Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things that make you feel old

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2023
    This may be slightly devicive but... When you realise Sporty Spice was actually the most attractive one in the group. That was a real 180 that 14 year old me would never get his head around
  • Options
    This may be slightly devicive but... When you realise Sporty Spice was actually the most attractive one in the group. That was a real 180 that 14 year old me would never get his head around
    Yes, definitely. It used to be Posh but no more.
  • Options
    It's murder on the dance floor BW.
  • Options
    Are your 👠’s or 👖’s too tight?
  • Options
    The feeling that feet are getting further away from hands when tying shoelaces or washing feet.
  • Options
    Are your 👠’s or 👖’s too tight?
    That's my usual outfit ,  goes great with the beard.
  • Options

Macaulay Culkin Is 43!! How did that happen?

• Options
    Getting on a double decker bus and desperately scanning for free seats on lower deck
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Currently sitting at home on the sofa with the Mrs watching The Tipping Point when she said, that we are doing what old people do a lot…..watching daytime TV quizzes! She is so true
  • Options
    I got the ticket to my phone for yesterdays game.
    After about my 5th attempt to get in i asked the nice young steward to do it for me.
  • Options
    When the first digit of your age increases by one
  • Options
    Playing football.

Played last night and my word I ache today. The body is definitely failing!
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Playing football.

The mere thought of playing football makes me feel like that. Even watching drains me. Mind you that might be just because its Charlton (coincidentally it also makes me injury prone reaching for a digestive can put me on the sidelines for a couple of weeks).
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Playing football.

The mere thought of playing football makes me feel like that. Even watching drains me. Mid you that might be just because its Charlton (coincidentally it also makes me injury prone reaching for a digestive can put me on the sidelines for a couple of weeks).
    I packed up 5 years ago not long after I turned 50. Still miss playing and can't bring myself to chuck my boots & kit out but a few weeks after I stopped, all the aches & pains in my legs & back stopped and they haven't come back since. My mate still asks me if I want to play 7 a side and just go in goal but I know I'd get bored after 10 minutes and come out on pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Stig said:
    Getting this message from my eldest this morning, "Dad, today I am 10758 days old. You are 21516. I am exactly half your age today".
    Well I'm 21,915 days old today, according to Google. 
    Age is just a number as the saying goes.

On the upside I qualify for my 60+ London Oyster. Travelling home from work has just got  cheaper. (or would of if I'd of done the application on time).
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Getting this message from my eldest this morning, "Dad, today I am 10758 days old. You are 21516. I am exactly half your age today".

On the upside I qualify for my 60+ London Oyster. Travelling home from work has just got  cheaper. (or would have if I'd of done the application on time).
    Don’t forget to buy a senior rail card that gives you 1/3rd off train journeys (on trains leaving after 9am). Very good for away matches if there’s no industrial action. 
  • Options
    addickson said:
    Getting on a double decker bus and desperately scanning for free seats on lower deck
    nearly 50 now and on the rare occasion I get on a bus, I still like to be upstairs at the front
  • Options
    Stig said:

On the upside I qualify for my 60+ London Oyster. Travelling home from work has just got  cheaper. (or would have if I'd of done the application on time).
    As a matter of no interest at all I am 29,766 days old, 714,389 hours, 42,863,354 minutes.  My power colour is red and my lucky day is Tuesday.

Does anyone else ever use bing as opposed to google by the way?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Stig said:

Don’t forget to buy a senior rail card that gives you 1/3rd off train journeys (on trains leaving after 9am). Very good for away matches if there’s no industrial action. 
    Very best of all you get access to the Golden Years menu at Hungry Horse. Available Monday-Friday, you can get 2 courses from £4.70 or 3 courses from £6.20. Just bear in mind that Golden Years portions are designed to be smaller than equivalent main menu dishes.
    Youre welcome ;)

• Options
    Stig said:

As a matter of no interest at all I am 29,766 days old, 714,389 hours, 42,863,354 minutes.  My power colour is red and my lucky day is Tuesday.

Does anyone else ever use bing as opposed to google by the way?
    Bing sometimes pops up at work if I let the default browser do what it wants rather than what I want. Absolutely hate it. Junk. 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Solidgone said:
    Stig said:

Very best of all you get access to the Golden Years menu at Hungry Horse. Available Monday-Friday, you can get 2 courses from £4.70 or 3 courses from £6.20. Just bear in mind that Golden Years portions are designed to be smaller than equivalent main menu dishes.
    Youre welcome ;)

If thats the best, the next 20 years, (if I'm lucky), of inevitable decline is not going to be up to much. Smaller portions and I bet they have stuff on the menu thats easier for the older persons bowel movements ;) .
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Playing football.

The mere thought of playing football makes me feel like that. Even watching drains me. Mid you that might be just because its Charlton (coincidentally it also makes me injury prone reaching for a digestive can put me on the sidelines for a couple of weeks).
    I packed up 5 years ago not long after I turned 50. Still miss playing and can't bring myself to chuck my boots & kit out but a few weeks after I stopped, all the aches & pains in my legs & back stopped and they haven't come back since. My mate still asks me if I want to play 7 a side and just go in goal but I know I'd get bored after 10 minutes and come out on pitch.
    Start up a walking football team?
    My mate has joined one at her local sports centre & loves it.
    Theres a fella in his 80’s turns up, can hardly move. But when it comes to goal poaching he is unrivalled. His nickname is Ronaldo. Brilliant 🤩 
  • Options
    addickson said:
    nearly 50 now and on the rare occasion I get on a bus, I still like to be upstairs at the front
    I do that at 67...
  • Options
    Reading the thread, things that makes you feel old.