Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chef Wendy v Leeds

Comments

• Options
    A lot of embarrassed Yorkshire men this morning.
  • Options
    Just seen the dave jones interview. Hard to see a grown man look so obviously hurt. I would be saying the exact same thing in his position. Don't think he should get punished for saying that.
  • Options

Just seen the dave jones interview. Hard to see a grown man look so obviously hurt. I would be saying the exact same thing in his position. Don't think he should get punished for saying that.

Absolutly mate, well said from a natural.

• Options
    Sorry, my previous message was by a dog walking on my keyboard. Just spotted it.

Haven't seen the incident but the main sports news on BBC World this morning.
  • Options

Mr Pig

While you are there, how did you play last night? And how's the mood generally, is it true that fans are turning against Dave Jones already? And what about Liera in particular? I still can't believe you can get through a season with him as a first choice defender

Cheers, mate.

I was there last night and thought Llera did ok. He's an old fashioned centre half but did what does best ok. Gardner picked up the pieces well alongside him. I'd be surprised if they go down on that performance even if there was a lot of huff and puff. As for the atmosphere, it was hostile throughout - both sets of fans were showing aggression to the other set from early on. Fortunately I grabbed a taxi out of the area after the game and missed any further nastiness.
    What Stand was you in mate?
    I was in the south stand opposite the owls fans that upset the Leeds mob. I had a good view of the Kirkland incident. I managed to sit on my hands for the equaliser but only because I had £20 on 1-1. Good game to be fair
  • Options

Sorry, my previous message was by a dog walking on my keyboard.

A random dog?
  • Options

Mr Pig

While you are there, how did you play last night? And how's the mood generally, is it true that fans are turning against Dave Jones already? And what about Liera in particular? I still can't believe you can get through a season with him as a first choice defender

Cheers, mate.

I was there last night and thought Llera did ok. He's an old fashioned centre half but did what does best ok. Gardner picked up the pieces well alongside him. I'd be surprised if they go down on that performance even if there was a lot of huff and puff. As for the atmosphere, it was hostile throughout - both sets of fans were showing aggression to the other set from early on. Fortunately I grabbed a taxi out of the area after the game and missed any further nastiness.
    I was in the south stand opposite the owls fans that upset the Leeds mob. I had a good view of the Kirkland incident. I managed to sit on my hands for the equaliser but only because I had £20 on 1-1. Good game to be fair
    How much did you win?

I was in the South too, hope you enjoyed the game apart from the WY idiots.

• Options

Mr Pig

Cheers, mate.

How much did you win?

I was in the South too, hope you enjoyed the game apart from the WY idiots.

Odds were 11-2, so it paid for the night out
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

DRAddick said:

se9addick said:

says on his page that Kirkland don't wanna press charges. Shame, the idiot deserves to be punished

Does he have to ? Surely there enough evidence for a charge anyway ?
    Won't really matter. There's more than enough football related offences he'll go down for.

Still, Kirkland is a much better man than me for not pressing charges. If I was in his position I would be trying to get the little shit hit as hard as the law allows.
    I suspect that his reluctance has more to do with avoiding reprisals than a desire for leniency. I can understand his reaction but his decision is a terrible one for the overall good of the game
  • Options

thenewbie said:

DRAddick said:

se9addick said:

says on his page that Kirkland don't wanna press charges. Shame, the idiot deserves to be punished

Does he have to ? Surely there enough evidence for a charge anyway ?
    Won't really matter. There's more than enough football related offences he'll go down for.

Still, Kirkland is a much better man than me for not pressing charges. If I was in his position I would be trying to get the little shit hit as hard as the law allows.
    I suspect that his reluctance has more to do with avoiding reprisals than a desire for leniency. I can understand his reaction but his decision is a terrible one for the overall good of the game
    There's no need for Kirkland to press charges - the police and CPS will do it for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kirkland has spoken.

SHEFFIELD Wednesday’s goalkeeper Chris Kirkland has spoken of his ‘shock and disappointment’ after being hit in the face by a thug who invaded the pitch at Hillsborough last night.

The Owls player was left dazed on the floor when he was pushed over by the man, who has since been unmasked on Twitter as a hooligan with a history of breaching football banning orders.

Kirkland said: “I was gutted with conceding the goal and had my head down as I kicked the ball down the field so we could restart the game.

“I was looking at the ground but when I looked up, I caught a glimpse of someone coming towards me on the pitch.

“I thought he was going to give me some abuse but then suddenly he came at me with both hands and I was stunned.

“I felt the full force and I was just shocked because you never know what could have been in his hands.”

The goalkeeper was immediately given treatment by the Owls’ medical team and didn’t suffer any serious injuries.

He continued: “I was sore and, as I say, really shocked at what had happened and it was a strange feeling because of all the adrenalin you feel in such a big match anyway.

“My mind then turned to the possibility of winning the game because we had played ever so well and there was still 15 minutes to go.

“The rest of the game flew by and then the final whistle came, the adrenalin goes and you reflect on something like that and it was scary.

“I thought of my family watching something like that and it was not a nice feeling to think my daughter saw me assaulted like that.”

Kirkland said he wanted ‘appropriate action’ to be taken to stop a similar incident happening again.

“I’m not seeking publicity on the back of this because I am not that kind of person.

“I just want the authorities to look at what happened and take the appropriate action because sooner or later, we could be talking about something even more serious.

“I would like to thank everyone from the football world for their messages of support, particularly from Sheffield Wednesday, and now I am looking forward to our game against Blackburn in midweek.

“It’s not about individuals, it’s about Sheffield Wednesday because this is a fantastic football club.

“And the sad thing is that what happened overshadowed what was an outstanding display and we want to build on that.”

• Options
    Get off the moral highground.

30+ of your lot attacking Palarse players on the pitch, singing and gloating about Istanbul. And then your history of slapping normals and kids outside Hillsborough.
  • Options
    Leeds fan was a complete tit but find all the 'grassing' from behind your computer just as embarasing.
  • Options
    But the palace fans ran onto our pitch and goaded us when we just got relegated, if it was you do you just think Charlton would have looked at the Palace fans and smiled and clapped them well done, also Clint Hill made gestures to our fans too, so to compare that to last night is just weak imo.

• Options
    SE10 said:

Leeds fan was a complete tit but find all the 'grassing' from behind your computer just as embarasing.

Grassing?
  • Options
    People sticking his Facebook and details up
  • Options
    So you think people shouldn't of done that? Isn't he already banned, he just attacked a goalkeeper in open play?
  • Options

So you think people shouldn't of done that? Isn't he already banned, he just attacked a goalkeeper in open play?

Would it have made a difference if it was a corner then?

• Options
    Only criminals "grass"

Law abiding decent people report crimes and help the police identify criminals
  • Options
    My Mum was completely law abiding yet she drummed it in to us as kids, you deal with things like that your own way and I make her right. She was in no way a criminal either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some of the people on this site are beyond belief.
  • Options
    SE10 said:

My Mum was completely law abiding yet she drummed it in to us as kids, you deal with things like that your own way and I make her right. She was in no way a criminal either.

So if someone commits a crime, as last night's idiot did, you think it is okay to keep quiet if you know who he is? Unbelievable! I'm glad that everyone is not like you, we'd never have any witnesses to any crime with your logic.

• Options
    Basic 20 point deduction to Leeds ... oh and 10 points off Wednesday for lack of security... makes sense after todays game

I saw the incident last night on Sky Sports news and was amazed that this could happen...
  • Options
    SE10 said:

Sorry pal, but the air might be thinner down there.
  • Options
    Does make me laugh when people refer to 'grassing' like it's a crime in itself! Pathetic really. Henry's definition is spot on.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    agree,grassing is grassing his just done something on national tv no need to be on the phone
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    SE10 said:

Words can not do that justice...

• Options

But the palace fans ran onto our pitch and goaded us when we just got relegated, if it was you do you just think Charlton would have looked at the Palace fans and smiled and clapped them well done, also Clint Hill made gestures to our fans too, so to compare that to last night is just weak imo.

f**k mine.....your tin pot Club are sounding more and more like Liverpool......victims, hey?

• Options

f**k mine.....your tin pot Club are sounding more and more like Liverpool......victims, hey?

Steady on shandyman, can't we now defend ourselves without being called sniverpool.......hey?

Anyway, he got arrested today so I guess he won't be having his christmas turkey afterall.
  • Options

Only criminals "grass"

Law abiding decent people report crimes and help the police identify criminals

Spot on Henry. Can't quite believe some of the stuff on this thread.