Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most bizarre celebrity sighting

Comments

• Options
    I walked past Hugh Dennis in the city last week
  • Options
    I have drunk with Ricky Otto.
  • Options
    I seem to see celebs from my car.Coming back from Reading after a game at their old ground,we were driving on the Chelsea Embankment when Mel Smith pulled up in his Rover at traffic lights.
    Peter Bowles,the actor(not Stan Bowles the genius)in his Porsche at Hammersmith Roundabout.
    And Graham Stuart(how we could do with him in midfield)behind my car at traffic lights in Chelmsford.
    Lizzie Greenwood-Hughes at Terminal 5 baggage reclaim---agreed,not a great celeb spot but brightened my day.
    Walking behind Princess Anne and Steve Redgrave at the side of the bobsleigh track in Vancouver 2010.
    Danny Kelly at the Olympic Pool in 2012,in the crowd not in Speedos.
    Douglas Hurd strolling through Piccadilly Circus.
    Jim Davidson on Doncaster Station and in a Spoons in Watford.
    Benny Fenton on a tube near New Cross about thirty years ago.
    What a wonderful life.
  • Options
    Not a celebrity and I haven't seen him - but I am keeping an eye out for Calgary Police Officer Kevin Francis - formerly of Stockport and Birmingham. Found out the other day he is over here and working for the police. He wouldn't be too difficult to spot...
  • Options
    Was filling up with petrol at a service station on the M6 when snooker player Ken Doherty drove in the wrong way and proceeded to fill up with his car pointing one way and the other 30 or 40 pointing the other. He was none the wiser bless him.
  • Options
    Vanessa Redgrave on a train to Sheffield for a Workers Revolutionary Party conference.
    Corin Redgrave, Kika Markham (Cornetto Advert) and James Marcus (Georgie, A Clockwork Orange) in similar circumstance.
    Mike Kenning outside British Home Stores, Hare Street in about 1966 :smile:
  • Options
    Roger Moore (RIP) at the 2002 World Cup in Japan , looked like he was going in to a hospitality tent near where one of the England games was taking place
  • Options

but is it the most bizarre celebrity you have sighted (someone from Towie) or the most bizarre place you have sighted a celebrity?

I saw a bloke from Towie in a Charlton crowd. It was away to Dagenham in a pre-season friendly. Can't give you a name because I've never watched it, but there was a frisson of excitement amongst a few of the younger Charlton fans; certainly more than was generated by the football.
  • Options
    Stig said:

but is it the most bizarre celebrity you have sighted (someone from Towie) or the most bizarre place you have sighted a celebrity?

I saw a bloke from Towie in a Charlton crowd. It was away to Dagenham in a pre-season friendly. Can't give you a name because I've never watched it, but there was a frisson of excitement amongst a few of the younger Charlton fans; certainly more than was generated by the football.
    Wouldn't have been Mark Wright was it seeing that Josh Wright who came through our Academy is his Brother?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Stig said:

Wouldn't have been Mark Wright was it seeing that Josh Wright who came through our Academy is his Brother?

Possibly, but this was in 2013 and Josh was at Millwall by then. Though I suppose they may have made friends with others who'd have still been at Charlton.
  • Options
    Joss stone doing nos balloons at a festival
  • Options
    I sat in front of Fish from Marrilion at Derek Hales testimonial at Sellhurst.
  • Options
    A few years ago at The Hop Farm in Kent, I was on the dodgems with my daughter and queing up is a very attractive blonde girl, whom I must have been gawping at because as I got off I was met by the staring face of a none too impressed Vic Reeves. Turns out I'd been checking out his Mrs; Nancy Sorrell.
  • Options
    The bloke who played Beppe in EastEnders (Michael Greco) on the next lane to us in Bloomsbury bowling lanes, on my birthday about 10 years ago.
  • Options
    Was in the swing park in Rye about 6 years ago with my daughter and one of the cheeky girls was there with her kid (it was my wife who recognised her)
  • Options
    DA9 said:

holyjo said:

I sold Sir Anthony Quayle a pair of shoes and he sent me a postcard from Moscow ( High Street Kensington)

Also sold Bernard Cribbens some shoes ( regent street)

Played the piano for Esther King from the Platters and the woman who sang the theme tune for prisoner cell block H

Met gripper off Grange Hill in a tv studio

Got presented an award by Helen Lederer

I saw gripper sitting at Charing Cross station many years ago, he committed suicide I believe.
    I just e-mailed him to check, and he's still not dead... He's been a mate of mine for years. You are mixing him up with David Scarborough from EastEnders who was the first Mark Fowler, mate. He used to frequent the rock n roll club at the Swan and Sugarloaf before the depression got him, poor lad.
  • Options
    I took Simon Toulson-Clarke of Red Box to see Charlton v Boro at Selhurst. I worked with his brother and they were both Boro fans. In fact his brother used to play football with me and Peter Finch in the Charlton VP Sunday league side.
  • Options

DA9 said:

holyjo said:

I sold Sir Anthony Quayle a pair of shoes and he sent me a postcard from Moscow ( High Street Kensington)

Played the piano for Esther King from the Platters and the woman who sang the theme tune for prisoner cell block H

I saw gripper sitting at Charing Cross station many years ago, he committed suicide I believe.
    I just e-mailed him to check, and he's still not dead... He's been a mate of mine for years. You are mixing him up with David Scarborough from EastEnders who was the first Mark Fowler, mate. He used to frequent the rock n roll club at the Swan and Sugarloaf before the depression got him, poor lad.
    Used to see him at Sidcup station a lot.
  • Options
    Was reminded of this thread last night as I almost walked straight into Mark Kermode near Charing Cross...

Most seem to be drink/transport related (but only 1 train)

George Armstrong (Alan from Grange Hill) in a pub in Clerkenwell
    Melissa Wilks also from Grange Hill in a club in Camden
    Chesney Hawkes in a pub in Bagshot
    Various Chelsea players in the 80's (Dixon, Speedie etc) in pubs in Hampshire
    Gladstone Small in a hotel in Barbados
    Alec Stewart in Guildford
    Ewan McGregor on a flight to LAX
    Lemmy in departures at LAX
    Sat across the aisle from Steve Rider all the way from Heathrow to Atlanta without realising who he was until we got to imigration
    Leslie Phillips on a plane to Ibiza
    Steve Wozniak on a plane from San Francisco
    Leigh Francis (Keith Lemon) and Baby Spice on Eurostar platform at Eurodisney
    Princess Eugenie on a plane to Marrakech
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alexander Armstrong (plus remarkable arm-candy) at a tiny gig in London by one of Willie Dowling's bands (Jackdaw4, Sugar Plum Faeries, I can't remember). Turns out WD had written music for Armstrong & Miller's TV shows
  • Options
    shine166 said:

very under rated artist in my opinion, she has a great voice

PS - I have no idea what 'doing nos balloons' is
  • Options

shine166 said:

very under rated artist in my opinion, she has a great voice

PS - I have no idea what 'doing nos balloons' is
    Inhaling laughing gas won't do her pipes any good.
  • Options
    Courtenay from 90s page 3 was a personal friend. Ironically 2 raisins on a breadboard whereas her sister was watermelon advert. Both lovely girls
  • Options

Courtenay from 90s page 3 was a personal friend. Ironically 2 raisins on a breadboard whereas her sister was watermelon advert. Both lovely girls

Kate Moss with a hideous boat and bee stings went far.
  • Options

DA9 said:

holyjo said:

They were the same actor weren't they?

Clearly not
  • Options

I was heading south on the M6 one Friday afternoon for a game at the valley on the Saturday. The traffic came to a grinding halt, it was a boiling hot day and as I dropped my window I noticed the car next to me was a blacked out limo and the back window also started to drop. Next thing I'm face to face with lady Di, I had a nice chat with her until the traffic moved off again, much to the annoyance of her twitchy bodyguards, they were clearly not happy with our impromptu chat!!

Was she going to the game as well?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Not a fan of her but moderators please close the thread. Stockport has trumped all. BTW is the Spread Eagle brewery tap still there?
  • Options
    Can't beat that, but did see Mel B at the Regent's Park open air theatre