Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• We have Germany and France tomorrow but so far I think Italy are by far the strongest side we have seen.
  • edited June 2021
    We have Germany and France tomorrow but so far I think Italy are by far the strongest side we have seen.
    Have Portugal as well tomorrow, their game against Hungary could be a good one

Those two met @ Euro 2016 and ended up drawing 3-3

Italy v Switzerland will be a better benchmark (Wednesday), probably as close a match up in their Group to our game yesterday.
  • That was the Chelsea Morata
  • edited June 2021
    Blimey massive let off, deflection could’ve gone anywhere.
  • Pitch looks shite 
  • Spain will end up having 80% possession in their games but very little goals. Morata is poor.
  • Spain will end up having 80% possession in their games but very little goals. Morata is poor.
    Spain arent scaring me at the moment if we end up in the same half of the draw.

Famous last words I know

But this isnt the Spain of the last decade and we dont need to be afraid of a "name"
  • Sponsored links:

• We will see but I get the feeling this’ll go the same way Italy/Turkey did. 2 or 3 nil by full time.
  • I know it's being unfair but by gawd this current Spain team are not a patch on their side of 10 years ago (even 5). Loads of possession, which you'd expect, but toothless up front. So far...
  • ffffs then se9 and sillybilly come on here and i feel  bad cos they're good lads and their team lost , fcuk off conscience it's football and morals are out the window
    All’s fair in love and footy mate!
  • Tippy tappy shite
  • We have Germany and France tomorrow but so far I think Italy are by far the strongest side we have seen.
    They’ve only played a Turkey side and stuffed them. Doesn’t mean they are the strongest side we’ve seen. 
    They’ve only played a Turkey side and stuffed them. Doesn’t mean they are the strongest side we’ve seen. 
    England for the first 20 minutes yesterday looked the strongest side.
  • How's he missed that! 
  • Deary me, he’s got a case of the Morata’s..
  • Tippy tappy shite
    Perfectly summed up - the most boring match so far 
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:
    We have Germany and France tomorrow but so far I think Italy are by far the strongest side we have seen.
    England for the first 20 minutes yesterday looked the strongest side.
    I think England had the strongest opposition so far of all the ‘top’ sides have had. Belgium looked pretty tasty but then they were only playing a Russian side that looked like they didn’t give a shit. 
  • Those Spain shirts are weird, it looks like the players all have a mobile phone underneath...
  • edited June 2021
    I've quite critical of the new Euros format in the past, felt too many games would be tight, ultra defensive affairs, yet in truth we've only seen a handful of them so far.

As a result its setting up a remarkable next round of games in the Group Stages

Apart from Italy | Belgium | England at the moment, you could argue that the rest of the places in the Second Round are wide open, and whilst you'd expect one second and third place team to be one of France | Portugal | Germany, I wouldnt like to predict the rest at the moment.

Turkey and Scotland are the only two that look strugglers

Even thats potentially harsh on the latter given the opportunities they had
  • Disappointing the Swedes took off Isak, he was cauising them some problems.
  • Freeze framed the TV.

This is the very moment Marshall awoke from his dream, you can just make out the ball on the right, the other side of the centre circle.  Marshall turned and ran like hell, he took approximately 25 giant strides before hitting the back of the net ...  arriving some time after the ball.

• This is like watching Karl Robison era Charlton play a Steve Evans side. 
  • Tiki-Taka works great when you have to half a dozen of the best players in the world like Spain did in 2008 - 2012 but, while they have talented players, Spain don’t have that kind of quality so this threading the eye of a needle stuff is so low percentage. They might actually do better against a team that doesn’t sit deep against them like Sweden have. Keeper has made a couple of great saves though. 
  • Spain's entire team is good, but "could get to quarter finals" good, not tournament favourites, should get to semis at least good
  • Very disappointed in Spain there. Not anything like the team that beat Germany 6-0 in the same stadium in November.
  • sam3110 said:
    Spain's entire team is good, but "could get to quarter finals" good, not tournament favourites, should get to semis at least good
    Reminded me a bit of the England Golden Generation.

Maybe not the same sort of hype but they look a team that will struggle to break sides down and score the goals needed to go far