Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Player - poor quality of commentary?

Comments

• Options
    DMC said:

If something does happen in the less exiting moments of the game and they get into a chat then they should interrupt each other and tell us what is going on like they do on BBC 5live.

They (the 'professional' commentators) get paid, but the Charlton Live people who help them are reportedly massively out of pocket because they have to fund their own travel, time off, and match tickets despite our subscriptions to player,

• Options
    seth plum said:

DMC said:

If something does happen in the less exiting moments of the game and they get into a chat then they should interrupt each other and tell us what is going on like they do on BBC 5live.

They (the 'professional' commentators) get paid, but the Charlton Live people who help them are reportedly massively out of pocket because they have to fund their own travel, time off, and match tickets despite our subscriptions to player,

well that's ridiculous I think it would be worth a complaint.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Anyone any idea why there was no commentary on CAFC player tonight?

Despite the fact that the service wasn't available, there was a noticeable improvement in Emma's commentary throughout the game.
  • Options
    First time I have listened to Finchy's solo work - wow!! Great work, love it...think this old thread can now be finally laid to rest...

(as long as Emma or Jamie don't rise from the Charlton Player grave!!)
  • Options
    i agree. am normally at the games so don't listen to player but had to work late so couldn't get to london.

Finchy stand up, quality commentary!
  • Options
    He's certainly putting the pros to shame. If he can just figure out how to say Goochannejhad and Ajdarevic in a hurry he'll be sorted!
  • Options
    I have to disagree, I think the service is poor. Your one job as a commentator is to say things correctly.
  • Options
    The other guy was a bit odd
  • Options
    stvrdd said:

I have to disagree, I think the service is poor. Your one job as a commentator is to say things correctly.

are you Emma in disguise??

:-) (joking)
  • Options
    PF - who else could include Monty Python in a football commentary
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Enjoyed the commentary Peter. Well done! Just a shame Sordell missed his moment of glory.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    not tonight finchy was brilliant well done
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments, had to slip the Monty Python in there! Really pleased you are enjoying it.
  • Options

The other guy was a bit odd

was Joe Hall, from Valley Talk Blog, his first time.

• Options
    Great job Pete. If possible, can you try to get a little less excited when we are about to nearly score? I thought we'd scored about six times! I know it must be difficult trying to get the right balance. Other than that, fantastic.
  • Options
    Ha ha will try, we were close though!
  • Options
    Yes, you were a bit excitable sometimes Pete :-)
  • Options
    Rob said:

Yes, you were a bit excitable sometimes Pete :-)

Sorry, I am fan like everyone else!

• Options
    True
  • Options
    Good work last night Pete, helped me complete a good match thread...more of the same please
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PF. - I fear for your safety when we score at the Den :)
  • Options
    Well done Pete - love the passion, the mistakes (calling half time at the end of the match), don't change Pete. Unique style.
  • Options

PF. - I fear for your safety when we score at the Den :)

Press box is slap bang in the middle of the home stand.... could be lively

• Options

Well done Pete - love the passion, the mistakes (calling half time at the end of the match), don't change Pete. Unique style.

Thanks John

• Options

Never did David Coleman or Murray Walker any harm.

Perhaps we can have a weekly Finchballs section on CL.
  • Options

Never did David Coleman or Murray Walker any harm.

Perhaps we can have a weekly Finchballs section on CL.
    Great Idea Exiled

• Options
    oh gawd......
  • Options
    Hopefully you will enjoy tomorrows commentary, I have Mike Amman as my summariser, speaks his mind does Mike!
  • Options
    sure I will enjoy your commentary Peter. Just glad i'm not there - got bashed at Cold Blow Lane in 1967.
  • Options

sure I will enjoy your commentary Peter. Just glad i'm not there - got bashed at Cold Blow Lane in 1967.

Just been setting up the equipment, I could not be closer to the locals, wish me luck if we score!