Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Places you've seen Charlton players away from the game

Comments

• Options
    Given i don't live particularly close to the Valley, but i've never met a single Charlton player or even seen one beside at a game! And i'm in the minority?!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    Friday night in the Selsdon Park Hotel the whole team were staying prior to playing Palace,i assume, the next day. Mr Pardew came out of the restaurant into the bar with 3 ladies and couple of non players and they all formed a convivial group in the corner of the room. Players went to one of the small function rooms  near reception and several card schools started .  Thought it strange that 'management' we're not with them giving a team talk. 
  • Options
    My son and I met Martin Pringle in the Dominoes Pizza in Welling; his wife and baby were waiting in the car and he took us outside to meet them. Some time later, my husband was at the Recycling centre in Thamesmead and saw Martin again. He stopped, had a chat and showed my husband the pins in his leg. A really friendly and genuinely nice guy.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I said hello to Lyle Taylor in passing as he was going into Sainsbury's Pepper Hill and I was leaving, he said "Thats it I'm fed up with constantly being hassled by twats everywhere I go, I'm bloody off to Nottingham!!!" ,.............no actually he said "Hi".
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Nick Pope, Jacko, Ben Hamer, Joe Pigott, Chris Perry, Grant Basey, Jordan Cousins, Alan Pardew and Chris Solly all at Bluewater on various occasions. Bob Bolder at Gibraltar airport. Nicky Ajose at Cannon St station a few times. Scott Minto at Leeds Castle.
  • Options
    Blimey, Scott Minto's missus must never see him - sounds like he's out and about non stop!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve seen a bunch of them on tv
  • Options
    Didnt someone see Darren Pratley in Costco buying cheese in bulk?
  • Options
    Scott Wagstaff on a plane in Southern Africa,  I think it was in South Africa.  I kept missing Fiiiiish and Shaun Bartlett in 3 years in SA
  • Options
    I was on holiday in the Costa del Sol in our Premiership days.
    I went in the restaurant for our evening meal when I noticed that the couple on the next table was Carl Tiler and his wife.

We were both staying in the hotel for two weeks so we became fairly friendly with Carl and his wife and spent a few evenings with them.
  • Options
    Dean Keily in Bluwater. 
  • Options
    Didnt someone see Darren Pratley in Costco buying cheese in bulk?
    From memory that story came from a Swansea fan who claimed to see him in a Makros filling a trolley with cheese, but he's denied it
  • Options
    I once saw someone on a train to Tunbridge Wells who was as tall as Dave Shipperley.
  • Options
    Reading this thread it might be easier to start a 'is there anyone who hasn't seen Dean Kiely out and about' thread.

Bumped into him at the dentists once.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Claus Jensen in Sainsburys Chislehurst, had the time and good grace to ask my 9yr son ( who had his CAFC tee shirt on)  did he play, what his position was etc. Nice lad.
  • Options
    Funny how a thread can suddenly re-emerge 14 years later.

I'm surprised that I didn't add that my Mum used to see Clive out and about a lot - like at the supermarket. She also used to take a detour past his house quite often, presumably to see if he was in his front garden. 

• Options
    Clause jensen in cafe rouge Chislehurst

herman in bluewater (thin as a stick)

i saw semedo running up old hill in Chislehurst in his training gear on a saturday morning once 😂 

pretty sure i saw steve jones in 5 arches in sidcup but cannot confirm nor deny
  • Options
    My next door neighbour told me some years ago, he was bowling at a leisure club here in Norfolk when he became aware of a young man watching him.
    At a suitable break the young man approached my neighbour and complimented him on his ability.
    My neighbour said he had been playing for many years and had represented Norfolk.
    A conversation struck up between the two the young man saying he was at the club to meet his mate and fish in the clubs lakes.
    After they parted, one of my neighbours fellow bowlers said.
    "Do you know who you have just been talking to"?
    "No"  said my neighbour.
    "That was Lee Bowyer who used to play for Charlton".
    This was before L.B. came back in the game but its my Neighbours claim to fame even though he's a Norwich City supporter.
  • Options
    Sort of unrelated but also saw john fortune outside the hawthorns at the food van eating saveloy and chips, after we left the game early against baggies... i thought that was strange. Must have been about 2008? 
  • Options
    alan curbishley with his wife early 2000's at alicante airport  - seen plenty around but that's probably the furthest from home
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Martin Pringle gave me an award at secondary school. Saw Herman Hreidarsson doing his Christmas shopping at Bluewater. Also saw Graham Stuart there, talking business on the phone. Jamie Stuart came to my primary school along with another player, who I really can't remember at the moment.
  • Options
    Reading this thread it might be easier to start a 'is there anyone who hasn't seen Dean Kiely out and about' thread.

Bumped into him at the dentists once.
    2.30? 
  • Options
    I've seen Ben Amos at Euston a few times, presumably heading to Manchester to see family
  • Options
    Jason Euell used to drive past my shop most mornings.

Leaburn used to live next road along from me in Mottingham so always see him about

Minto in Stars

Mutual friends with Jamie Stuart so always see him down the Royal Albert and Stars