Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Player - poor quality of commentary?

Comments

• Options
    From BBC:

Dear Mr S

Reference CAS-1787544-3P1JH4

Thanks for your enquiry.For details on how to supply services to the BBC, please visit the ‘Supplying the BBC’ website at www.bbc.co.uk/supplying/.

Thanks again for contacting the BBC.

Kind Regards

Leigh Mallon

BBC Complaints

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints
  • Options
    I guess they are referring to us supplying them with a feedback service?

Thought saturday's commentary was much better than the week before

I assume lack of comments on here is due to this... and also fact it was a home game and therefore less listeners
  • Options

I guess they are referring to us supplying them with a feedback service?

Thought saturday's commentary was much better than the week before

I assume lack of comments on here is due to this... and also fact it was a home game and therefore less listeners

In my case, I have given up on Charlton commentary or complaining about it and listen to the away service instead.

Very good Hudds service including half-time round-ups and interviews.
  • Options
    Quality commentary tonight. 10/10
  • Options
    When it was not cutting out?
  • Options
    thanks Peter, good job tonight together with your co-commentator
  • Options
    Agree that the commentary was good tonight.
    Also had huge problems with getting more than about 15 seconds at a time for much of the match.
  • Options
    Thanks, I hear it kept cutting out?
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited November 2012
    It cut out for me once for about 30 seconds. It often cuts out but usually only for a sceond or so. Had me worried when this one didn't come back straight away. By the way, Pete, I don't know if you read the match thread from last Saturday but it was noticeable you were keeping Jamie on track. Good job. :-)
  • Options
    Have to admit i dont really have a problem with the commentary but then im normally working in my studio whilst listening to the match, so just the basics of the game is enough, for the very small monthly fee it is worth it IMO for what i get out of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob said:

It cut out for me once for about 30 seconds. It often cuts out but usually only for a sceond or so. Had me worried when this one didn't come back straight away. By the way, Pete, I don't know if you read the match thread from last Saturday but it was noticeable you were keeping Jamie on track. Good job. :-)

Thanks, may get someone to look at our line to make sure its not that, I have small man with a tash in mind for the job.
  • Options
    Commentary was excellent tonight as I expected when I heard who was doing it.

I had no issues with it cutting out either, other than people keep coming into my office wanting to talk to me, which was annoying as I've had zero calls or visitors all morning!
  • Options
    3:45am kick off for me, so missed it

It would be great to be able report positive feedback as well as negative to bbc/club/ burger van guy/whoever

Who was commentating alongside Pete, out of interest?
  • Options
    Similarly missed it was somewhere between Calgary and Edmonton during the game - glad to hear it was an improvement. I like Jamie Hill - good commentator.
  • Options
    I was very impressed by the commentary last night also
  • Options
    PeteF said:

Rob said:

Thanks, may get someone to look at our line to make sure its not that, I have small man with a tash in mind for the job.
    Michael Owen ?

• Options
    Reference CAS-1750428-6WPS3C

Thanks for contacting us.
    We understand you feel the quality of Charlton Athletic coverage is of poor quality.
    Please accept our apologies for the delay in replying. We know our correspondents appreciate a quick response and are sorry you've had to wait on this occasion.
    You explain that you subscribe to listen to Charlton Athletic football commentary online via the player on the club's website. That being the case, while that service may on occasion utilise BBC Local Radio commentary, under a commercial arrangement with us, your contract for service provision is specifically and exclusively with the service provider "Perform Media Services Limited", whom you pay fees to. In this instance the BBC cannot assist as you are not using a BBC service, but are a customer of a commercial service provider with whom you have a contract.
    All the information you need is set out in the published Terms & Conditions which you will have reviewed at the time of entering a subscription contract with Perform. These details are available at www.player.cafc.co.uk/subscription-terms-and-conditions, and we can only suggest if you are unhappy with the service you subscribe to, that you contact the service provider with whom you have a contract directly to make your views known to them and to seek their formal response:

Perform Group
    Sussex House
    Plane Tree Crescent
    Feltham
    Middlesex TW13 7HE
    Telephone: 020 3372 0600

E- mail: info@performgroup.com / customerservices@performgroup.com

• Options
    Haha...

You are contacting perform group, though!

Maybe the context of the letter you wrote would be useful

Ohhhhhh

I see

That is a ltter from the bbc passing you on to perform
  • Options
    So, if I've got this right:

Perform passed me to Matt Wright at cafc

MW passed me to BBC

BBC passed us to perform

-----

brilliant!

No offence to MW at all, btw
  • Options
    So as I understand it, it is down to Perform to tell the BBC to get it's act together, and they shouldn't pass the buck to Matt Wright. It is probably in order actually for Matt Wright to tell perform to get it's act together and demand stuff from the BBC. This only happens if Matt, or a club representative, feel that it is necessary. If the club are content with the service than we stay the same.

What confuses me is that earlier I thought that the BBC paid Charlton money to cover our matches, when now it reads that the BBC is paid by Perform to cover our matches.

If I have got that right, then Perform should pay Peter Finch et al to cover our matches instead of the BBC.

To quote from the BBC reply above:

' that service may on occasion utilise BBC Local Radio commentary, under a commercial arrangement with us, '

Unless Perform is tied in to an arrangement with the BBC thay can dump them and use Peter Finch et al.
    If they are tied in to an arrangement then Perform should listen to us, the customers, and try to get the BBC to describe the action whan commentating.

This afternoon I intend to follow the Millwall coverage, but who knows, the Millwall and Charlton coverage may be the same today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've defended the BBC on that other thread, but this looks to me to be a blatant bit of buck passing. I wonder what the response would have been if you'd said you was a Radio London or Radio Kent listener? If they are really interested in providing a good service they should take all feedback seriously regardless the listener's medium. It doesn't matter if you're a direct customer, secondary customer or tertiary customer, you are still a customer and they should still listen too you. You never know, they might learn something. The sub text of the reply they've sent Stilladdickted is, "Don't bother telling us, we're not interested. If you really want to waste your time complaining, go tell it to someone else".
  • Options
    See they've stuck Emma on.
    Shows how they feel about the little war of words.
  • Options
    EMMA!
  • Options
    she's much better today than in the past, can't really fault her at all
  • Options
    agree, she's improved a lot. I'm getting a idea of the game at last.
  • Options
    Listened to whole of the second half. Excellent commentary by Emma. Was the best and clearest that I've heard on the aways games I've listened to this season. To all concerned thank you very much!
  • Options

Listened to whole of the second half. Excellent commentary by Emma. Was the best and clearest that I've heard on the aways games I've listened to this season. To all concerned thank you very much!

agree - good to have Finchy policing her, not that he needed to. Hopefully more Hill & Jones & less Reed in the future....
  • Options
    Thought Emma (and afew words from #PeterF) was very good today.
    Definetly inproving.
  • Options
    Yep, no complaints from me. Well done all.
  • Options
    I was also very happy with the commentary today