Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Player - poor quality of commentary?

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    PeteF said:

sure I will enjoy your commentary Peter. Just glad i'm not there - got bashed at Cold Blow Lane in 1967.

Just been setting up the equipment, I could not be closer to the locals, wish me luck if we score!

good luck mate....coz i think we will score and win!!
  • Options

sure I will enjoy your commentary Peter. Just glad i'm not there - got bashed at Cold Blow Lane in 1967.

Just been setting up the equipment, I could not be closer to the locals, wish me luck if we score!

• Options
    peter do you know if there is going to be a Millwall angled commentary on their Player?
  • Options
    Greetings from Canada, PeteF ! Just re-signed up to CAFC Player to hear the broadcast. Have always enjoyed listening to you (love the excitement so no change required..lol!) while following updates on BBC, ESPN Gamecast & RedMidland's txts....best of luck to the team...COYR!
  • Options
    Go get 'em Pete. I'm really looking forward to your commentary. Have you made a will yet? We're missing out this year, no getting attacked on the coach or being incarcerated, tis a sad loss ;-)
  • Options
    Pete, you might have to rely on the old nudge, nudge, wink, wink, like me and my Dad did when Tony Burman scored our last minute equaliser there a few years back. Looking forward to hearing Mike, thought he was a very good keeper and should have stayed longer at the club. Remember, no getting excited until the ball is firmly nestled in the back of the net!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

peter do you know if there is going to be a Millwall angled commentary on their Player?

Yes there is...

• Options
    Shame there is, I was rather hoping you had an exclusive...don't you think the Millwall player would benefit from taking your stream too...I do ;-)
  • Options
    Pete, dunno if you have any powers to make this happen, but could you try and get FLi to put the pre match show out on the Football League App please? The last few weeks it's just had the commentary (usually starting late).
  • Options
    Exiled, I have absolutely no say in that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PeteF said:

Pete, first class today - and Mike Amman was good.
    Seems like its just you recently, with no help commentating and also Chalrton Live too.
    You must be knackered - whats happened to everyone else?

• Options

PeteF said:

Pete, first class today - and Mike Amman was good.
    Seems like its just you recently, with no help commentating and also Chalrton Live too.
    You must be knackered - whats happened to everyone else?

Terry is away with work at the moment, will be back soon.

• Options
    Pete. I tried emailing you today from California but it kept getting returned. What is the MatchDay Live email address?
  • Options
    Rob said:

Pete. I tried emailing you today from California but it kept getting returned. What is the MatchDay Live email address?

Hi Rob its matchday.live@cafc.co.uk

• Options
    Thanks Pete
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Excellent today again Pete, made the match thread more interesting to do as I needed to keep up with your commentary. Mike was a good summariser as well. I'm looking forward to completing the match threads for the rest of the season as we fight to stay up!! Well done mate.
  • Options
    massive improvement

definitely a change for the better
  • Options
    Thanks S
    seth plum said:

Shame there is, I was rather hoping you had an exclusive...don't you think the Millwall player would benefit from taking your stream too...I do ;-)

Thanks Seth, not sure that Millwall fans would enjoy my commentary! especially when we commented on how fickle their fans seemed to be!
  • Options
    Great work, the new service makes the monthly fee a must have for fans like myself who have to settle for the occasional game in person.

• Options
    I am never going to complain about our commentary today after hearing what I believe has to be the worst sports coverage ever. Whilst waiting for the Tour de France to whistle past me this afternoon, I thought I'd stick BBC Essex on to see if there was any news on how the race was progressing. What they had was a woman called Sadie Nine jabbering away like and orgasmic chimp sitting on a diesel-powered washing machine without having the slightest clue what she was talking about. She only mentioned two 'teams', the first time when she exclaimed "I've just seen the Skoda team's car"! Then a few minutes later different company, same gaffe: "I've just seen the Carrefour team's car". No other 'teams' were mentioned, and certainly no riders. If she told us that the 'pelotron' was coming once, she told us a dozen times.

I know that enthusiasm is better than disinterest and I recognise that a local radio station isn't going to have a big budget for experts in everything that it covers, but you'd have thought with the current level of interest in cycling they could have found an anchor who actually knows a little bit about the sport.