Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Breaking Bad

Comments

• Options
    Fantastic. Fantastic. Fantastic.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Dave2l said:

Things I think should have been included in breaking bad (if I'm being a nerd)

4. The kid on the bike in the desert should not have been shot dead. Walter knows he done bad things but the moral compass I thought he possesed at the time, seeing a kid shot under the circumstances, it would and should have destroyed him.

Not convinced it didn't change him to be honest.
    Dave2l said:

5. Todd is a freak. He is too unrealistic as a person. An extreme laidback criminal and does not possess a criminal personality. Exchange that character for someone more believable.

Don't agree about Todd. He's a classic sociopath who shows no empathy or remorse, as in his eyes, it's normal behaviour. His uncle jack was just an evil bastard, but he knew exactly what he was, where as
    Todd will see himself as a good person. Perfectly summed up by how he thinks that Lydia could be possibly interested in him. Although I disliked him from day one, I thought it was a great character and wouldn't have changed a thing about him.

Thought it was a perfect end to a perfect show. Really looking forward to the Saul Goodman spin-off, although I'm expecting it to be alot more light hearted than BB...................

• Options
    Great ending. Ended in spectacular style was just very very cool. Didn't over do it.
  • Options
    can't wait to get home tonight to watch this. I wonder if I will have a tear in my eye as the end credit rolls...
  • Options
    Amazing ending, tied every sort of loose end up in a very very appealing way
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Fantastic ending, found it really satisfying. I won't spoil anything for anyone who hasn't watched it yet. The second half of season 5 especially has taken Breaking Bad to a whole new level of quality, at least as good as any other TV series I've ever seen.
  • Options
    Quite simply a work of art!
  • Options
    Up to series 4 at the minute
  • Options
    The best thing about breaking bad was the chase of Hank trying to track a man named "Heisenberg" without knowing the involvement of his brother in law. Anticipating the reaction to Hank finding this out was the main most gripping thing.

The genius of Walter white evading difficult threatening situations in a relentless "bad ass" manner was also great. Win at all costs. He never gave up when previously he did want to when offered the choice to not have chemotherapy.

Walt junior or Flynn wasn't that great in my opinion. Think it should have been a 15/16 year old daughter instead, the relationship would have been more sweet.

Skylier turned out ok, but she was really whiney and boring throughout the first 3 series.

Mike was more of a shrek then a hit man but good character.

Gus was pretty cool.

My favourite scene(s) are as follows:

1. Walter killing Gus via bomb.

2. Walt killing crazy 8

3. Tuco episode with hector and tuco dying.

4. Walt running over previous rival drug gang members before Jesse gets shot.

Your favourite scenes if you want to describe?
  • Options
    What a fantastic last episode. I feel sad to say goodbye
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just watched it and apologies for swearing but that was absolutely fucking immense. After defending the finale of Dexter, I take it all back. That is how you end a TV show!!
  • Options
    It was good but I didn't think it was great. Besides the final demise it felt for me more like a season's end that the whole series.

I do like the idea of Better Call Saul being a prequel, they could bring Mike back and end it with him meeting Walt. As for favourite scene, the bath tub and the acid in season 1 always comes to mind. Quality dark humour, otherwise Gus's death.
  • Options
    Best ending to a tv series ever. No question. Absolutely badass. Ten out of ten. After the dreck of the last episode of Dexter last week, those writers should watch this and feel ashamed.
  • Options
    What a great felina. The Badger & Skinny Pete cameo was brilliant. You can just imagine the moment when someone had the idea of including them. And then someone trumps it with "the best hitmen this side of the Mississippi" line.
  • Options
    Pico said:

What a great felina. The Badger & Skinny Pete cameo was brilliant. You can just imagine the moment when someone had the idea of including them. And then someone trumps it with "the best hitmen this side of the Mississippi" line.

Exactly this. The fact they were involved made it.
  • Options
    Admit to my eyes slightly leaking when Walt was saying goodbye to baby holly, knowing he'll never see her again.............
  • Options
    If you set everything aside, the final showdown wasn't about money, it was about Jesse, for the first time ever, it was genuinely about "family"
  • Options

Admit to my eyes slightly leaking when Walt was saying goodbye to baby holly, knowing he'll never see her again.............

Same here . Very touching moment . I will miss WW .
  • Options
    Just watched the finale again. It really is the best ending to a series ever I think. That last scene is just perfect TV. The cinematography throughout BB is amazing, better than most films.
  • Options
    Love these...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And the soundtrack over the entire series was phenomenal too.

**SPOILER ALERT**

The farewell scene with Skyler, Holly and Flynn (sort of) just made me well up. I remember the first episode where he defended Flynn in the clothes shop when the other kids were taking the pee. He loved his family through it all but he admitted it was all about him in the end.
  • Options
    Felina:
    Fe = Iron = Blood
    Li = Lithium = Sweat (also a mood enhancer for schizophrenia Walt/Heisenberg)
    Na = Sodium = Tears

The attention to every detail is what makes the show the absolute cult classic that it is.

BTW am I the only person who thought Todd was ok, just a bit simple?
  • Options

The attention to every detail is what makes the show the absolute cult classic that it is

That dial/reader at the very end had 'Weiss' on it, which is German for white.
  • Options

Felina:
    Fe = Iron = Blood
    Na = Sodium = Tears

The attention to every detail is what makes the show the absolute cult classic that it is.

Isn't there like less than 2% sodium in your tears? Clutching a bit there ;) Lithium though is rather vital ingredient in making meth which fits better!
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Felina:
    Fe = Iron = Blood
    Na = Sodium = Tears

Isn't there like less than 2% sodium in your tears? Clutching a bit there ;) Lithium though is rather vital ingredient in making meth which fits better!
    Sorry, I believe it should have been Blood, Meth and Tears!! Fits a whole lot better! Wasn't entirely sure how much Lithium was part of the meth process though... you a 'cook' then CAFCPolo?

• Options
    Brilliant show, vies with the Wire for GOAT as far as I'm concerned.

Thought the ending was a little bit too neat personally but that doesn't take away from what has been a superb journey.
  • Options
    He sung the song which makes reference to Felina, the whole blood, sweat/meth and tears thing was always a poor one.
  • Options
    Felina is also an anagram of finale.. Obvs.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Loved the song in the final scene "Baby Blue " by Badfinger - it was a perfect choice .

http://youtu.be/C53QAuOoSgc
  • Options
    Life without Walter White will never be the same. Best thing ever on tv.