Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Player sightings

Comments

• Options
    Jon Fortune in Spearmint Rihno's in bournmouth.

Eddie Youds loads of times drinking in blackheath (me and the mrs shared a bottle of champagne with him and his the day we got promoted last season)

Colin Walsh in the Camden in Bexleyheath a few years back waiting to pick up his daughter from the station so he popped in for a pint with a mate of mine who he has known for years.
  • Options
    Colin Walsh in The Ramblers Rest in Chislehurst.
  • Options
    I can never be arsed to speak to "celebs" or footballers. There just a normal person at the end of the day and I don't want to feed there egos anymore!
  • Options

Saw Abdul Razak at the train station on the way home yesterday.

Did he have a big label on him saying "Return to Sender"?

I once had the honour of having a pee next to Curbs, when he was our manager, at Chelsea when they were playing Liverpool - when I had some free VIP tickets through company sources. I told him I was a Charlton fan and he asked what the bloody hell I was doing there then! All pleasant but naturally we didn't shake hands or anything else.
  • Options
    Saw Peter Garland with Fish n Chips 'in hand' walking from out of fish bar on his way to a 11am training session at sparrows lane
  • Options
    See Darren Bent outside the Bape shop off Golden Square......and yes autographs were exchanged!
  • Options
    addick16 said:

Saw Peter Garland with Fish n Chips 'in hand' walking from out of fish bar on his way to a 11am training session at sparrows lane

Classic. Garland was often spotted in various take-away places in New Eltham/Sidcup, I saw him in the Chinese at New Eltham on Avery Hill Roads lots of times on Sunday nights.

Fair to say that Peter didn't mind a bit of grub.
  • Options
    Paul Elliot in Deja Vu prolly a year or two after he had retired from playing
    And see Chris Perry quite often walking his kids to/from school in Loughton
  • Options
  • Options
    i see derek hales at school everday he worcks as the on call offiser
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We saw the lovely Kish with his two boys going to buy shoes in Clarks in Petts Wood, Shaun Bartlett going into Nandos Bromley and Claus Jensen in a car park in Beckenham.

My daughter used to see Martin Pringle in his car near Bickley station most mornings on her way to school.

• Options

lol
  • Options
    Saw Richie Bowman playing tennis in Eltham Park back in the day. Was chuffed to get his autograph. He was favourite player when I was a kid.
  • Options
    i saw richard rufus across the road outside welling kfc years ago while he was still playing starting shouting rufus for england to him to which he put his thumb up and smiled though my fave was years ago when playing for charlton robins side we were pre season training in danson park and super clive walked through our training session with his wife and kid and with most of us being charlton fans and him being my hero i got a lil star struck and he signed my shin pad though sadly i got home from training and my mum stuck my whole kit including signed shin pad in the wash..epic fail!
  • Options
    Had a brief chat with Keith Peacock on a train once. Very nice fella.
  • Options
    Saw several members of the palice squad in Primark recently
  • Options
    Met Kim Grant in Rutherfords nightclub in Worthing, John Robinson, Berlin bar Brighton, played cricket against Steve gatting and finally Steve brown in sainsburys in haywards Heath.
  • Options
    BigRedEvil Member
    7:47PM in Rumours

I've just seen two current Charlton players going into Bromley cinema to take advantage of their cheap Tuesday offer.

Obviously not being paid their wages hopefully we'll find some investment soon so they can afford to go to the imax :-(
  • Options
    I've literally just seen Andy Hughes sitting on the platform at blackheath station. Appeared to be with his missus and daughter.
  • Options
    saw Scott Parker and his younger brother in a BMW garage in Bromley after he had returned from his loan spell at Norwich .He was ok when i spoke to him but did not take too kindly to my question whether he was going to buy a shiny red one to match his acne .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw Dean Kiely in WH Smiths at Bluewater once...
  • Options

Was he buying Caravaning Monthly? ; )
  • Options
    After the play off final I was in Greenwich, The Spanish Galleon, and I saw Kinsella, Robbo and Brown getting a cab.
  • Options
    Got the train to a monday night game and had SCP standing next to me.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Sat in front of Dean Kiely & Scott Carson on the bus from Cheltenham Station to the Racecourse about 5 years ago.

I opened Richard Rufus' 1st bank account.

Met Dennis Rommedahl in his bank. Thanked him for his last minute goal at Palace & he looked totally non plussed at me. Obviously, didn't give a s**t & could hardly recall it (it was only a few months previous).
  • Options
    I once walked past Allan Simonsen in the underpass between
    Charing Cross and the Strand, I think I was a little star struck and just gawped. When I told the mate I was with who had just walked past he looked at me blankly and said " never heard of him "
  • Options
    Saw Deano in Sidcup sorting post office thingy .... I was going there to pick up some signed goalie gloves Peter Varney had gotten deano to sign for me and I sort of mumbled to him what I was collecting and basically bored him to death

Saw Scottie Parker with a kid in a puschchair and a friend on Sidcup station a couple of years after he'd moved to Chelsea
  • Options
    Day before the Blackpool v Charlton game booked in a hotel with my colleague who is a Lasher fan who invited me to the late Billy Ayre memorial dinner that evening. Anyway after our 2-0 win I returned to the Travelodge by the Pleasure Beach and outside was someone on the phone having just checked in. When he finished, I had a chat to him confirming his identity and I had a picture with him taken. It was none other than Chris Solly who said that he was spending the weekend with his family up here. We had a chat and thought he was a very friendly guy.
  • Options
    Would love to bump into Jim Davidson, my hero like!
  • Options
    pork_pie said:

Day before the Blackpool v Charlton game booked in a hotel with my colleague who is a Lasher fan who invited me to the late Billy Ayre memorial dinner that evening. Anyway after our 2-0 win I returned to the Travelodge by the Pleasure Beach and outside was someone on the phone having just checked in. When he finished, I had a chat to him confirming his identity and I had a picture with him taken. It was none other than Chris Solly who said that he was spending the weekend with his family up here. We had a chat and thought he was a very friendly guy.

Did he mention transfer links?