Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2020 Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021
    If my maths is correct...

A draw for Spain will take them through if Poland fail to win.
    Either Germany (v Hungary) or Portugal (v France) will need to lose by 3 goals to be eliminated.

A draw between Croatia and Scotland will eliminate both. A win for either will send the victor through. 

Switzerland are through. Ukraine and Finland are dependent on the above permutations.
  • Options
    Superb night for Denmark, very happy for them. Can’t imagine how tough the last week has been for them and to end the group in style like that is wonderful to see. 
  • Options

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Daddy_Pig said:
    If my maths is correct...

A draw for Spain will take them through if Poland fail to win.
    Either Germany (v Hungary) or Portugal (v France) will need to lose by 3 goals to be eliminated.

A draw between Croatia and Scotland will eliminate both. A win for either will send the victor through. 

Switzerland are through. Ukraine and Finland are dependent on the above permutations.
    A Croatia v Scotland draw will put Ukraine through. Interestingly, if Hungary shock Germany and France beat Portugal, the winner of our group would play Hungary and Portugal would probably be out. Can't see it. I reckon we will play France or Germany if we win the Group!!!!
  • Options
    A lot of permutations but if Spain draw with Slovakia but do finish 3rd it's looking most likely that Spain will play Belgium and the Netherlands will play 3rd from the Fra/Get/Por/Hun group
  • Options
    They are Red they are white they are Danish dynamite. 
  • Options
    Through our group with a game to play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Belgium will play Switzerland (3 out of 7 combinations), Group E 3rd (3 out of 7 combinations) or Group F third (1 out of 7 combinations).

Netherlands will play Group D third (3 out of 7), Group E third (1 out of 7) or Group F third (3 out of 7).

Group E winner (Sweden if they beat Poland) will play Finland (3 out of 7), Ukraine (3 out of 7) or Group D third (1 out of 7).

Group F winners (France if they beat Portugal) will play Switzerland (4 out of 7) or Ukraine (3 out of 7).

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Yep England qualified after 2 games.
    I'm hoping for a draw tomorrow and then progression to the QF at least.
    (I know I'm in the minority and most want a win and us to face France or Germany, maybe Portugal).
  • Options
    I can see us drawing tomorrow. No pressure to win, and not much incentive to either, given what lies beyond. A good chance for Southgate to give some new players a run out, you would think. If you didn't know better.
  • Options
    It is confusing but winning the group will probably give us a difficult last 16 game but a cleaner path to the final. Too early to be sure though but and all I can say is come on Hungary!
  • Options
    Pleased for Thomas Sandgaard and family - must of enjoyed that tonight
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    The bottom half of the draw has a difficult round of 16 match for the England group winners but otherwise looks to be wide open. 

Italy, Belgium, potentially France/Germany & Spain will be in the other half…
  • Options
    If Hungary beat the Germans and France beat Portugal, the Magyars will finish second and that would be about as open as we could dream of.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    If Hungary beat the Germans and France beat Portugal, the Magyars will finish second and that would be about as open as we could dream of.
    Hungary in the round of 16, Sweden/Finland/Ukraine in the quarters and probably the Dutch in a semi final. Yes please. 

Hinges on an England win and Hungary shock in Munich… :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I suspect the Germans or Portugal would find their way in our side of the draw, whichever finished third. They would probably have to face the dutch before they faced us though. I think we do want to win the Group strategically.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Enjoyed tonight. Great performance by Denmark. Entertaining, exciting, a few twists with the Belgium disallowed goal coinciding with the Russian penalty. Emotional.. it's what football is about. Great evening
  • Options
    just try and win football matches!
  • Options
    Through our group with a game to play.

Southgate in!
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    This Gilmour stuff is pretty funny.

I like him as a player and he had a decent game. Honesty though this is the most I’ve ever seen one player be built up for 1 performance. You’d think he was prime Xavi the way people are talking about him.
    Not forgetting the football panel at HT were saying that he was out of his depth and needed more assistance.
  • Options
    just to clarify for my little brain, are the groups decided by head to head first rather than goal difference? 
    Yes
    That's what I thought but that's not what I found when looking it up earlier:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/soccer/news/euro-2021-how-best-third-3rd-place-teams-advance-groups/6ce5esvedrun17nh2ghj0ion8
  • Options
    So 2 England players isolating for talking to Gilmour for 1 minute in the tunnel, but the whole Scottish squad who presumably spent up to 2 hours in the same dressing room don't need to?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    just to clarify for my little brain, are the groups decided by head to head first rather than goal difference? 
    Yes
    That's what I thought but that's not what I found when looking it up earlier:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/soccer/news/euro-2021-how-best-third-3rd-place-teams-advance-groups/6ce5esvedrun17nh2ghj0ion8
    That's how they rank all the third placed teams, one from each group. Which makes sense because head to head doesn't exist, they haven't played each other.

The groups themselves go by head to head, then by goal difference etc.
  • Options
    good evenings football , great results for Sandgaards boys , clear off orrible ruskies and a tougher match for the welsh in the next round , what's not to like