Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chef Wendy v Leeds

Comments

• Options
    Report: "United supporters had also attempted to confront their Sheffield counterparts in an adjoining stand and with a number, almost unbelievably, having chanted in praise of Jimmy Savile"

It gets worse. Vile is right.
  • Options

No doubt the North upper will be singing the incest song to the Barnsley "family" tomorrow, does it make us any better?

Yes. Because its generic and still swinging towards humour rather than direct abuse. Well that is how I, and I suspect the majority if people feel (though I know not all)
    And for the record, I don't if I'm honest want to burn Millwall and Palace fans on a bonfire either (though I suspect GH might give a different answer!)
    Yeah nothing but humour saying your family is shagging each other because of the place you live
  • Options

No doubt the North upper will be singing the incest song to the Barnsley "family" tomorrow, does it make us any better?

Yes. Because its generic and still swinging towards humour rather than direct abuse. Well that is how I, and I suspect the majority if people feel (though I know not all)
    And for the record, I don't if I'm honest want to burn Millwall and Palace fans on a bonfire either (though I suspect GH might give a different answer!)
    Fair point but we should not forget charlton fans were named in a national paper a couple of weeks ago after singing songs about Danny Murphys wife and calling her a whore, now a lot of the same fans are horrified because the pedo and Turkey stabbing songs are being wheeled out.

Dont get me wrong, I do not get offended by any of the songs and really do see it as banter between rival fans but others do not seem to see it that way
  • Options

oh and i think Llera should be banned for life for his assault on brown along with that prats assault on kirkland.

If things like that happened then Brown wouldn't have been there tonight for Llera to 'assault', he would have been banned himself years ago. Now he is a dirty scummy player of the lowest order.
  • Options
    lol how has this turned into digging out our own again. ffs we need Saturday to come quick.
  • Options

Wow that Leeds fan needs to be banned for life except for slopping the toilets.

Rumours were that he'd already had a banning order of some sort..

Trouble does seem to follow Leeds around with their big and loud support albeit not to this level and clearly the vast majority are probably very decent people.

• Options
    I took my 4 year old daughter to her first ever football match tonight. Thank god it wasn't Wednesday v Leeds. Shameful scenes.
  • Options
    I was at the game tonight. Hostile atmosphere, to say the least. Thought Leeds were solid at the back but didn't create much besides Tonge's cracking strike. I had trouble keeping quiet as I had £20 on 1-1. Of the old boys, Semedo was Semedo-like, boothroyd was good in patches, Llera was ok as an old fashioned centre half (Gardner made him look good) and Varney fell over.
  • Options
    He's from Gloucester.

lol how has this turned into digging out our own again. ffs we need Saturday to come quick.

Very true.
  • Options
    Christ, that Dave Jones interview is actually quite harrowing to watch. Poor bloke looks like he's about to give up on life. That's left me feeling quite deflated about football so I hope tomorrow fixes it for me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sorry never saw match no some prick slapped goalie,is jones upset about that or chants?
  • Options
    The Leeds fans abused jones all night -- songs disgusting -totally vile
  • Options
    Seemed he was upset by the chants primarily. The interviewer was trying to get him to say that it's not fair to blame all the Leeds fans for the actions of the bloke who hit Kirkland, and I think Jones was offended that people were focusing on that and not at all on opposition fans calling him a paedophile. All in all it's not been a great night for football
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I thought the chanting that Millwall did a few weeks back was bad, Leeds brought it to a new level tonight, chanting about Dave Jones being a Pedophile, then singing 'There's only one Jimmy saville' and 'he shags who he wants, one Jimmy saville' straight after was sickening, and thick as f**k, and that was just some, our fans reacted by singing about Turkey (poor) and that made the Leeds fans charge throwing bottles, ripped up seats and advertising hoardings, in front of kids and Women.

I was willing to give Leeds a break before tonight, but after that they can all do one, I hope the FA throw the book at them, oh and seeing Colin sending all his players to clap that lot after all the chanting was unbelievable, then he comes on TV all innocent after?

Leeds fans were a disgrace tonight, and outside the ground, major trouble.

Charlton - hope you hammer them next week.
  • Options
    Bloke was a prick keeper was best to stay down till situation defused
  • Options
    edited October 2012

I thought the chanting that Millwall did a few weeks back was bad, Leeds brought it to a new level tonight, chanting about Dave Jones being a Pedophile, then singing 'There's only one Jimmy saville' and 'he shags who he wants, one Jimmy saville' straight after was sickening, and thick as f**k, and that was just some, our fans reacted by singing about Turkey (poor) and that made the Leeds fans charge throwing bottles, ripped up seats and advertising hoardings, in front of kids and Women.

I was willing to give Leeds a break before tonight, but after that they can all do one, I hope the FA throw the book at them, oh and seeing Colin sending all his players to clap that lot after all the chanting was unbelievable, then he comes on TV all innocent after?

When i saw the fixture i was going for a leeds win, mainly because you lot could be a relegation rival, but when i started to watch the game i remembered how much i cant stand leeds. What with warnock being there and then seeing as ever how many dicks they have as fans i soon started to go for Wednesday.

not excusing your fans for the turkey chants though but i think leeds have more nasty fans than you lot.

On another note, god the commentator could not stop going on about these two teams being sleeping giants and that they are too big to be in this league, as if their egos weren’t MASSIVE enough already.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Varney refused to clap Leeds fans at the end, fair play
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Varney refused to clap Leeds fans at the end, fair play

Fair play to him, Varney as on loan here for a while too.

• Options

When i saw the fixture i was going for a leeds win, mainly because you lot could be a relegation rival, but when i started to watch the game i remembered how much i cant stand leeds. What with warnock being there and then seeing as ever how many dicks they have as fans i soon started to go for Wednesday.

not excusing your fans for the turkey chants though but i think leeds have more nasty fans than you lot.

On another note, god the commentator could not stop going on about these two teams being sleeping giants and that they are too big to be in this league, as if their egos weren’t MASSIVE enough already.
    The Turkish chants only came after the Dave Jones chants and the one Jimmy saville chants pal, tbh, how some grown men can sing the praise of Jimmy saville and probably have kids back home is just sick to the core.

• Options
    Yes the Leeds bloke was totally out of order, but no one is going to convince me that Kirkland didn't make a meal of ir.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How was it after the game OP, much trouble??
  • Options

The Turkish chants only came after the Dave Jones chants and the one Jimmy saville chants pal, tbh, how some grown men can sing the praise of Jimmy saville and probably have kids back home is just sick to the core.

It is disgusting and makes you think whether these fans have brains to comprehend what they are actually supporting, ie, child abuse.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

How was it after the game OP, much trouble??

A lot of trouble with both sets of fans, Leeds coach was smashed up, unconfirmed reports that leeds fans tried to set fire to a pub turned out to be not true, but the amount of police around was like we was just about to go to war.

They didn't show the trouble at the game on TV.

• Options
    Warnock: apart from 1 moron, our fans were fantastic tonight!!

What a c###
  • Options

Yes the Leeds bloke was totally out of order, but no one is going to convince me that Kirkland didn't make a meal of ir.

You ever been sucker punched?

• Options
    The fan has been outed on twitter and his mobile number distributed. He's already banned from every ground.

Quite incredibly one of his mates on Facebook has supported him and praised him - that mate works for West Yorkshire Police

Some people really have no brain!
  • Options
    Have a ****ing word with yourselves some of you trying to dig out Kirkland . If that had happened to Hamer you'd be hissy fitting like a good un. And don't lie sayjng you wouldn't .

Unacceptable
  • Options

We're all footy fans , there are a lot of helmets that go and watch footy , charlton have some helmet fans , leeds have more helmet fans than most , its all inter linked , we're talking about leeds helmet fans and their vile songs (as well as the helmet who shoved Kirkland) , we have had incidents of our helmets singing vile songs(lisbie chuff) and there are different levels of helmetness
    You only have to look at the bmob/firestarter thingy to see how great it was when sheff wed took a slap in 2006 in the cup and obviously our hoolies only go for/intimidate ones who want a row apparently but that would have prolly been one of the reasons why a few wednesday hoolies were giving it the biggun when our fans left hillsboro last season and some of our normal punters were put in a scary situation , its all interlinked

My sister asked me if it'd be ok to go to Leeds in half term with my 12 year old season ticket holding nephew , he was scared when he saw some of the shit that happened on floyd road before the Palace game , I said yeah there won't be aggro up there for us ....... She text me she's not going after seeing what the leeds scum got up to
    Sad times for us normal(ish) footy fans

• Options
    I suspect it won't just be Leeds in trouble but Wednesday too, given that they failed to prevent a supporter from getting onto the pitch. Remember our warnings at the end of last season about any invasions and they would have been friendly ones!