Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play Offs - Yes or No?

We are way clear of relegation zone. 7 points of play offs and only 3 of 8 place - so can we reach the play offs???

Comments

• Options
    No No No and I do not want to either
  • Options
    Ask me again ...at the end of the season....
  • Options
    rather finish where we are now tbh
  • Options

No No No and I do not want to either

agreed
  • Options
    It's possible but really wouldn't be unhappy with mid table.
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    Priority was to stay up at the start, so if we can have a relatively mundane second half of the season finishing mid table it'll do me just fine.
  • Options
    Why would anyone not want a chance to get promoted back to the Prem? I don't think our squad is quite deep enough to keep this up and push on to the playoffs but it would be amazing if we could.
  • Options

Why would anyone not want a chance to get promoted back to the Prem? I don't think our squad is quite deep enough to keep this up and push on to the playoffs but it would be amazing if we could.

This
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't see it , Think we'll finish top Half and look at this as a successful season , CP has done a great job with the squad provided however I feel the teams above us have to much Quality that we simply cannot afford at the moment, and in a way it is probably better for us as a team to stay in this division in order to try and build up the squad for a push in the next couple of seasons
  • Options

I just think it's too soon and potentially could do more harm than good. That's not to say I wouldn't be supporting like mad if we did make the playoffs!
  • Options
    73 points says yes.
  • Options
    We're 5 points short of where we need to be for a playoff place. Need 75 points, so exactly 2 per game from now. We are averaging 1.4 to date, so need to play like champions until the end of the season. Possible that 73 will do it, so we have an outside chance. We're just finding our feet, probably find that December will cost us, bloody same.
  • Options

I'm really not hugely fussed about Premier League football. Right now I go to games hoping we win and knowing we've got at least a chance of doing so. I don't really want to be praying for a point every week, bankrupting ourselves just to keep our heads above water, having a stadium half full of fans who couldn't care less about our club and paying £50 a go to witness all of this at away games.

I care more about us never going back down to L1 than ever going up to the Prem.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I'm really not hugely fussed about Premier League football. Right now I go to games hoping we win and knowing we've got at least a chance of doing so. I don't really want to be praying for a point every week, bankrupting ourselves just to keep our heads above water, having a stadium half full of fans who couldn't care less about our club and paying £50 a go to witness all of this at away games.

I care more about us never going back down to L1 than ever going up to the Prem.
    Totally agree with that, especially the last sentence!
  • Options
    No, but that may change if we make it.
  • Options
    On behalf of the board and I, yes please.
    Would love another day out at Wembley.
  • Options
    Its a strange one. Everyone wants the club to be playing at the highest level and playing the best teams they can and going to the best stadiums.

But if we get to the prem, I will personally struggle to afford going especially to away games.

Plus i love this league. So unpredictable and exciting.
  • Options
    I don't see it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No chance and as above if we go up I would imagine I would be priced out of going.
  • Options
    Wow some serious ambition in here.

I get not thinking we will make the play-offs, but not wanting to? I don't get it.
  • Options
    Like many, I'd hate to this big hearted tight squad broken up prematurely to make way for mercenaries.

Let the team play as they have been doing and see what happens.
    No expectations.

Then it's just bit of fun if we do make a playoff place.
    And again, no expectations.
  • Options
    What Oggy said.
  • Options
    No. 6 teams who are better at least.
  • Options

Wow some serious ambition in here.

I get not thinking we will make the play-offs, but not wanting to? I don't get it.

It's hard to explain, I don't go to games hoping we lose or anything ! If we win the league or playoffs I'd be overjoyed, it's just that by the end of our stint in the top flight I was totally jaded by the cynicism and monotony of being in a league where for most of the participants coming 17 out of 20 was fine. Nothing I've seen in that league since had changed my mind that things would be any different and if I'm honest one of my favourite things is watching Charlton away, which I do regularly at the moment, clearly that would become ridicuosly expensive in the Prem.
  • Options
    Could we make it yes do i think we'll make it no
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Well said.
  • Options
    why not? Need to add a couple of players this window though. I think we will fall slightly short but even an unsuccessful play off experience would be good experience for a push next season.
  • Options
    No.