Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Scotland created 6 chances but David Marshall decision to play rush goalie when Scotland were looking dangerous sapped the energy out of Scotland. 
    The Czech were solid and Schick scored two excellent goals.

Patrik Schick has a good scoring record for his Country, 15 goals in 28 games.
    Marshall should have got back quicker.
    He shouldn’t have been so far upfield in the first place.
    Agreed. Not following the game properly...
  • Scotland created 6 chances but David Marshall decision to play rush goalie when Scotland were looking dangerous sapped the energy out of Scotland. 
    The Czech were solid and Schick scored two excellent goals.

Patrik Schick has a good scoring record for his Country, 15 goals in 28 games.
    Marshall should have got back quicker.

Marshal was too far forward but it was a brilliant first time strike with a bit of curve. 
  • Piss poor team selection by Clarke. Dykes is useless. Should have started with Adams and preferably in a 4-4-2. That said Scotland could easily have scored a couple. Czechs the better of two phenomenally average sides. England should fill their boots on Friday. They probably won’t football being football. 
  • edited June 2021
    Gutted, two great finishes from Schick who was a class above pretty much anyone else on the pitch apart from, perhaps, Robertson and the Czech’s won fair and square. The pre-tournament excitement & optimism has been hit with a huge dose of reality.

Major changes needed to avoid total embarrassment on Friday against England. 
  • Going to be interesting to see what changes they make ahead of playing us

Really wont be surprised to see Craig Gordon in ahead of Marshall
  • se9addick said:
    Gutted, two great finishes from Schick who was a class above pretty much anyone else on the pitch apart from, perhaps, Robertson and the Czech’s won fair and square. The pre-tournament excitement & optimism has been hit with a huge dose of reality.

Major changes needed to avoid total embarrassment on Friday against England. 
    Don't get too down fella. Schick with it!
  • Sorry @se9addick it had to be done. 
  • Going to be interesting to see what changes they make ahead of playing us

David Marshall should be left on the bloody half way line of the Hampden pitch! 
  • Sponsored links:

• I am Schick!

• ffffs then se9 and sillybilly come on here and i feel  bad cos they're good lads and their team lost , fcuk off conscience it's football and morals are out the window
    Don’t feel bad for wallowing in our misery! 
  • edited June 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    sam3110 said:
    I can't get on board with the wanting Scotland to win til they play us cos were all British.

I want to see them lose by at least 5 goals to nil in all 3 games and spend another 20 years trying to qualify for the next one, only for the same thing to happen again
    Each to their own. I want them to win and I’ve not a deep fried bone in ma body. It all feels a bit fakey hate to me (a la Palace Brighton). I see it more as a sibling rivalry. 

Don't really understand why it’s ok to cheer on Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish athletes, swimmers, cricketers, golfers etc yet have to hate their footballers. 

Rule Brittania 

ps. I’ll laugh whenever they get stuffed though!
    If they are representing GB in the Olympics/Worlds then fine, but in the Commonwealth Games I would not be cheering on their swimmers.

Bit like Andy Murray (who I have warmed to over the last 6/7 years) - I wouldnt cheer for him as a default position (unless Davis Cup), depends if I like who he is playing better,

Just as I wouldnt cheer Liverpool in Europe but would want Jordan Henderson to smack one in for England

I've shared this on here before. 1998 World Cup, I was away with work and watched us get knocked out of the World Cup by Romania in the Glasgow Hilton. They couldn't have been more delighted and obnoxious. F*ck em.

Edit - the loss didn't knock us out, it was the last match of the group stage....but they were still obnoxious...
  • MrOneLung said:
    sam3110 said:
    I can't get on board with the wanting Scotland to win til they play us cos were all British.

I want to see them lose by at least 5 goals to nil in all 3 games and spend another 20 years trying to qualify for the next one, only for the same thing to happen again
    Each to their own. I want them to win and I’ve not a deep fried bone in ma body. It all feels a bit fakey hate to me (a la Palace Brighton). I see it more as a sibling rivalry. 

Don't really understand why it’s ok to cheer on Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish athletes, swimmers, cricketers, golfers etc yet have to hate their footballers. 

Rule Brittania 

If they are representing GB in the Olympics/Worlds then fine, but in the Commonwealth Games I would not be cheering on their swimmers.

Bit like Andy Murray (who I have warmed to over the last 6/7 years) - I wouldnt cheer for him as a default position (unless Davis Cup), depends if I like who he is playing better,

Just as I wouldnt cheer Liverpool in Europe but would want Jordan Henderson to smack one in for England

I've shared this on here before. 1998 World Cup, I was away with work and watched us get knocked out of the World Cup by Romania in the Glasgow Hilton. They couldn't have been more delighted and obnoxious. F*ck em.
    Euro2000?
  • Great goal for Slovakia v Poland, although Szczesny could have done better.
  • ffffs then se9 and sillybilly come on here and i feel  bad cos they're good lads and their team lost , fcuk off conscience it's football and morals are out the window
    I like Scotland and the Scots but can still laugh when they lose. Not in a nasty way just a bit of piss taking. Would fully expect and accept @cafcdave123 Silly Billy and the others on here giving us pelters if they beat us on Friday. It’s football.
    Hear hear , I love Scotland especially Edinburgh but there’s no better footie banter like it when England play Scotland 
  • MrOneLung said:
    sam3110 said:

Rule Brittania 

Euro2000?
    Edited above...it was WC98 but was actually the last match of the group stage (last minute winner by Dan Petrescu). Of course we were actually knocked out by Argentina. I watched that match in very nice Edinburgh hotel where there were very few Scottish people...
  • edited June 2021
    ffffs then se9 and sillybilly come on here and i feel  bad cos they're good lads and their team lost , fcuk off conscience it's football and morals are out the window
    I like Scotland and the Scots but can still laugh when they lose. Not in a nasty way just a bit of piss taking. Would fully expect and accept @cafcdave123 Silly Billy and the others on here giving us pelters if they beat us on Friday. It’s football.
    Yeah you really dont want to feel sorry for him ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    Going to be interesting to see what changes they make ahead of playing us

Poor bloke.
    From hero to zero in one match !
  • se9addick said:
    Going to be interesting to see what changes they make ahead of playing us

Poor bloke.
    From hero to zero in one match !
    least he managed to hit the back of the net 
  • MrOneLung said:
    sam3110 said:

Rule Brittania 

Euro2000?
    Edited above...it was WC98 but was actually the last match of the group stage (last minute winner by Dan Petrescu). Of course we were actually knocked out by Argentina. I watched that match in very nice Edinburgh hotel where there were very few Scottish people...
    There are a lot of holes in your recollection of the events, not sure you’re a reliable witness! 
  • Scottish goalkeeping calamities in major tournaments.....so what's new lol
  • Great goal for Slovakia v Poland, although Szczesny could have done better.
    Not the best day for keepers so far.
  • What pictures are the commentators seeing? They just discussed why the Slovak goal was credited as an own goal and were speculating whether the shot was “too hot to handle and therefore should be credited to Mak, the Slovak player”. But if they took ten seconds to watch the replay, they’d see the ball bounced out off the post, hit the goalie and went in. It’s an own goal and shouldn't even be up for debate!
    ITV’s coverage is shocking 
  • edited June 2021
    My Year 8 tutor group picked out Slovakia in the sweepstake and a rival Year 8 group picked Poland so I'm happy with the score so far. They have been researching Slovakia, I've written to the Slovakian embassy to tell them we're cheering for them...this is almost as important as the England match.
  • I thought that Scotland deserved a goal for their efforts but lacked quality in the final third. I don’t like the peroxide blond centre-forward from QPR, Dykes. Difficult to understand how he and Christie started ahead of Che Adams, who carried much more threat when he came on.

Scotland’s big players like McTominay and McGinn had very little impact (Robertson excepted) and the Czechs had class up top and defended very soundly. In fairness, they are always pretty good technically and, as former European Champions (courtesy of Panenka in 1976) and finalists in 96, they have a far superior pedigree to Scotland - and, of course, to England.
  • The fact about Szczesny they just gave was a good one - 2012 first game sent off, 2016 first game injured, 2020(/21) first game own goal.

Should have played Fabianski even if just for this game! :D