Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Spain could end up being the biggest strugglers if they finish third - Draw in their final game again and three points may well not be enough this year... Although if it is, their neutral GD could help.

Either that or Portugal if they lose to France as their GD could easily be negative 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Out of France, Germany and Portugal I would prefer Germany as despite how well they played against Portugal I think we would have more chance of scoring against Germany than Portugal. France would turn it on against us and I feel we would struggle. 
    Portugal just leaked 4 to a side playing 3 at the back. You can definitely get at them.

Before the game against the Germans, I believe Portugal conceded 7 goals in 13 games. Being crap at the back against the Germans was because Gosens was allowed to run riot as a Wing back and the Portuguese coach was slow on the up take.
    I can't believe he will be so dopey if they play England in the last 16. I expect the Germans to beat Hungary and finish top. 
    France and Portugal to draw and all 3 big teams go though.
  • Options
    So let's assume Holland win and top the group. It doesn't suit Austria to play out a draw does it? Ukraine will go through if they don't lose but Austria could miss out if they don't win. Have I got that wrong?
    Holland have already won the group. 

If it's a draw then Ukraine and Austria would almost certainly both qualify. 4 points and a 0 goal difference will put Austria (who would be third) above Switzerland who are third from group A and they'd need a lot of results to go against them to not finish above 1 other third placed side.
    OK cheers. I thought I read that because of other group results they could be out with a draw and I was confused 
  • Options
    just to clarify for my little brain, are the groups decided by head to head first rather than goal difference? 
  • Options
    just to clarify for my little brain, are the groups decided by head to head first rather than goal difference? 
    Yes
  • Options
    The Dutch public want 4-3-3 not 3-5-2 !
    Despite 2 wins and 5 goals scored.
    Disappointed the big man Weghorst isn't starting. 
  • Options
    Austria have started very well.
  • Options
    Ukraine have been poor. Deserve to be behind.
  • Options
    What channel are you watching the Ukraine match on?
  • Options
    I do wonder if that call was the other way around whether it would have been overturned. Dutch defender although he wins the ball clearly goes showing his studs and given what we've seen in this tournament so far...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ITV4
  • Options
    It's on ITV4 apparently. I'm watching on ESPN...
  • Options
    Thanks guys 
  • Options
    Surprised main ITV isn't showing the Austria- Ukraine game which is the one that matters in the group.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Depay scores from a break away in an end to end match.North Macedonia have hit the post and the Dutch have nearly doubled their lead.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Real danger that Ukraine go out if they lose here. Only three points and negative goal difference. They’ll need an equaliser.
  • Options
    Dumfries will surely be leaving PSV for a "bigger club". He's been excellent so far in this tournament 
  • Options
    Dumfries will surely be leaving PSV for a "bigger club". He's been excellent so far in this tournament 
    A club like ours then 
  • Options
    He should be playing for queen of the south
    Apparently Dumfries is Scotlands happiest Town.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    That’s the Dutch scored at least 2 goals in ten consecutive matches 

edit to add, that’s 28 in ten games 
  • Options

Wales fans will be unable to travel to Amsterdam for the next round of Euro 2020 in the Netherlands, Wales' health minister has said. 

Eluned Morgan said police in Amsterdam had said they would not be "letting Welsh fans into the country".

The Netherlands is on the UK's amber list, meaning travel is not advised, while the UK is not on the Netherlands' safe country list

Wales's last 16 match will take place in Amsterdam on Saturday.

• Options
    So if this stays the same, then Belgium beat Finland, am I right that everyone with 4 points will already be guaranteed to go through?  
  • Options
    Mount and Chilwell are self-isolating suspect to being positive with COVID and won’t be in the squad for tomorrow’s game.!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    So if this stays the same, then Belgium beat Finland, am I right that everyone with 4 points will already be guaranteed to go through?  
    Yes, correct. It could go down to goal difference for the sides that get 3 points if it is a draw. It might not be comfortable for Portugal if they lose to France. An Austria win and I think they would have to lose by 3 or hope for a draw between Croatia and Scotland. I think!

There is still the Spain Sweden group where 3rd place could get less than 4 points. 
  • Options
    Yes, correct.
    You wonder whether that might affect how many players teams like us, the Czechs and the Swedes rest.
  • Options
    Mount and Chilwell are self-isolating suspect to being positive with COVID and won’t be in the squad for tomorrow’s game.!
    Just seen it being mentioned on the England/Jocks thread… Apologies 
  • Options
    Big incentive for Scotland however knowing a win against Croatia takes them through.
  • Options
    Yes, it ought to give some games an edge. 
  • Options
    If they can put in a performance like they did against us I fancy them to win the game. Personally I hope they do.