Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• With the final being at Wembley, I fancy we’d be favourites regardless of who we would face.

Government should ban international travel too leading up to the final to minimise away fans.

Also ban other teams from training at Wembley like we did Germany :)
  • With the final being at Wembley, I fancy we’d be favourites regardless of who we would face.

Government should ban international travel too leading up to the final to minimise away fans.

Also ban other teams from training at Wembley like we did Germany :)

Precisely. They can use Harlseden leisure centre 5 aside court providing they fit it around customer bookings of course.
  • Always hate this bit of a tournament, where the matches start to dry up and we have to wait days between fixtures. Always seems such a big gap after a couple of weeks of basically 2 or 3 games every day.
    agree - roll on Friday, out with a few lads for a few beers and can relax a bit and watch a couple of decent games rather than was us play
  • bobmunro said:
    With the final being at Wembley, I fancy we’d be favourites regardless of who we would face.
    If it's Spain then maybe, if Italy or Belgium then I would expect them to be slight favourites.
    I could be wrong and that's why I'm in HR and not an odds compiler!
    I'm almost certain we'd be favourites against Italy. I guess if they win the next two in style that could change but I think only Belgium would be favourites against us. 
  • bobmunro said:
    Dave2l said:
    Sounds bizarre, but I would actually feel more at ease and safer if we had more challenging nations to face. The best nations that remain, on paper are Italy Spain Belgium and England. 
    I would rather face Italy in the QF. 

We know more about them and would receive a lot more credit for any form of success.

We do have really tough nations to face. Ukraine will be very challenging.

Denmark....please, no. 

Even Czech Republic would be fucking awful and unpredictable.

It's going to be tough.

Come on England!!!!!

Yes, it does sound bizarre.

I'm happy with our side of the draw!
    Fair enough, but it's always a trade off mate.

No fixture will be easy and it will always be for different reasons. 
    We scored 2 goals in 45mins against the Germans.

I'm happy we face Ukraine, overall, but just don't want that side of it to make people get carried away.

I don't think it will be an easier fixture then say, Italy. Maybe I am barking mad. 
  • WOT NO MATCH!
  • edited June 2021
    Dave2l said:
    bobmunro said:
    Dave2l said:
    Sounds bizarre, but I would actually feel more at ease and safer if we had more challenging nations to face. The best nations that remain, on paper are Italy Spain Belgium and England. 

We know more about them and would receive a lot more credit for any form of success.

Denmark....please, no. 

It's going to be tough.

Come on England!!!!!

Yes, it does sound bizarre.

I'm happy with our side of the draw!
    Fair enough, but it's always a trade off mate.

No fixture will be easy and it will always be for different reasons. 
    We scored 2 goals in 45mins against the Germans.

I'm happy we face Ukraine, overall, but just don't want that side of it to make people get carried away.

I don't think it will be an easier fixture then say, Italy. Maybe I am barking mad. 
    I think I'd much rather face Ukraine personally.

• Henderson's reaction is good, but Sir Christophers in the background is better.

• Henderson's reaction is good, but Sir Christophers in the background is better.
    Brilliant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:

Denmark....please, no. 

It's going to be tough.

Come on England!!!!!

I mean it does sound really bizarre mate. You don't wanna play Denmark and think Ukraine are a tough game yet think if we win people will discredit us? We had two other big nations in our side, one lost to a side we cruised past and we have beaten the other. If anyone says this isn't a legitimate tournament win (if it happens) then that would be extremely sour grapes.

I'm very happy with our run where we are comfortably the best team left on our bracket side and should in theory have enough in the tank and the squad depth to see us through a final Vs a team that will have had proper scraps. We are here to win it by any means necessary, I don't care who we beat along the way
    Also don't us English go more crazy betting than other nations? Eg. more likely we will back England even if we are priced wrong/ shouldn't be faves. Always feels that way to me, a bit like our English players who are overpriced in a way
    Until I retired from it a few years ago I played poker all over the world and trust me Scandies & Asians take some beating when it comes to gambling 🙄🙄
  • Seen people already coming out with “well Germany aren’t at their best right now”, “if Muller hadn’t missed” bla bla bla.

It doesn’t matter. First tournament win against them for generations. 

It’s a huge milestone for this group of young players and will stand them in excellent stead, not just for the remainder of this tournament but in the future as well.
    Those people also need to notice that England are the only team to genuinely beat them this tournament... France managed it but had to rely on a German to do it. 

The problem with that is UEFA have threatened to hold the final elsewhere if we don't let them in.

Just quarantine away fans last minute as they attempt  to enter the ground...maybe use Wembley arena as a holding pen under marshall law.

Everyone will understand, we're in a pandemic after all.

We could give the quarantined away supporters  TGI Friday vouchers or something to soften the blow and let them watch the game on a portable telly or something (bound to be one knocking about somewhere).

Think we should do this so I'll tweet the government and call 119 to tell them my idea.
    And make them watch that shit Peter Crouch thing
  • Seen people already coming out with “well Germany aren’t at their best right now”, “if Muller hadn’t missed” bla bla bla.

It’s a huge milestone for this group of young players and will stand them in excellent stead, not just for the remainder of this tournament but in the future as well.
    Agreed. Unfortunately, some people can’t help themselves but to add some negativity to a fantastic moment. 
  • He’s a good egg Henderson.

Chris Powell.... such a legend it's beyond belief 
  • Any lifers going to Rome? I'm close to Munich and have the chance to get tickets and get the train down. I've got the vaccine so no need to quarantine too. None of my mates can make it and from what I can gather the locals are a bit tasty towards England fans. Anyone been there for a game?
  • Sponsored links:

That's what football is. 

The detail of it sepearates the winners and losers.

Don't give us the "if onlys"

Muller's chance was an unfortunate mistake - gift from sterling. It wasn't related to German attacking build up play.

We beat them fair and square...because we were much better.

We wanted it a lot more then they did. We were more hungry for it.
  • edited June 2021
    tom_k said:
    Any lifers going to Rome? I'm close to Munich and have the chance to get tickets and get the train down. I've got the vaccine so no need to quarantine too. None of my mates can make it and from what I can gather the locals are a bit tasty towards England fans. Anyone been there for a game?
    Yeah been there for a match (not England mind), as long as you are sensible and take normal precautions I don’t think you’ll have any issues at all. Rome is a wonderful place.

If it’s easy to get there I think it would be a great experience (and I’m pretty sure England will win!). 
  • Been to watch a Roma game there and had no problems at all although I think Lazio fans can be a little less welcoming. I don’t think you’ll have any problems in England colours as long as you’re respectful. Hopefully you can make it and make some noise. Absolutely no chance of anyone living here making it, as you have to quarantine for 5 days on arrival.
  • I don’t think there has been an English club travel to Rome ever and not have serious issues. I think its generally seen as dodgy as fuck in most away day football circles.

That said, this is/will be different for a number of reasons, not least that we’re not actually playing them.

You’ll be fine I’m sure.
  • Dave2l said:

Henderson's reaction is good, but Sir Christophers in the background is better.
    Sir Chris Powell.... such a legend it's beyond belief 

• edited July 2021