Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most bizarre celebrity sighting

Comments

• Options
    Back in the 70's I was an apprentice in the same electrical repair workshop at Chatham Dockyard as Dave Whitcombe was working. I had a 3 month secondment working in his area. The day before the Christmas break we all brought our darts in and played darts at lunchtime. Actually played against Dave. Can't remember if I won. Would like to think I did, but don't really remember. Not long after that he turned Pro. Had no idea who I had played until he appeared on the telly in the 80's playing World Championships.
  • Options
    Just walked past Billy Bonds by the Argos in Bromley Market square.

I know I'm short but he's taller than I thought.
  • Options
    I walked past David Cameron this morning in Kensington High Street also about 4yrs ago I used to work at Adidas and served none other than the legend himself Chris Solly! He brought a golf glove
  • Options
    This hunky ex-Hollyoaks star delivered a company car to me last year...I guess the acting has dried up a bit

• Options
    I was in a chip shop in Downham,early 90s and Nigel Benn walked in with his kid and played on the fruit machine.Saw Venessa Feltz at a petrol station in Grove park,she was giving me the eye!.
  • Options
    Once had a piss next to Tom Conte.
  • Options
    walked past Winston Reid in Canary Wharf the other day, weighed down with shopping bags
  • Options
    satsuma27 said:

I was in a chip shop in Downham,early 90s and Nigel Benn walked in with his kid and played on the fruit machine.Saw Venessa Feltz at a petrol station in Grove park,she was giving me the eye!.

I remember playing 5 a side at crook log years ago and Benn was playing squash in one of the courts there.

Vanessa Feltz in the 90's? Now there's a would ya.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Red_James said:

I walked past David Cameron this morning in Kensington High Street

I couldn't have resisted the urge to say, politely, "It's all your fault you know...".

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Quite a few years back I was in a pub in Eastbourne and Anthony Booth was at the bar. Getting a drink for his wife Elsie Tanner. Later Tommy Cooper came in as large as life.

Curb it - are these celebrities more withi. Your range? ;0)
  • Options

I served Barney Harwood in a board game shop in Greenwich about 6 years ago. Thats as exciting as it gets for me. Think he bought some dice and a pack of cards.

Did he have Nev The Blue Bear with him? Now he's a pucker celebrity.

A couple of years ago Mrs cafcfan bumped into Suzi Quatro in an optician's in Chelmsford. But Suzi hadn't made an appointment and nothing was available. Seems like an odd thing to do - pop into an opticians on the off chance.
    I'm sure there must be some appropriate lyrics from one of her songs, Stumblin' In maybe?
  • Options
    I saw Des O'Connor at bologna airport. I didn't think it was him but my girlfriend assured me it was. Went and stood next to him at the baggage carousel to get a better look, ascertained it was him and then helped him get the mother of all bags off the belt for him.
  • Options
    I once met Arthur Lowe in a pub quiz in Catford.
    He asked me what I thought was a tricky question 'What does surrender mean?'
    I said, 'I give up'.
    How we laughed.
  • Options
    Once got stuck briefly in a lift with the prime minister of New Zealand
  • Options
    Another time was having a bacon butty in a London cafe window and the queen stepped out of the back of parked car in front of me.
  • Options
    Once gave a sandwich to Salman Rushdie whilst still under the fatwa
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tony Blair pulled a pint one day in the pub I was working at
  • Options
    Trevor Eve and his wife sitting in the seats in front of me on a recent flight from Jakarta to Dubai ... business class of course :wink:
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

I served Barney Harwood in a board game shop in Greenwich about 6 years ago. Thats as exciting as it gets for me. Think he bought some dice and a pack of cards.

Did he have Nev The Blue Bear with him? Now he's a pucker celebrity.

A couple of years ago Mrs cafcfan bumped into Suzi Quatro in an optician's in Chelmsford. But Suzi hadn't made an appointment and nothing was available. Seems like an odd thing to do - pop into an opticians on the off chance.
    I'm sure there must be some appropriate lyrics from one of her songs, Stumblin' In maybe?
    My mum used to see Suzi Quattro going round Key Markets in Chelmsford. Now Morissons. Always had a black eye from her wanker of a husband.
  • Options

Oh, and I've shook hands with our illustrious owner (but that wasn't in the toilet).

You shook 'hands' with Roland ? You should have shook him warmly by the 'neck' :wink:
  • Options
    Frank Maloney, before he transgendered to Kelly, used to come into my car hire office regularly, tight, stingey little man, hated by his employees.
  • Options
    Once played pool with Nicholas Ball ( Hazell ) at an ad agency in Farringdon
    Had a drink in a pub in Brewer Street with a couple of the Rubettes
    Bought a carpet off Chris Farlowe in Islington
    Chatted over a pint with Mike Flanagan in the Ship , Greenwich
    Played golf with Graham Stuart ( 4 hcp )
    Played golf with Russ Abbott (11 hcp bandit )
    Drank away the afternoon with Phil Tufnell in Marbella
    Walking across a bridge in Quinta Do Lago bumped in to Bradley Walsh cycling

What an exciting life. I could add Ray Winstone, Amanda Redman, Rio Ferdinand, John Le Mesurier, Marc Bolan, Charlie Mullins.......

• Options
    Badly cut up by a black 911 going to Luton airport, only to find Nick Faldo my then hero at the wheel, we had a brief exchange of views and carried on, only to meet in the airport at the bar, had a drink and continued following his career.
  • Options
    Eric Bristow in the Ship Barbados
    Colina the ref in Josef's Barbados
    The Greek bloke from Blue in the Ship Barbados
    Ronnie Corbett in Chapter One Locksbottom
    Netanyahu in Sydney, Australia
    Gail from Corrie in The Kings Road
    Rodney Bewes in The Kings Road