Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Half the teams with only 3 points (2 out of 4) went out last time.

If Germany lose to France and Portugal, for example, they may need a decent win v Hungary by 2 or 3.
  • Some of Spain’s passing was superb last night, but when they did manage to break through Sweden’s, at times 8 man, defence the finishing ball was terrible. The fact they tried the short passing game for entire game made me realise Spain have no plan b. If they’d attempted something else later in second half, I’m sure they’d have won last night. 
    Possession doesn't win games as Spain proved.
  • Looking forward to the Portugal v Germany game tonight, could be a cracker!
  • edited June 2021
    Looking forward to the Portugal v Germany game tonight, could be a cracker!
    Its France v Germany tonight | Hungary v Portugal
  • That Group is where it is at in the early stages. We may only have two games today but they are crackers.
  • I could see myself doing that if the ball was coming at me (within 25 to 30 goes), but one of the pundits made the point yesterday, it is far harder to do that with the ball moving away from you which gives the who thing an extra element. A great goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    A goalie to replace a midfielder!? Wtf!

There's two Hendersons you say...

Oh
  • Goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale has been called up to England's Euro 2020 squad to replace injured Dean Henderson.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57480270
  • That was some goal, but is it just me who wondered why the keeper was so far out? I know they effectively got countered but still felt poor positioning, take nothing away from the strike it was stunning!
  • That was some goal, but is it just me who wondered why the keeper was so far out? I know they effectively got countered but still felt poor positioning, take nothing away from the strike it was stunning!
    No I think everyone thought the same.
    No, I think at least 5 million people were thinking the same thing. 
  • edited June 2021
    se9addick said:
    That was some goal, but is it just me who wondered why the keeper was so far out? I know they effectively got countered but still felt poor positioning, take nothing away from the strike it was stunning!
    No, I think at least 5 million people were thinking the same thing. 
    The weird thing was how neither of the 2 Scottish commentators and none of the 4 scots in the studio seemed to notice at the time…
  • If Portugal don't win today, qualification would be in question.
    You pretty much only need to win 1 game to qualify. They qualified last time by drawing all 3 games.
    Hmmm. If you draw all three you get 0 GD but if win 1 lose 2 then you more than likely get negative GD, so therefore much less likely to qualify.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ronaldo removed the Coca Cola bottles from the table and replaced them with a water bottle before he would start the press briefing for Portugal's match against Hungary. I wonder if Ufea will fine him.
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Ronaldo removed the Coca Cola bottles from the table and replaced them with a water bottle before he would start the press briefing for Portugal's match against Hungary. I wonder if Ufea will fine him.
    I saw that... Is he have a deal with Pepsi or something like that?
  • edited June 2021
    Ronaldo is just a health freak. And famously disciplined to the extreme. No doubt thinks it's ridiculous that an elite sports tournament is being sponsored by a sugary drinks brand. 
  • edited June 2021
    Chunes said:
    Ronaldo is just a health freak. And famously disciplined to the extreme. No doubt thinks it's ridiculous that an elite sports tournament is being sponsored by a sugary drinks brand. 
    If sugar is the issue, he could have replaced them with coca cola zero, lol.

I drink coca cola zero but I do it knowing that it's probably not good for me, much the same as alcohol consumption. Limited consumption is key.

Cigarettes aren't allowed to advertise and nor should be  salty / sugary / aspartame products. 

Go out, have fun, be free but consume better and save lives.
  • bobmunro said:
    expect mega bids for Schick from a few of our Prem clubs
    Not sure about that. He's not been that prolific in the Bundesliga this season - one in three for Leverkusen.  
    He's not the type of striker English fans appreciate. He's very measured in everything he does, and being tall and visible, sometimes looks as if he isn't putting in the "effort". That was my neighbour's grouse with him on Friday when we were out for beers. Needless to say, he is re-thinking.

@ForeverAddickted Hlozek just signed a new contract 3 weeks ago. I think Sparta want him at least for next season when they fancy themselves to wrest the title back from Slavia.
  • edited June 2021

Watching Spain cured my insomnia anyway. Dear God that was dull. 

Such a boring tournament so far- rescued only by a Scottish goalkeeper. That about sums it up.  

Bland corporate sport for the international consumer.
    Don't bloody watch it if it pisses you off that much. At least then we won't have to read you constant unfunny moans.