Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Options
    'Its not var that's the problem, it's the refs' LOL
  • Options

• Options
    Jonathan Pearce is saying that if Finland lose then Denmark will be through? That’s not true is it…I thought it went head to head? And Finland beat Denmark.
    But Russia beat Finland and Denmark would beat Russia. It ends up circular so head to head doesn't really work as simply as that in a three way tie.
    Ahhhhh ffs I’m forgetting Russia will also be on 3!
    it also depends if any more goals are scored/conceded  before the finishes
  • Options
    Such a weak group when compared to Group F
  • Options
    Denmark win will put England through
  • Options
    Belgian goal from the corner
  • Options
    And after all that, an OG from a header from a corner. A shame for the keeper 
  • Options
    Great strike from Christiansen!
  • Options
    Unbelievable hit from the centre back!
  • Options
    How many Chelsea players are playing in these Euros?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Am I missing something? Denmark, Finland and Russia all on 3. Finland with a superior GD yet still below Russia?

Edit: BBC have changed it now. Did that 3rd Dane goal make any difference? I don't see how
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Daddy_Pig said:
    Am I missing something? Denmark, Finland and Russia all on 3. Finland with a superior GD yet still below Russia?

Edit: BBC have changed it now. Did that 3rd Dane goal make any difference? I don't see how
    Done on goals scored before GD I believe 
  • Options
    4-1 Denmark, should see them through
  • Options
    Great game this Denmark one
  • Options
    Blimey, Denmark are running them ragged.
  • Options
    Belgium 2-0, Lukaku
  • Options
    Russia just not the same team when they're not juiced off their nuts
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Daddy_Pig said:

Feel free to pick holes in this because it's probably wrong but...

Head to head results...

Denmark 0-1 Finland
    Finland 0-1 Russia
    Russia 1-2 Denmark

Results against Belgium are irrelevant in that situation. All equal goal difference, Denmark and Russia had scored most goals so above Finland. Then Denmark beat Russia so Denmark second Russia third.

Now because Denmark are thrashing Russia, the Russians have the worst head to head goal difference between the three and will finish bottom and Denmark finish top (of the three).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Daddy_Pig said:

Head to head results...

Denmark 0-1 Finland
    Finland 0-1 Russia
    Russia 1-2 Denmark

Results against Belgium are irrelevant in that situation. All equal goal difference, Denmark and Russia had scored most goals so above Finland. Then Denmark beat Russia so Denmark second Russia third.

Now because Denmark are thrashing Russia, the Russians have the worst head to head goal difference between the three and will finish bottom and Denmark finish top (of the three).

I think with three teams on 3 points the head to head is discounted. So Russia bottom on GD.
  • Options
    Daddy_Pig said:

Head to head records...

Denmark 0-1 Finland
    Finland 0-1 Russia
    Russia 1-2 Denmark

I looked it up just now and you're spot on. It's basically a mini league that disregards the Belgium results hence why Finland conceding a second made no difference but Russia conceding the 4th did
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Daddy_Pig said:

Head to head results...

Denmark 0-1 Finland
    Finland 0-1 Russia
    Russia 1-2 Denmark

I think with three teams on 3 points the head to head is discounted. So Russia bottom on GD.
    You’d have thought so but apparently not because Russia were third when the score was 1-2 and they had worse overall GD (-1 Finland, -3 Russia) then.
  • Options
    Ukraine are relieved to see Finland losing by two... they will jump above the Finns in the third place rankings.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    We know three definite last 16 games now: Italy v Austria at Wembley, Wales v Denmark in Amsterdam (both on Saturday) and Belgium v Switzerland in Seville on Sunday. We know England are through but not who and where they will play.
  • Options
    Ukraine are relieved to see Finland losing by two... they will jump above the Finns in the third place rankings.
    They need one more Group to fall for them. 
  • Options
    We know three definite last 16 games now: Italy v Austria at Wembley, Wales v Denmark in Amsterdam (both on Saturday) and Belgium v Switzerland in Seville on Sunday. We know England are through but not who and where they will play.
    I don't think Belgium v Switzerland is guaranteed yet. Depends on who gets through.

Belgium will play in Seville for certain but still yet to be determined who against.

Switzerland could still face the winner of Group E or Group F.
  • Options
    I don't think Belgium v Switzerland is guaranteed yet. Depends on who gets through.

Belgium will play in Seville for certain but still yet to be determined who against.

Switzerland could still face the winner of Group E or Group F.
    Actually, good point. 
  • Options
    A super motivated and happy Denmark will be tough competition for Wales, so much tougher than that ordinary Finland side