Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Places you've seen Charlton players away from the game

Comments

• Options
    Chris Dickson shouted "Come on Charlton!" when he saw my shorts at Catford Goals.

Saw Jose Semedo in Virgin Active Bickley.

Scott Minto did the presentation at Orpington Rovers presentation back in early 90s or so and I told him I was gutted he'd gone to Chelsea.

Used to work at same place as Colin Walsh and chatted with him regularly.  Top bloke and big Charlton fan.
    I worked at Virgin Active during my school days aroynd 2009-10 and I swear Semedo was there every other day! Minto was always hanging about too
  • Options
    Delivered a staircase to Stuart Balmer during house renovations. 

Saw Simon Webster crossing the road in Eltham High Street. 

Saw Todorov at Bluewater.

Saw Rohmmedahl(sp?) crossing the road in Chislehurst. We locked eyes. 

Mark Stuart in a pub in Beckenham. (Saw Kenny Samson there too, many times😢)

Said hello to Lennie Lawrence in a dry cleaners in New Eltham (grumpy)

My Dad said hello to John Bumstead in Sainsbury’s Eltham. 

My Mum said hello to Tom Lockyer in Morrison’s Sidcup. 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    moved into a rented house in Sidcup with my girlfriend at the time for about 18months and Peter Garland was my next door neighbour. Very friendly and did a wicked bbq
    Did you get to taste any?  ;)
  • Options

Jesus...Have I got this right....this post has been dead for 14 years until the explosion in the past 24 hours?!?!?

Well, ok..  Here are my meagre offerings.

Paul Curtis at my local tennis club in the early '80s (he was a friend of a slightly older friend) - I kept staring at him like an obsessed Take That fan

Eddie Youds in The Princess, Blackheath.  P*ssed as a fart.  circa 2007/2008?  

Martin Pringle, again at The Princess, but sitting outside, on the heath opposite.   Summer 2000?

There may be 1 or 2 more, but also maybe not.

• Options
    Addickted said:
    I used to go jogging with Allan Simonsen when he moved opposite me in Elmstead Woods (bloody hell that was 25 years ago!) Lovely bloke, very friendly (after he realised I wasn't a stalker) and quite candid about set up at the time. It's not everyone that can say they've trained with a European Footballer of the Year.

I remember my Dad 'phoning me at work to ask me where this new wonder player we got had come from as a pantechnican from Barcelona was parked outside the house and he couldn't get his car out. Needless to say I rushed home with the utmost speed!
    This is my favourite entry.  I am very jealous.

I was 13 when he joined.   A former European POTY, who only left Barcelona because Maradona had taken his place.   MARADONA!  

Pure class.   Despite playing only 16 games, he still turned up for the centenary celebrations.   

Fellow Dane TS is missing a trick if he doesn't invite him over soon.  

<3 
  • Options
    Charlie Wright and four others playing an exhibition 5-a-side match at a my school’s Summer Fayre. Charlie didn’t stay in goal long as he clearly fancied himself as a striker.
  • Options
    John Robinson in Orpington High Street think it was 1998 after we got promoted to the Premier League.

Radostin Kishishev in McDonald's North Greenwich next to the Odeon cinema one weekday evening back when he was still playing, assumed he was then going on to the cinema.

Naby Sarr and Ahmed Kashi shopping together in Morrison's Welling shortly before Kashi got his first serious injury. Also saw Naby a couple more times in Tesco Welling.
  • Options
    Got quite a haul of CAFC players at bluewater: Solly, Magennis, Andrew Croft, Naby and Kashi. All within the same year !
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Saw Mark Kinsella in Allders in Basildon many moons ago. Have seen Webbo on the train a few times too. Both absolute legends.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bob Peters walking through The Glades in Bromley.
  • Options
    Saw Nick Pope in a bar in Manchester about two years ago, had a good chat with him for about five minutes but one of his mates kept acting like a "bouncer" and pushing me away even though Nick was telling him to stop.

Also saw Ben Reeves at London Bridge with his missus 
  • Options
    David Whyte on Lee High Road. 

Dale Stephens in the Glades. 

Kiely and Lapslie in Sainsburys Chislehurst, chatted with George for a bit. 

Jamie Stuart in McDonalds Eltham. I was young and had my Charlton shirt on under my jumper, without saying anything just lifted it up to show him the shirt. He had a grin on his face which was good enough for me. 
  • Options
    Walking home from school around about 2003 me and my mates bumped into Paolo Di Canio in a corner shop near the fiveways not far from the training ground. Looked like a Hollywood star.

Also saw Jon Fortune in the same shop at another time. Without much to say, I told him really awkwardly I’d be cheering him on Saturday when we play Villa. As a result, school mates sent the whole “ooooh football friends” banter my way, long before the Inbetweeners was even a thing.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    'Our' Paul Elliott numerous times in Bromley, particularly the Bromley South Wetherspoons.

Dean Kiely in the Swan n Mitre, also in Bromley.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Scott Minto in the Glades, had a chat with him - nice guy
    Paul Sturgess in Bromley High Street
    Clive Mendonca in Bromley High Street (this was soon after the play off final & I congratulated him on his performance - he wasn’t very friendly)
    Carl Leaburn in the Glades
    Mickey Bennett in WH Smith Lewisham

The only time I had murderous intentions was when I walked past Kevin scum Muscat in Bromley Market Square & came very close to giving him abuse for what he did to Matt Holmes - but I didn’t have police Protection so decided against it. I still hate him.
  • Options
    Saw Lee Bowyer in the Pie and mash shop in Leytonstone at the end of his West Ham days. He must still go there now his back in London. 
  • Options
    Dennis Rommedahl in an Eltham bank.
    I waxed lyrical about his winner at Palace, he reacted as if he didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Boo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scott Minto on the train back from Cheltenham.
    We had a good chat and he remembered me from previous chats. Lovely bloke.
  • Options
    After watching an evening game in the late 70s a few of us went to the Guy Earl of Warwick in Welling for a beer and almost the entire team somehow beat us to it!
  • Options
    Paul Curtis at a Plumstead party.
    Paul Walsh unsuccessfully trying to gate crash the Plumstead party.
    Svensson & Pringle on the tube going to Arsenal.
    Fish & Jensen drinking in the Queens Head Chislehurst.
    Eddie Youds lives round the corner from me.
    Chris Powell in Sidcup.
    Paul Elliot in Bromley numerous times. 
    Billy Bonds in Bromley.
  • Options
    Seen Naby Sarr loads of times at Sutcliffe Park when walking my dog. Pretty sure he lived in one of the penthouses nearby.
  • Options
    Used to be manager of a farm shop in Sidcup,Claus Jensen bought a christmas tree one year(. Lovely man to chat to),Dean Keily bought a load of pots.Dick Tydeman used to play at the same squash club as me (many years ago).Me and the wife(girlfriend then)used to babysit for Sammy Lawrie.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    David Whyte on Lee High Road. 

Dale Stephens in the Glades. 

Kiely and Lapslie in Sainsburys Chislehurst, chatted with George for a bit. 

Jamie Stuart in McDonalds Eltham. I was young and had my Charlton shirt on under my jumper, without saying anything just lifted it up to show him the shirt. He had a grin on his face which was good enough for me. 
    Like earlier in this thread I've been reminded of two other sitings from other people's memories. 

I too saw Dale Stephens in Bromley. He was in Mothercare.

I saw David Whyte in Morley's on Brockley Rise. Right next door to Babur, one of the best curry houses in London, and I opted for Morleys. That's what 8 pints in Chandos does to you. Would have been circa 2001.
  • Options
    I can confirm that I have never seen Dean Kiely out and about.

I have also never seen Mark Reid or Jimmy Loveridge out and about.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I worked with George Hope's wife when I managed an office in York and with Tony Lange at Southern Rail a couple of years ago. 

I once saw Curbs outside a Curry House in Woodford Green. 
  • Options
    Alan Pardew sat directly behind me on a flight back from Barcelona shortly after he’d been sacked as West Brom manager