Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things that make you feel old

Comments

• Options
    Going to a meeting this morning about customer engagement and them starting by talking about "the recent trends we've all seen on TikTok"
  • Options
    addickson said:
    Getting on a double decker bus and desperately scanning for free seats on lower deck
    nearly 50 now and on the rare occasion I get on a bus, I still like to be upstairs at the front
    I’m 53 and I still have to get a seat right at the front of a DLR train so I can pretend I’m the driver 😃
    Oh yeah, I work in Stratford and frequently walk to Stratford International so I can be first on the DLR :smiley:
  • Options
    addickson said:
    Getting on a double decker bus and desperately scanning for free seats on lower deck
    nearly 50 now and on the rare occasion I get on a bus, I still like to be upstairs at the front
    I’m 53 and I still have to get a seat right at the front of a DLR train so I can pretend I’m the driver 😃
    Whenever I come down for a match if i get on one of those at night im amazed someone pissed up for a laugh doesn’t chuck the driver off and nick the train !! Im 100% certain that in my youth a few of mates would have done that 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    addickson said:
    Oh yeah, I work in Stratford…:
    When you completely forget you’ve resigned and retired :-) 
    Thought you were bard from Stratford.
  • Options
    I appreciate this is "old" by the standards of someone who's 30 - so I fully expect to be told off by all you old codgers ;) - but the sun baby from the Teletubbies is now expecting a baby of her own.

https://ew.com/celebrity/teletubbies-sun-baby-jessica-smith-pregnant/
  • Options
    At the Madonna concert on Saturday, I was delighted that the people in front of me didn’t turn up so I didn’t have to stand when everybody else did…it’s me poor old back!
  • Options
    Paying for my shopping.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well I never knew she’d been married to both Rod and Freddy (not at the same time of course).
  • Options
    “Sunday Roast” in Belmarsh tastes very different.
  • Options
    “Sunday Roast” in Belmarsh tastes very different.
    Any port in a storm 
  • Options
    My Lawyers are monitoring the “Millwall/Prison” gags *copyright infringement* 
    😉
  • Options
    Went to the museum of docklands and remembered some of the exhibits from my childhood.
  • Options
    Still Mirrors.

I’ve blacked mine over, if I could do it to the reflections in shop windows I would!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The parade of wrinkly old faces that stare back at me when I listen to Spotify.

• Options
    edited February 13
  • Options

Is this a "would ya"?  :D
  • Options
    When some DJ is leaving radio 1 after ten years and you've never even heard of him.

(And now for our listeners on medium wave, we interrupt the test match coverage to bring you the shipping forecast.)
  • Options
    The Ends to the Valley……………eh? 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    edited February 16

Things that make you feel old

Popped into the Museum today to drop off an old badge ... then realised a lot of the wonderful historical items on show I personally remember !

(I hadn't been for a while and was well worth a revisit)