Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Gunter starting for Wales against Italy
  • Gunter starting for Wales against Italy
    Fair play to him, drawing a nice pension at the Valley 😏.
  • He should be fresh...
  • edited June 2021
    Jonniesta said:
    He should be fresh...
    Never really rated him, having said that, he started off well for us but fell away badly to prove me right. One hundred caps??? Not good enough to lace Chris Powell’s boots……. and yes I know they are different nationalities and play on different sides of the pitch 😉.
  • It will be interesting to see how he does. One of the stand out players for Hungary yesterday (cant remember his name) plays for Bristol City and isnt a regular starter for them. Just goes to show you dont have to be on fortunes and be a household name to hold your own in a tournament 
  • edited June 2021
    Gunyer in a back 3. Interestingly preferred to Lockyer. 
  • If Gunter puts a shift in here it's going to annoy me, doesn't appear to try a leg in a charlton shirt.
  • edited June 2021
    Richard J said:
    Gunyer in a back 3. Interestingly preferred to Lockyer. 
    Madness, One step beyond;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N-uyWAe0NhQ

• We should be proud to be represented. Let's hope Wales put in a performance. Mind you, I am half Italian so not too much of a performance form my perspective.
  • It’s amazing to think the Welsh goalie has not played a league game for 4 years 
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone know what nickname the Welsh have given to Chris Gunter?
  • I dont mind John Hartson normally, but the way he's said "Chrissy Gunter" ten times in the last 5 minutes is seriously grating!
  • Razor1890 said:
    If Gunter puts a shift in here it's going to annoy me, doesn't appear to try a leg in a charlton shirt.
    Very harsh. He’s not been our best player by a long shot this season, but I’d never accuse him of being anything but a limited honest pro who gives his all.
  • MrOneLung said:
    It’s amazing to think the Welsh goalie has not played a league game for 4 years 
    Good to see the Wales manager picking in form players.
  • Wales genuinely play more expansive stuff than us. 
  • Wales giving this a right good go, as we knew they would against a very inexperienced Italy
  • MrOneLung said:
    It’s amazing to think the Welsh goalie has not played a league game for 4 years 
    Good to see the Wales manager picking in form players.
    Not conceded a league goal for 4
    years 
  • edited June 2021
    Laddick01 said:
    Wales genuinely play more expansive stuff than us. 
    I wish we had the desire and fight that they do.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Wales genuinely play more expansive stuff than us. 
    If we'd played them the other night instead of Scotland, they'd have beaten us.
  • Anyone else notice Italy give so many free-kicks away in the middle third of the pitch and they're not just mistimed; most of them are "tactical". This is where surely a count on free kicks should lead to a booking. It's clearly a tactic to make sure the ball doesn't get near their box. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone else notice Italy give so many free-kicks away in the middle third of the pitch and they're not just mistimed; most of them are "tactical". This is where surely a count on free kicks should lead to a booking. It's clearly a tactic to make sure the ball doesn't get near their box. 
    they're copying Man City
  • The Welsh are better than us!
  • Chris Gunter nearly getting a goal 
  • and Chrissy G shoulda scored from a corner 
  • 102 caps for Wales and nearly his first goal with a header.
  • Turkey are shocking 
  • At least we’re not Turkish. Listening to their fans they genuinely though they could win the thing haha.
  • edited June 2021
    Gunter has had a good career, mainly in the Championship with over 100 caps for his country.
    Don't judge his career on last season in League 1.