio, Dean Keily and Stephan Andersen. If you go at lunchtime Luigi will point out which one's are the WAG's.
  • Used to see Mike Salmon alot in Bexleyheath.

More recently saw Stephan Anderssen and Dennis Rommedahl at Valencia airport. I was gonna tell Romm what a shite game he had, but ended up having my picture taken with them (lost my bottle, a bit like Romm does when going in for a challenge).
  • HH at Heathrow Airport.
  • matt h at dubai airport.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2006
    I saw Dennis Rommedahl and his missus a couple of months ago in the cinema here In Eindhoven. He has still a house here, and when he has a couple of days off he returns to Eindhoven.
  • [cite]Posted By: DA_6[/cite]Used to see Mike Salmon alot in Bexleyheath.

More recently saw Stephan Anderssen and Dennis Rommedahl at Valencia airport. I was gonna tell Romm what a shite game he had, but ended up having my picture taken with them (lost my bottle, a bit like Romm does when going in for a challenge).

Has anyone ever had the bottle to tell a player that they were pony?
  • I once saw Steve Brown doing the dutiful husband bit by accompanying his missus as she browsed the women's section of Next in Bluewater. Naturally, he did appear less than impressed with being there.
  • Ive seen Paul Elliott (after he played for us) in the Ramblers Rest at Chislehurst a few times.

I also let Feesh out of Old Road in Chislehurst once a few years back when I was in a jam travelling towards the lights at Royal Parade.

Had a few drinks with Paddy Powell and Mike Flanagan at Margate FC a few years back. Paddy was assistant manager and got Flash in as a player. He was 40 odd but still had the class.
  • Garry Nelson lives a mile from me so often seen him in the local or on the train.

Saw Eddie Youds in a pub in Blackheath, slighly ahem, well oiled.
  • Had a quick kickabout with Pardew in a park in Wimbledon when I was at college. He was on his way back from Training (I think he was with Barnet at the time).
  • [quote]Has anyone ever had the bottle to tell a player that they were pony?[/quote]

I told John Robinson at a Supporters Club do in Hastings once.

I also had swallowed my pride the following year to go up to him to tell him how pleased I was he proved me wrong.

He took both comments will grace.
  • Saw Mark McCammon in Erith gym. For a big bloke he lifts weights like a girl.
  • I used to go jogging with Allan Simonsen when he moved opposite me in Elmstead Woods (bloody hell that was 25 years ago!) Lovely bloke, very friendly (after he realised I wasn't a stalker) and quite candid about set up at the time. It's not everyone that can say they've trained with a European Footballer of the Year.

I remember my Dad 'phoning me at work to ask me where this new wonder player we got had come from as a pantechnican from Barcelona was parked outside the house and he couldn't get his car out. Needless to say I rushed home with the utmost speed!
  • edited September 2006
    saw deano last night in tgi's bluewater.
  • Sponsored links:

• concerned so many players eat in TGI.

Possibly the most overrated, unhealthy tat you are ever likely to come across.
  • [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Once saw Johnny Robinson, Graham Stuart and Stevie Brown with their wives in TGI's in Bluewater

Saw Danny Murphy in his Porsche at the lights at New Eltham / Avery Hill

Mark Feeeeeeeeeesh and Claus Jensen in the Cafe Rouge in Chislehurst

Liar...Murphy has a BMW X5 ;)
  • Going back still further I often drunk with the first David Campbell at the cricket club I played for as he was good mates with some of my team-mates.

I played cricket against Les Berry round about the same time. He wasn't a bad bat.
  • This is good un! My Mrs was in BMW ruxley with her old man (he has a Mini). She saw Deano, was very excited (those of you that no her will agree this would of been quite funny) that he was there and promptly phoned me asking whether to get his autograph. I said yeah get it that would be great. A Deano signed piece mini headed paper was excellent.

Anyway, the next day i was off shift (used to do week on, week off) Me and Mrs 04 were walking around Bluewater, when suddenly who do we see, Yes Deano walking with his Mrs! Obviously (again for those who no my Mrs) she is loud and Ginger, when deano clocked her, you should of seen the look on his boat! He must of thought 'oh no, its that ginger physco from BMW yesterday. He gave me a smile and it was funny, although you may of had to be there to appreciate the comedy element!

Also I saw JJ in the same BMW. Skinny little runt he was, couldnt believe how impish he was. His upper arms were like mine lol
  • Seen Feesh in Ikea, Lakeside a few years back and Matt Svensson sitting outside the coffee shop at Sainsburys, Greenwich Peninsula, at about the same time. Does Steve Brown at the City Addicks meeting count?

A few people I know have seen Deano shopping with his missus at Bluewater at various times. He must have been round there all the time!
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Seen Feesh in Ikea, Lakeside a few years back and Matt Svensson sitting outside the coffee shop at Sainsburys, Greenwich Peninsula, at about the same time.

Blimey, you must be a big bloke!
  • kids love TGI's afka... its not for adults!!!
  • I've seen Scott Minto around in Bromley and in Biggin Hill, where he used to live and caught the bus once when was on it.

Bumped into Lennie Lawrence a few times on a train up to Victoria (when he was manager of Luton).

I had tickets to an Arsenal game once (non-CAFC) and had to go the ticket office or similar and found myself queuing up behind Steve Gritt, and had a brief chat with him.

I once cut up Terry Venables when he was England manager near Heathrow Airport, I took a wrong turning near the long term car park and had to do an illegal U turn to get back on the right road. As I was in mid-manouevre, he drove up, slowed to a halt, tutted, shook his head at my poor driving and then drove off.

I've played cricket with John Salako, but that was before he was even a Palace player, at that time he would have 13/14 and was playing for Westerham 1sts as an opening bat. This was North West Kent league, a step down from Kent League but I reckon he could have made it as a cricketer, a short while after he signed school boy terms with CP and they told him to quit the cricket and he did.
  • I saw Rufus and Newton at Heathrow one the day before they were due to fly up to Bradford. Got them to sign something like the back of an envelope and the two of them looked like they'd rather be doing anything else than standing there talking to me. Rufus had the same trainers on as me which is why, I keep telling myself, I've still got them.
  • Had a lock-in at The Hardy in Greenwich market with Andy Hunt a few times, as he was good mates with my mates who used to run it....his brother and best mate used to turn out for CIFC too... Sasha Illic in what is now Inc. Bar in Greenwich

Not Charlton, but seen Rio Ferdinand in Bella something up in Blackheath....giving Mrs CC the eye he was - I was going to have a word.