Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Breaking Bad

Comments

• Options

How did the kid end up in hospital? I can't remember. I know he survived which makes Jessie's current mood more confusing

If my memory is correct Walt poisoned him using the plant Lily of the Valley.
    Good explanation here for those who cannot remember... http://www.forbes.com/sites/allenstjohn/2013/08/26/breaking-bad-511-recap-the-case-of-the-missing-backstory-or-wtf-did-jesse-realize-about-the-ricin-cigarette/

That the kid survived was irrelevant - Jessie realised that Walt put a child - a child that he loved and subsequently lost - in danger in order to get Jessie where he wanted him. The realisation was enough to send him over the edge.

It's a really nice balance - Walt desperately trying to cling on, while Jessie couldn't care less that he's lost his grip.
  • Options
    DA1 said:

Walt is just getting closer and closer to his end - the video accusing Hank tieing it up with the health money is genius. I want him to win. But Hank will get him. I reckon Jessie will get offed soon.

This episode was the first time that I've wanted Walt to meet a bad ending, whatever that may be.

In the catch-up reading I did, someone pointed out that the next episode's name is "Rabid Dog" and that they're usually put down... Ominous.

• Options
    I still hope that we will see the Chileans (Fring's people, we never properly found out about his past)

Something I felt could have been nicely developed if there was a 6th series.
  • Options
    Best thing I've ever seen on television.
  • Options
    Jimmy85

Thanks very much for the link. Very enlightening.

Although (like "The Killing 1") I don't think it isn't essential to understand every single nuance or twist to enjoy the genius of the series. It is enough to realise that Jesse realises he has been duped / manipulated again by Walt and assumes from this that Walt WAS involved in Brook's poisoning. Therefore, Jesse flips. The precise details are a bonus if you care to research them.

Has anyone also been watching Talking Bad (also on Netflix) ? A pretty light-hearted discussion show with cast members (and Gilligan himself) as guests. Entertaining and revealing.

The "confession" video was incredible plotting. Breathtaking. BUT......

its still not as good as The Wire !
  • Options
    I meant "I don't think it IS essential"
  • Options

I try not to watch too many american shows, not that I don´t enjoy them, just they just eat up all of my life! Breaking Bad is probably one of the greatest shows ever created.

Almost exactly what I was going to write.

I never normally watch US TV but I watched this online thanks to what some people on the TV shows thread recommended. For me it is the best ever TV programme including all British TV across all genres. I never though I'd say that about an American TV 'show.' I love it so much that I soon rationned myself to one episode a week throughout last winter and I spent all day on Mondays looking forward to it. I'm going to start series 5 this winter.
  • Options
    Pico said:

• Options
    RedPanda said:

Pico said:

I am huge fans of both and while The Wire is superbly, brilliantly, fantastic, I think Breaking Bad actually surpasses it in terms of plot, character development and script. It's all about opinions!

• Options
    If anyone is interested, I am selling all 5 of my Breaking Bad DVD box sets covering Seasons 1-5. 18 discs covering 54 episodes. All in perfect condition. Currently on Ebay and expecting more than £50 + postage but would sell to a fellow lifer for £45 cash. Message me if interested.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    .....ps, can collect them from my workplace in Bexleyheath or home in Orpington
  • Options
    edited September 2013

RedPanda said:

Pico said:

I am huge fans of both and while The Wire is superbly, brilliantly, fantastic, I think Breaking Bad actually surpasses it in terms of plot, character development and script. It's all about opinions!

I dunno, I consider The Wire more than a TV show. Objectively it is the greatest and deepest thing I have watched on TV.

However, I know some people prefer drama and suspense and Breaking Bad is better in that sense. The latest episode has indeed shown that, though given the episodes left you could see the twist coming.

• Options
    This weeks episode was immense. Don't know how I'm going to be able to wait a week to find out what happens.
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

This weeks episode was immense. Don't know how I'm going to be able to wait a week to find out what happens.

This, It was quality.

• Options
    Has leapfrogged Sopranos in my opinion.
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

The tension at the end was ridiculous. I think I can see how it's going to play out - and if I'm right, it doesn't end well for anybody...
  • Options

CAFCdamo said:

This, It was quality.

I said literally those words just before I opened this thread. Immense. It's one of the few shows that grips my eyeballs from start to finish. I don't even play Scrabble on my phone.

Would love to know your theory Leroy.
  • Options
    Hank can't die surely. Walt must save him somehow ? Just can't see where this goes. Unless Saul rides in with some cavalry...
  • Options
    Can I just confirm that the 1st episode of breaking bad starts with hal from Malcolm in the middle driving a caravan into a desert tree? It seems too advanced to be the 1st episode.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Can I just confirm that the 1st episode of breaking bad starts with hal from Malcolm in the middle driving a caravan into a desert tree? It seems too advanced to be the 1st episode.

Was that not just the RV that Walt and Jesse were using to cook initially?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    And how creepy is that Todd character? Can see him popping Skylar or something (hopefully the silly faced bag).
  • Options
    WSS said:

Dave2l said:

Was that not just the RV that Walt and Jesse were using to cook initially?

I know nothing that's all I've seen. I downloaded netflix only for this as the hype is crazy.
  • Options
    Yes Dave it is
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

That's the magic of it , had me instantly gripped. Don't worry the rest of the episode goes on to explain how he got to that point.
  • Options
    WSS said:

And how creepy is that Todd character? Can see him popping Skylar or something (hopefully the silly faced bag).

I really seem to like todd, not really sure why though?
  • Options

WSS said:

Me too , I feel quite sorry for him even when he did that thing (not sure if it counts as a spoiler as it was last year) he was just trying to impress Walt and live up to his family's reputation.

• Options
    That final scene in the last episode ranks right up there with the Red Wedding scene from Game of Thrones as utterly tense and compelling tv... my heart was beating 1000 times a minute with anticipation of what was going to happen next. Can't wait for next week.
  • Options
    I was swearing at Vince Gilligan as it ended which I think he intended us to do. Can't wait for next week
  • Options
    I am so jealous of people that havent seen it. I have been watching it since bumping into it on FX and sky plussing the series years ago, i never ever saw it developing like it has and watch every Monday with a mixture of excitement and sadness its going.
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

WSS said:

Me too , I feel quite sorry for him even when he did that thing (not sure if it counts as a spoiler as it was last year) he was just trying to impress Walt and live up to his family's reputation.

The kid is proper nasty. The look on his face just before the shoot out? He's a bad guy. Although he reminds me of Matt Damon.