Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• My Year 8 tutor group picked out Slovakia in the sweepstake and a rival Year 8 group picked Poland so I'm happy with the score so far. They have been researching Slovakia, I've written to the Slovakian embassy to tell them we're cheering for them...this is almost as important as the England match.
    Could you ask them to get a move on with my work visa please Bob? Cheers. 😎😉
  • Jesus the Striker could have had a cup of tea between shooting and the ball crossing the net then

Slovak Goalkeeper has had a mare
  • Game on.
  • I quite enjoyed seeing some new pundits for the Scotland game and thought that Eilidh Barbour and Shelley Kerr (the lady with the big hair) were very good and Darren Fletcher talks a lot of sense. I didn't recognise the other bloke.

Enjoyed the first half Slovakian performance against the Poles. Apart from their speed on the transition and general derring-do, I like the way they have a man on the other flank to pick up overhit crosses (if only Charlton could have done that occasionally last season).

We'll have to see how they respond to that early second half equaliser.

• Jesus the Striker could have had a cup of tea between shooting and the ball crossing the net then

Slovak Goalkeeper has had a mare
    He was very slow getting down, for sure. 
    I think that was one of those than was infuriatingly close to being in reach though - and it was moving away from him, so he probably thought he had it.
    Third worst goalkeeper ricket of the day, for me. 😂
  • Emma Hayes's analysis on co-commentary has been really good.  Horrible accent, mind!
  • Great finish...
  • Fuck me...can she not just shut up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Emma Hayes's analysis on co-commentary has been really good.  Horrible accent, mind!
    Couldn’t disagree more. Of all the token women commentators and pundits we are currently seeing she is truly awful....and annoying.
    Not clear what's wrong having female pundits? Plenty of bad Male ones...
  • Blucher said:
    I quite enjoyed seeing some new pundits for the Scotland game and thought that Eilidh Barbour and Shelley Kerr (the lady with the big hair) were very good and Darren Fletcher talks a lot of sense. I didn't recognise the other bloke.

Enjoyed the first half Slovakian performance against the Poles. Apart from their speed on the transition and general derring-do, I like the way they have a man on the other flank to pick up overhit crosses (if only Charlton could have done that occasionally last season).

Eilidh Barbour is on TV all the time- she does a good job. I thought Shelley Kerr spoke a lot of sense.
  • She is knowledgeable and good on tactics, she just has a dull voice. I have one as well, which is obviously the only reason I am not an expert summariser.
  • sam3110 said:
    I can't get on board with the wanting Scotland to win til they play us cos were all British.

I want to see them lose by at least 5 goals to nil in all 3 games and spend another 20 years trying to qualify for the next one, only for the same thing to happen again
    Each to their own. I want them to win and I’ve not a deep fried bone in ma body. It all feels a bit fakey hate to me (a la Palace Brighton). I see it more as a sibling rivalry. 

Don't really understand why it’s ok to cheer on Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish athletes, swimmers, cricketers, golfers etc yet have to hate their footballers. 

Rule Brittania 

ps. I’ll laugh whenever they get stuffed though!
    Because a lot of football supporters are moronic boneheads?
    Speak for yourself
  • I've been really impressed by a lot of the female pundits and presenters.
    Couldn’t disagree more. Of all the token women commentators and pundits we are currently seeing she is truly awful....and annoying.
    Absolutely. Not entirely sure why the inclusion of female pundits needs to be reduced to calling them “tokens”.
    Every single one of them is or was a top level player or manager. I think we can assume they know what they’re talking about.
    @Red_in_SE8  you’re entitled to think Emma is the worst pundit, but I don’t know why you have to make the point about the involvement of females. Unnecessary.
    Absolutely. Not entirely sure why the inclusion of female pundits needs to be reduced to calling them “tokens”.
    Every single one of them is or was a top level player or manager. I think we can assume they know what they’re talking about.
    @Red_in_SE8  you’re entitled to think Emma is the worst pundit, but I don’t know why you have to make the point about the involvement of females. Unnecessary.
    Because so many of them are so bad. Alex Scott is ok but all the others are truly awful. We could be listening to Glenn Hoddle here..Someone who has played at this level and managed at this level and always offers insightful and meaningful comments . Just because they are women doesn’t mean we have to judge them by a different standard.
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:
    She is knowledgeable and good on tactics, she just has a dull voice. I have one as well, which is obviously the only reason I am not an expert summariser.
    Exactly how I've seen it.
    Because so many of them are so bad. Alex Scott is ok but all the others are truly awful. We could be listening to Glenn Hoddle here..Someone who has played at this level and managed at this level and always offers insightful and meaningful comments . Just because they are women doesn’t mean we have to judge them by a different standard.
    You obviously don't like female pundits - your comments are way OTT.  There are loads of bad Male pundits who have clogged up the airwaves for years.

The world has changed.
  • Blucher said:
    I quite enjoyed seeing some new pundits for the Scotland game and thought that Eilidh Barbour and Shelley Kerr (the lady with the big hair) were very good and Darren Fletcher talks a lot of sense. I didn't recognise the other bloke.

Eilidh Barbour is on TV all the time- she does a good job. I thought Shelley Kerr spoke a lot of sense.
    Eilidh Barber is great.

Shelley Kerr was as bad as the two males - biased pretending Scotland were a bit unlucky rather than pointing out they'd got the selection wrong, being poor in goal and up top, better once they switched to a back 4 etc.
  • The worst pundit by far is Ashley Cole - nobody else comes close.

Clinton Morrison?
    Clinton ain't great but I'm sorry he's like Einstein when compared to Cole.
  • Robbie "states the bleeding obvious" Savage has to be up there as the worst co commentator. 
    He's just f***ing annoying and smug.
  • edited June 2021
    good goal that - (Ignore that, just realised i paused the game and are 25 minutes behind on play)
  • Slovakia did well.
    After his comments about disabled children back in the day, I'm appalled this man still gets a paycheck. 
  • YESSSSS! The kids are messaging me, saying 'We won!'